X-Card and Roleplay Safety Systems
The X-Card and similar roleplay safety systems shall be honored when used and treated with respect and dignity. See The X-Card: A Guide for ShadowHaven GMs and Roleplay Safety Systems for more information.
We don’t use anything that is German Exclusive Content. We also do not use the 2050 books. For specific instructions on setting up Chummer, see Chummer Setup.
- Assassin’s Primer
- Battle of Manhattan
- Better Than Bad
- Bloody Business
- Book of the Lost
- Bullets and Bandages†
- Chrome Flesh
- Cutting Aces
- Data Trails
- Dark Terrors
- Forbidden Arcana
- Gun Heaven 3
- Hard Targets
- Howling Shadows
- Kill Code
- Krime Catalogue
- No Future
- Rigger 5.0
- Run and Gun
- Run Faster
- Sail Away, Sweet Sister
- Shadow Spells
- Shadowrun 5th edition
- Shadows in Focus: Butte
- Shadows in Focus: Metrópole
- Shadows in Focus: San Francisco
- Shadows In Focus: Sioux Nation: Counting Coup
- Splintered State
- Stolen Souls
- Street Grimoire
- Street Lethal
- The Complete Trog
- The Seattle Gambit
- The Vladivostok Gauntlet
† Only sections titled "New Qualities" on page 11-12, "New Drugs, Toxins, and Pathogens" on pages 19-21, "New Spells and Powers" on page 21-22, and "New Gear" on pages 22-23.
- Priority and Sum-To-Ten are the permitted character generation types. Karma Generation is not allowed. Most characters will be built using Standard rules (As opposed to Prime Runner/Street Level). However, it is possible to create characters using the Prime Runner rules (see below).
- Players are allotted 3 character slots. They may buy additional slots for 10 GMP each. When doing this, post a comment to your r/Shadowhavenchargen thread with how much GMP you spent.
- Extralife prime slots are exempt from this limit.
- Players may unretire a character so long as they haven't filled that slot yet. It isn't required, but it would be more fun if you included a short statement about how the character got dragged back into the shadows after escaping. For some examples:
- you have 3 standard slots with 2 characters. You retire character #2 and have a 3rd character approved. As long as you don’t have a 4th character approved before unretiring character #2, you may unretire them.
- You have 3 slots filled with 3 characters. You retire 1 character and submit a new character. Eventually, you retire another character or gain a new slot. You cannot unretire the first character retired.
- You have 3 character slots and 1 prime slot. You have 2 standard PCs and 1 prime PC. You retire the prime PC and submit a new prime PC. Even though you have kept a slot open the entire time you may not ever unretire the first prime character, since the slot it was occupying has been filled.
- Essentially, this is intended as a safeguard against people retiring their characters and regretting it, not as a way to allow people to play more characters than would normally be permitted.
Creating Prime Runners
- Players may purchase Prime Generation character slots at the cost of 100 GMP for their first purchase. Any additional slots cost an additional 100 GMP which is cumulative. For instance:
- Prime Generation slots purchased through our charity events are exempt from this cumulative price. You must always mark on your character’s wiki page the source of the Prime Generation whether that is something like our extra life events or if it was purchased.
Attributes at Character Generation
- Physical and mental attributes with an unaugmented value of 1 represent severe handicaps. Often, these lead to poor gameplay, overly narrow characters, and/or a quick demise. As such, characters are limited to a single unaugmented attribute of 1, calculated using the full-body average for any cyberlimbs. Only permanent attribute augmentations count. Additionally, players will be expected to provide at least some in-game justification at chargen for such a handicap (e.g. the Paraplegic quality, a metagenic defect, etc.) — these are not just numbers on a sheet. Logic is the exception to this rule. A player character may never start with an unaugmented Logic attribute of 1. This is due to the implication of an inability to consent to running as a result of the above rules.
Full Body Average
- For the purposes of determining "full body average" for Agility and Strength when cyberlimbs are involved, the average is determined using each limb and your torso (natural attribute). Cyberskulls should be disabled when setting up Chummer.
- AI are not permitted for PC use.
