|D.O.B.||October 5th, 2059|
|Priority||Metatype - C |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - E
Resources - E
A Seattle native born to SINless Irish parents, Bane's natural Psionic talents plus his family's Mafia connections landed him a job as arcane bodyguard to the Finnigans. But Bane has a nasty habit of making promises he can't keep, leaving him unemployed, deep in debt, and a nasty reputation in the metaplanes that has every spirit out for his blood. Only the timely intervention of an elderly troll fixer kept Bane from a premature end to his career.
- Pay off his debt to the Finnigan Family so the Mafia leaves him alone.
- Keep Auntie Amelia safe/happy, and pay her back for saving him.
- Find a way to make peace with (or eliminate) the spirits that promulgate his bad reputation in the metaplanes.
After ending up on the wrong side of the new Tír na nÓg government in 2035, Bane's family had their national SINs burned and they migrated (some would say "exiled") to UCAS. SINless and with few connections outside the Irish mob, they eventually settled around the Seattle docks, where they survived by running shady businesses for the Finnigan Family. When Bane was born awakened, he was groomed from an early age to become a mob mage. His mother, his teachers, random kids in the barrens all called him "special", which led Bane to develop his magical talents through the Psionic tradition; Bane saw himself as better than others simply through the power of his mind.
But while his power grew, Bane's ego grew even larger. Though he commonly got himself into trouble, there weren't many problems that he couldn't get himself back out of with his magic. After borrowing some money from the mob, he acquired a powerful sword weapon focus, which only served to increase his self-importance. But his bravado eventually caught up with him soon after he began doing jobs for the Finnigans. While working arcane security for a Finnigan safehouse, the mob discovered a Triad plot to bind a powerful spirit to their service and kill a Finnigan leader. Looking to make a name for himself, Bane quickly volunteered to find the spirit and take it down before it could do any damage. Though Bane knew basically nothing about spirits, he figured it couldn't be too hard. After half-reading a couple matrix references about the metaplanes, he figured he could just go find the spirit there and take it out. His plan went poorly. Alone in the metaplanes with no idea how to navigate or track his target, he hit the wrong spirit. When he retuned to his body, he found the Finnigans had already been attacked. Panicking, Bane fled.
It was certain the Finnigans would pin the failure on Bane, the only question was when they would show up to kill him. Bane spent the next 6 hours in a downtown bar trying to decide whether to run for it or face the music. With the mob's reach, running wasn't much of an option; Bane knew he had to psyche himself up to go down fighting. But right as he was making the decision to go back, he was stopped by an associate of Auntie Amelia, the local fixer. She must have seen something in Bane worth saving, as she offered him a job in return for pulling a few strings to ensure the Finnigans wouldn't kill him outright. Bane accepted, and ever since has become fiercely loyal to Auntie as a result.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Mystic Adept (Psionic Tradition) - Bane believes his power comes from himself; that inflated ego both powers his magic, and gets him in trouble constantly.
- Arcane Bodyguard - Bane likes to show off his power, his favorite way is to beat other magicians by fizzling their spells. He honed this skill during his time serving as magical bodyguard for the Finnigans.
- Perceptive - The first thing you learn as a bodyguard in the Mob is to keep your head on a swivel.
- Spirit Pariah - Bane's disastrous, poorly-planned metaplanar trip resulted in most spirits hating his guts.
- Gremlins - Whatever spirits inhabit electronics must have caught word of Bane's pariah status, because electronics tend to go haywire around Bane more often than reasonably explained by chance.
- Designated Omega - Bane is used to serving as a bodyguard, taking orders, and being told where to be when.
- In Debt - Bane's debt to the Finnigans is almost paid off, he just needs one more good run.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Pressing the Attack||Sarcarian||24 November 2081|
|The Lotus Flower Blooms Far From the Sun||Sarcarian||14 November 2081|
|Auntie Amelia||4||3||Fixer(N,K,G,A)||Elderly Troll||Gossiper, Old Adept, Tea Horse Road, Shadow Networker, Seattle Streetwise||Even|
|Psychopomp||3||4||Gear||Talismonger||Psion, Dogmatic, Artificer, Spell Foci, Talismonger, Lodges||Even|
|Bagrak||1||1||Service||Doctor||Street Doc, Awakened Medicine||Even|
|Argent||1||3||Fixer||Street-level Fixer||Silver Tongue, Elven Blood||Even|
|Yellow Lotus Triad||+3|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
- Dara O'Brian (R3)