|Wuxing Shipping Overseer|
|Kind of Knows Runners|
|Preferred Payment Method||Services|
|Hobbies/Vice||Art, Sailing, Using power|
|Personal Life||Married, with Children|
A Hidden Place
High Society Production
Fan Yang is an executive manager of shipping operations in Seattle, as part of Wuxing Worldwide Shipping. In his public face, he acts as an overseer of Shiawase controlled docks in Tacoma, as well as a representative of the company in shipping circles in the area. That work requires labor though, both by legal, upstanding operations, and well, those that aren't. He maintains connections with the Shadowrunning community of Seattle, cultivating professional connections and trying to advance Wuxing's concerns when they intersect. While a newer actor in the local scene, he has high ambitions, hoping to gain experience in the shadow work of the world and raise his standing in the corporate hierarchy.
Notes for GM's
- His name follows Family Name, Given Name conventions, as typical for Chinese names.
- Yang, displaying an attitude mirrored by his company, prefers subtlety in his runners. He values people who can act politely and with discretion. The opposite is well... discouraged.
- Yang is used to his whims being followed by the people under him. If he gives a request to an underling, he expects it to be obeyed.
- While Yang has a decent amount of influence over shipping, cargo, and local Seattle goings on, his stature in the company itself isn't significant. He has power in the area, but not prestige, and he wants to change that.
- While not entirely without experience, his role as a fixer is newer to him. Wanting to have a stronger skillset to facilitate his rise, he is seeking to change this. He is working to gain as much knowledge and understanding of the shadows as possible.
- He is polite to runners, but a shrewd negotiator, and works hard to eke out any advantages he can.
- More used to the relatively indirect and hands-off brutality of corporate life, examples of violence clearly displayed to him may disturb him.
- He cares deeply about his wife and children, doting on them in his free time. He is also an avid recreational sailor, often roaming around the bay and surrounding areas.
|Shipping Overseer||Yang has considerable pull in Wuxing operations around Seattle. +2 to checks involving Wuxing, it's subsidiaries, and those bullyable by its stature.|
|Triad Connections||Wuxing has a long history of association with the Triads, and Yang is quite comfortable working with them. +2 to Knowledge or Networking Tests involving Triads.|
|A Hidden Place||Yang can hide you from prying eyes. Whether floating in the ocean, or nestled in a panic room, he can keep you safe. +2 to Tests to find a Safehouse.|
|High Society Production||Mingling with the rich and powerful is an essential part of success. Yang can get runners the things they need to shine. +2 to Gear Acquisition Tests for high fashion clothes or luxury vehicles.|
|Awakened Goods||Wuxing is one of the finest supplier of magical goods and those connections have been passed to you. +2 to Gear Acquisition Tests for Foci and Lodge Materials.|
|Dockworkers, Work!||Yang has many employees under him. They are taught to do what they are told and to not question orders, lest they lose their job. They can be deployed to serve useful purposes.|
|Passenger Line||Cargo goes on ships, but people can as well. Yang can facilitate transportation all around the world, by ship though. He'll try to get you an express route.|
|Knowledge Checks||6 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Active Checks||4 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Gear Acquisition Checks||10 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Networking Checks||14 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
Player Characters with this Contact
NPC who know this contact
Narrative Significant Runs
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Adrian Maersk on detours||KaterSalem||15 April 2083|
|A Night Under the Stars||Archtmag||By Royal Decree||19 August 2082|
|Chestnuts Out of the Fire||Sarcarian||A Scattering of Deadly Petals||14 July 2082|
|A Seaside Escape||Archtmag||22 June 2082|