- The optional rules for playable free insect spirits ("Dark Terrors" p. 32) will not be used. At all.
Mundane PCs may pay karma to Awaken or Emerge post-gen. The karma costs are extreme.
- Latent Awakening/Emergence:
- Cost: Special
- Requirements: Mundane, at least 1 essence
- Not everyone Awakens or Emerges early. Such was not the case for you, though you always had the spark within you. The cost for this quality is variable, with a base value of 155 karma. Then, add the karma cost of the quality you are buying (5 for Aware, 15 for Technomancer or Aspected Magician including Explorer, 20 for Adept, and 40 for Magician or Mystic Adept). Next, add an amount based on your current essence:
- 5 karma if you have 6 essence.
- 15 karma if you have 5 essence.
- 30 karma if you have 4 essence.
- 50 karma if you have 3 essence.
- 75 karma if you have 2 essence.
- 105 karma if you have 1 essence.
Finally, if you are now a Mystic Adept, you may pay 5 karma per power point you gain. You may gain up to current essence power points this way. Any mundane-only qualities are lost with no benefit. Any net Ascension Rewards over standard run RVP add to the cost of this quality at 1 RVP to 1 karma. After purchasing this quality, you have a Magic or Resonance score of 1 and follow all normal rules for the new quality henceforth. Any skills or spells need to be purchased separately.
- We allow ghouls, vampires (Including the sukuyan variant in "Hard Targets"), gnawers and banshees, bandersnatches, goblins, dzoo-noo-qua, fomóraig and grendels on ShadowHaven. PCs are not sterile, so your teammates may be extra cautious around you.
- For all infected PC optional infected powers may not be bought at chargen. You may buy your first optional power immediately following your first run.
- We allow loup-garou under the following conditions:
- Loup-garou must be implanted with at least a rating one Adrenaline Filter ("Dark Terrors" p. 163), and must leave it on at all times.
- Loup-garou are considered to be at the peak of their cycle on the run before they pay rent.
- Pixies are not permitted for player use.
SURGED, Shifters and Extreme Body-Modders
- We acknowledge that SURGElings/shifters/extreme body-mod characters run up against other Internet subcultures, but this community is not a place to explore such things. You should have an understanding of the lore, ramifications and limitations of each type of character. Please contact Shadowhaven Chargen for resources regarding the nuanced lore of the SURGElings, shifters and extreme body-modders. We would like your help in having these types of PCs represented in a way that enriches the Shadowhaven living campaign.
- The Haven no longer bans player characters intended to look like bug spirits, either through SURGE or body-modding. PCs may have Insectoid Features or have Biosculpting to look like bugs. However, be aware that the general populace will want to kill you.
Drakes and Changes to Drake Mechanics
You may have a drake character. Additionally, the following changes are made to drake powers:
- The timer to pick up new drake powers of 5+ karma is 2 months instead of 3 months.
- Hardened Scales now costs 16 karma instead of 6.
- The draconic tradition remains banned for PCs (see below why).
- Transcend Form does not benefit from either Drake Hardened Armor or Drake Mystic Hardened Armor
- Armor can be purchased that can shift with you between metahuman, drake and Transcended Forms.
- The cost is 50% higher than normal for all armor and armor accessories besides Chemical Seal.
- For Chemical Seal, the cost is 400% higher.
- The armor is obviously able to change size/shape from a cursory visual inspection.
- Latent Dracomorphosis is unbanned. To become a drake, you will pay another 70 karma.
- Drake powers are available to be purchased starting the first run after a character has shifted into drake form.
- Drakes may use any weapon type in drake form. Your hands change shape and size with the transformation, so personalized grip will only work in one form (and penalize the other).
- Drakes may not be in thrall to great dragons. This makes the draconic tradition unavailable to them.
- Prototype Transhumans may not be drakes.
- The buff to adepts with no augmentations does not apply to drakes.
- Drakes are immune to HMHVV. They cannot take Carrier or any of the HMHVV qualities. Infected characters or carriers of HMHVV cannot ever have Latent Dracomorphosis or any of the drake qualities.
- You may purchase a specialization with skill points even if the rank (or ranks) in the skill were purchased with karma.
- Initiations are not permitted at chargen.
- Paradigm Shift shall, rather than being a metamagic, be performed by paying the same amount of karma one would ordinarily have to pay to initiate. Thus, an uninitiated mage must pay 13 karma, while an IG 5 mage must pay 28. This does not increase initiate grade or the cost of future initiations. As part of this process, the mage will lose any current traditionalist benefits, if appropriate, and gain any new ones they qualify for based on IG and tradition, as appropriate. They will no longer benefit from their current lodge, and their reagents will be out-of-tradition and thus count for only half, barring special circumstances. Fetishes, spells, foci and bound spirits (including Ally spirits) will remain. If there are any inconsistencies or questions about the process, contact a member of the ShadowHaven Council with your concerns.
- Note that this process does not require formal approval, though it should still be noted on your wiki page. This can only be performed during downtime, or with explicit GM approval.
- All PCs must have a fixer. You may create your own by following our Contact Rules or select an existing fixer.
Minimum Age of PCs
- ShadowHaven has minimum ages for PCs. With the exception of shifters, ShadowHaven PCs will have a minimum age of 18.
- The metahuman form of shifters will still be minimum age 18.
Submission Cool Down
- To prevent the ShadowHaven Chargen team from being overwhelmed, there is a 1 week waiting period between approvals of a player character. Once your character has been approved, we ask that you wait 1 week before submitting another character for review.
- We as a living community and leadership recognize that Shadowrun as a game and setting explores dark/mature themes. The ultimate bounds of what is acceptable will always be subjective based upon group and GM. In the case of our community, we strive for a standard that takes the setting material seriously and allows for the exploration of grittier themes while considering the comfort of the maximum amount of people.
- To this end, submitted characters may not solely be vehicles for the exploration of sexual themes. This includes character art. Of note, cropped versions of hardcore or softcore pornography remain unacceptable after cropping due to their "bedroom eyes" quality. Discretion lies with the ShadowHaven Chargen staff.
- Shifters by dint of what they are, will not be permitted either in backstory or play to explore/RP an intimate relationship with a metahuman. Cursory mention/RP of familial bonds/relationships with their own species is acceptable, but should never be sexualized in any manner. As always, discretion lies with the ShadowHaven Chargen staff. Note that this rule explicitly covers nagas, centaurs and sasquatchs as well.
Banned Organizations for PCs
- Player characters may not belong to any organization that seeks the mass-killing or genocide of any metatype, nationality, religion, the Awakened or the Emerged.
Lifestyle Location Advisement
- If your character's primary lifestyle is located outside of the city the mission takes place in and you lack a rail pass that is connected to the mission city, you will likely incur transportation fees and fatigue before runs, at GM discretion. The cost of a plane ticket between two cities is half the distance between the two cities in kilometers plus 100¥.
- Seattle is connected, via rail, to San Francisco.
Social Skills Advisement
The ShadowHaven Council has ruled to officially recommend, but not require, at least 4 Etiquette dice. Having low dice pools in Etiquette can lead to difficulties on runs. The Council will be unsympathetic if negative events happen in a run due to a low Etiquette dice pool.
Maintaining a Character
- On the ShadowHaven, characters shall remain playable after burning edge on most runs. This does not mean there is no hardship in a near-death experience, but players should be able to run with their character again with scars from their experience which are not overwhelming, should they choose to continue to run.
Gaining Positive Qualities and Buying Off Negative Qualities
- Players are allowed to purchase positive qualities and buy off negative qualities, outside of character generation. However, you must post in the quality purchasing thread.
- Most qualities do not need approval, you simply need to post that you bought it in the thread and a justification for why you bought it, but some do.
- Qualities that require approval are approved by members of the Thematics Team. They also have veto power over all quality purchases. Below are qualities that must be approved by members of the Thematics team, which is subject to expansion, or by a GM after a run:
- Made Man ("Run Faster" p. 148)
- Chosen Follower ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 35)
- Any Infected Quality ("Run Faster" p. 136-141)
- SURGE III, II, I ("Run Faster" p. 101, 103, 109, 111-123)
- Solid/Legendary Rep ("Run Faster" p. 149)
- Qualities that require approval are approved by members of the Thematics Team. They also have veto power over all quality purchases. Below are qualities that must be approved by members of the Thematics team, which is subject to expansion, or by a GM after a run:
- Training time for attributes, skills, martial arts and specializations will be removed.
- Due to removing training time, several qualities must change. See Altered Qualities below.
- Delivery time while in-play on a table remains unchanged. GMs are free to and encouraged to allow immediate or near-immediate purchases of items at or below 12 Availability, including illegal items, assuming the PCs are not under undue time pressure. GMs are free to truncate any other delivery time on their table as they deem fit.
- Delivery time while not in-play on a table is immediate. A successful or tied Availability test indicates that the player may add the item to their character’s sheet immediately for the appropriate cost. In the event that a character fails a test, they must wait twice the normal delivery time for that item before they may try again to acquire that item through the same vector. In this case, a vector is a particular PC rolling Negotiation against Availability to acquire an item (note, one cannot roll Negotiation to get gear for another PC outside of a run) or an NPC rolling their appropriate Gear Acquisition roll as outlined in our Contact Rules. For example, a character who wishes to acquire an item with a RAW delivery time of 2 days may roll their Negotiation themselves to acquire an item. If they fail, they may not attempt to roll for that item themselves again for 4 days. They may, however, still have an appropriate contact attempt to acquire it before that time. For these purposes, time is tracked in real time.
|RAW Delivery Times|
|Gear Cost||Cool down|
|Up to 100 nuyen||6 hours|
|101 nuyen to 1000 nuyen||24 hours|
|1001 nuyen to 10000 nuyen||2 days|
|10001 nuyen to 100000 nuyen||1 week|
|More than 100000 nuyen||1 month|
Initiations and Submersions
- Initiations remain linked to real-life passage of time, however, the timeframes shall differ from RAW. An Awakened character may initiate for the first time immediately after the completion first run, but not prior.
- This does not require a roll, and does not take any time, but costs the normal amount of karma.
- The second initiation for a full magician or mystic adept may not be undertaken until 6 real-life weeks have passed from the first initiation, requires no time or roll, and costs the usual amount of karma.
- Each additional initiation adds an additional 2 weeks to this timer. There is no upper cap on how long one must wait before initiating again. Other types of Awakened must wait half as long as Magicians and Mystic Adepts, but must still pay the normal karma cost.
- This means the formula for how long after your previous initiation you must wait in order to initiate again for mystic adepts and magicians is (4+2*(Current Initiate Grade)) weeks.
- For all other forms of Awakened, the formula is (2+1*(Current Initiate Grade)) weeks.
- Submersions, as per RAW, have no roll required, no time, and no cooldown.
- Characters who undertake a qualifying run for an ordeal within 1 week before or after an initiation or submersion may refund 10% of the cost (rounded down) of a single initiation or submersion. No other discounts on the karma cost initiations or submersions, regardless of source, are valid, and this discount may not be stacked multiple times.
- Karma discounts for ordeal runs (initiation/submersion) do not count against RVP. The discount is more than made up by the danger inherent in a solo run.
- Nine Paths of Enlightenment ("Street Grimoire" p. 140) , Asceticism ("Street Grimoire" p. 141), Familiar ("Street Grimoire" p. 142), Hermit ("Street Grimoire" p. 142), Sacrifice ("Street Grimoire" p. 142), and Thesis/Masterpiece ("Street Grimoire" p. 142) initiatory ordeals are banned.
- Metaplanar Quest ("Street Grimoire" p. 140) and Deed ("Street Grimoire" p. 141) require a run focused around them.
- Geas ("Street Grimoire" p. 142) requires explicit Thematics approval from the Thematics Head or one duly deputized by the current Thematics Head.
- Geas must also be noted on the PC’s wiki page in a separate section so GMs can easily interact with them.
Medical Needs and Downtime
- All health is restored at the end of a run, unless the GM tells you the run occurs in the same pocket universe as the previous run.
- Cyberware, bioware, geneware, and other augmentations requiring surgery or vat time are installed instantly, without the need for healing.
- If edge is used during downtime, it can be regained after the start of the next run. (That is, you start with the lost edge but start regaining it with normal rest in play.) At the end of a run, all edge is regained.
Character Development Points
- Contacts can be purchased and upgraded via CDP, a new system that encourages story driven character growth outside of core competencies. CDP (Character Development Points) are a new run reward separate from RVP. It can be used to upgrade knowledge skills and buy or upgrade contacts. It may not be used for any other purpose. GMs should feel free to suggest CDP expenditures to reflect lessons learned and contacts made during a run. Players can work together and contribute CDP to a public contact to globally boost that contact’s Connection Rating. For the purposes of awarding contacts on a run at GM discretion, the GM may convert RVP from the run rewards into CDP at an exchange rate of 1 RVP = 2 CDP. This may be used for Buying Contacts or Upgrading Contacts in accordance with the contact rules.
- Players will receive 2 CDP per run. This can be increased with Thematics approval for low payout (for example hooding) or failed runs.
- CDP can alternatively be spent on knowledge skills, at a rate equivalent to karma. While not required, it is considered tradition to spend some CDP on knowledge skills which reflect the runs your character has been on, showing things learned over their career.
Voluntary Resubmit Rules
- At any given time, a player may choose to resubmit an approved character for a respec or full rebuild. The resubmitted character must go through the approval process again. The character can keep run rewards from one previous run it was on, before the resubmit. It loses all other run rewards, initiations, metamagics, post-gen gear, etc. GMP invested into the character is not refunded. A character may be resubmitted as a prime-gen character should the player have an open prime slot.
Triggered Resubmit Rules
- Occasionally, the rules on ShadowHaven may change. This could be due to the release of a new book, recognition that a mechanic is problematic, or introduction of new house rules or a new ruling. When this happens, council may allow full or partial resubmits for some or all characters. A player may (or occasionally must) elect to resubmit a character. The resubmitted character must go through the approval process again. The character may keep *all* prior run rewards (whether they are karma, nuyen, constrained purchases of gear, contacts, etc.). All GMP invested into the character may be freely reassigned to the same character. GMP does not need to be spent at the time of the resubmit, but it may not be transferred to another character, player, or spent on non-character purchases (such as an additional or prime-gen character slot). A character may not be resubmitted using a different character generation scheme (normal or prime-gen).
- Any event which allows for Triggered Resubmits will be called out explicitly in the post. It will specify which characters are allowed or mandated to do so and any other constraints attached to the process.
Permitted Minor Changes
- Sometimes, purchases are made due to a misunderstanding of the mechanics behind it. Minor changes, such as requesting to change a Specialization out, or swap out a spell for a different spell, may be permitted. These are handled on a case by case basis. Please submit your request to the Topics for Discussion Thread for the Council to consider.
Houserules and Custom Mechanics
The following qualities are not permitted for characters to have:
- Apt Pupil ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 32)
- Archivist ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 32)
- Better to Be Feared than Loved ("Chrome Flesh" p. 54)
- Blood Crystal qualities ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 132) are restricted to NPCs only.
- Calcified Hide ("Dark Terrors" p. 157)
- Elemental Focus ("Hard Targets" p. 191)
- Friends in High Places ("Run Faster" p. 147)
- Groveler ("Kill Code" p. 96) shall not be permitted for use on the ShadowHaven in any capacity, in any universe, ever
- Human Lifespan ("The Complete Trog" p. 188) – having a human lifespan can be done for free as a fluff decision.
- Illusionist ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 37)
- Massive Network ("No Future" p. 177)
- Networker ("No Future" p. 177)
- Observant ("Street Lethal" p. 127) is assumed to be automatically possessed by all characters.
- Puppet Master ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 39)
- Revels in Murder ("Chrome Flesh" p. 56)
- Stalwart Ally ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 42)
- Team Player ("Kill Code" p. 97) see why below.
- Amnesia: Neural Deletion & Surface Loss ("Run Faster" p. 152)
- Borrowed Time ("Run Faster" p. 153)
- Code of Honor: Black Hat ("Kill Code" p. 99)
- Consummate Professional ("Assassin’s Primer" p. 17)
- Dead Emotion ("Chrome Flesh" p. 57)
- Dead SIN ("Better Than Bad" p. 162)
- Earther ("Run & Gun" p. 169)
- Echo Chamber ("Kill Code" p. 78)
- Every Man for Himself ("Street Lethal" p. 181)
- Escaped Custody ("Kill Code" p. 99)
- Hung Out to Dry ("Run Faster" p. 155)
- In Debt ("Run Faster" p. 156)
- Information Auctioneer ("Kill Code" p. 78)
- Lazy Fingers ("Kill Code" p. 79)
- Neoteny ("Run Faster" p. 121) – the negative metagenic quality Neoteny ("Run Faster" p. 121) has been banned for play on the Haven unless the character is a gnome. Any characters that have the Neoteny quality that are not gnomes and have been approved prior to October 16th, 2020 are grandfathered in and may keep the quality. As a note, gnome Neoteny does not make the gnome appear childlike.
- One of Them ("Chrome Flesh" p. 58)
- Pregnant ("Bullets & Bandages" p. 12)
- Resonant Burnout ("Kill Code" p. 99)
- So Jacked Up ("Chrome Flesh" p. 59)
- Stay Out of My Way ("Street Lethal" p. 127)
- Stolen Gear ("No Future" p. 177)
- This Is Your Last Chance ("Street Lethal" p. 127)
- Tough and Targeted ("Chrome Flesh" p. 59)
- Well, Actually... ("Kill Code" p. 79)
- 'Ware Intolerance ("Kill Code" p. 100)
- Wildcard Chimera ("Dark Terrors" p. 163-164)
Dedicated Qualities and Mystic Adepts
- Mystic adepts must select Sorcery as as an available skill group to take Dedicated Conjurer.
- Mystic adepts must select Conjuring as an available skill group to take Dedicated Spellslinger.
Banned Awakened Content
Everything involving Blood, Bug and Toxic Magic is restricted to NPCs.
The following qualities, spells and rituals are banned:
- Convert Blood to Ichor
- Convince ("Stolen Souls" p. 189)
- Dark Ally
- Growth ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 49)
- Inflict Disease
- Multiply Food ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 50)
- Pollution and Radiation spells
- Shape [Material] ("Street Grimoire" p. 118)
- Turn to Goo
- False Impression
Banned Alchemical Preps
- Lightning Blade ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 199)
Banned Adept Powers for Player Characters
- Plague Cloud
- Toxic Strike
- Pollution and Radiation damage in adept powers like Elemental Aura etc.
Banned Mentor Spirits for Player Characters
- Planar Entity
- Necro Magic ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 82)
- Draconic Tradition ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 76)
- Tarot ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 91)
- Hybrid Traditions ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 101)
- All Custom Traditions
- Paradigm Shift: Insect Shaman ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 43)
- Paradigm Shift: Toxic ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 44)
- Spirit Expansion: Shedim ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 44)
- Predator Feast ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 131)
- Soul Tether ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 131)
- Spiritual Sacrifice ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 131)
- Tarot Summoning ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 45)
- Quickening (Core Rulebook p. 326)
- Sacrifice ("Street Grimoire" p. 90)
- Geomancy ("Street Grimoire" p. 143)
- Fettering ("Street Grimoire" p. 192)
Banned Emerged Content
Banned Complex Forms
- The Host Emulator Complex Form ("Kill Code" p. 94) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- The Pinch Complex Form ("Kill Code" p. 95) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- The Resonance Cache Complex Form ("Kill Code" p..95) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- The Search History Complex Form ("Kill Code" p. 95) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- Dissonant streams, powers, echos, forms, and etc. shall be NPC only, including those from p. 132-134 of "Kill Code".
- The Draining Spike echo ("Kill Code" p. 101) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- Mind Over Machine echo (Core Rulebook p. 258) shall not be permitted – see MMRI ("Data Trails" p. 59) instead.
- Pharmaceutical Drug Grade ("Chrome Flesh" p. 190)
- Customizing Drugs ("Chrome Flesh" p. 190-192)
- Updated Raw Reagents ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 188)
- Refined Reagents Uses ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 188)
- Street Grimoire uses still allowed.
- Radical Reagent Uses ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 188)
- Street Grimoire uses still allowed.
- Spirit Leashing ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 182)
- Group Resources ("Data Trails" p. 43)
- The mechanics of the example groups on p. 35-43 in "Data Trails" are also not in use, see the Factions page for the rules in play on the Haven for those listed factions.
- All content relating to Submersion Groups, Tribes, and Flash Tribes from pages 106-117 of "Kill Code".
- Forcing another character to take chemicals with no penetration or power during combat is not allowed on the Haven (including by GMs).
Banned Matrix Actions
- Haywire ("Kill Code" p. 38) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven.
- Intervene ("Kill Code" p. 39) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven.
- Masquerade ("Kill Code" p. 39) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven.
The following items are not permitted for use:
- The Ares Firewatch "Bug Stomper" Custom Armor ("Street Lethal" p. 130) shall be banned from all use, including by GMs.
- Crucible ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 193)
- Drain Away ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 195)
- Laminate ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 196)
- Pheromone Detection ("Cutting Aces" p. 144)
- Renfield ("Hard Targets" p. 128)
- The MOS ("Kill Code" p. 58) shall not be permitted until it is evaluated in light of our custom deck rules.
- Fuchi Cyber-N Series ("Kill Code" p. 60) is banned.
- Fuchi Cyber-EX Series ("Kill Code" p. 60) is banned.
- The Co-Pilot line of programs ("Kill Code" p. 71) shall not be permitted for use on the Haven in any capacity due to a critical inability to understand what they were trying to do.
- Surplus and Refurbished PI-Tacs ("Kill Code" p. 73) are not permitted for use on the Haven by PCs.
- The "Mercury-Alpha" Battlefield Signal booster ("Kill Code" p. 74) shall not be permitted for use on ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- The Micro-Dish Transmitter ("Kill Code" p. 74) shall not be permitted for use on ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- Hardened Mil-Spec Armor of any kind ("Run & Gun" p. 66) shall not permitted for use on the Haven by PCs.
- The Krime Calliope ("Krime Katalog" p. 19) is banned on ShadowHaven.
- The Krime Ripper ("Krime Katalog" p. 20) is banned on ShadowHaven.
- The Krime Carpet ("Krime Katalog" p. 21) is banned on ShadowHaven.
Banned Ammo & Grenades
- Zapper Rounds ("Kill Code" p. 48) shall not be permitted on the Haven in any capacity.
- Fuzzy rounds ("Kill Code" p. 50) shall not be permitted on the Haven in any capacity.
- E0-E0 rounds ("Kill Code" p. 51) shall not be permitted on the Haven in any capacity.
- COS Grenades ("Kill Code" p. 54) shall not be permitted on the Haven in any capacity.
- Douser grenades ("Kill Code" p. 55) shall not be permitted on the Haven in any capacity.
- DumDum grenades ("Kill Code" p. 56) shall not be permitted on the Haven in any capacity.
- MCT/Winchester-Howe Hornet Direct-Fire Mini-Grenades ("Street Lethal" p. 132) shall not be permitted on the ShadowHaven in any capacity.
- Painade ("Cutting Aces" p. 135)
- The Krime Crackle Fin-Stabilized HEAT Slugs ("Krime Katalog" p. 25) are banned on ShadowHaven.
- The Krime Splash Self-Defense Ammunition ("Krime Katalog" p. 26) is banned on ShadowHaven.
- The Krime Party ("Krime Katalog" p. 27) is banned on ShadowHaven.
- Horizon Little Buddy ("Rigger 5.0" p. 146)
- Medusa Extensions ("Cutting Aces" p. 147)
- Horizon Noizquito (\Rigger 5.0" p. 128)
Banned Vehicles & Vehicle Mods
- Chameleon Coating ("Stolen Souls" p. 184, 194) – we only use the Rigger 5 Chameleon Coating on ShadowHaven.
- Official Emergency Vehicle attribute modifier ("Stolen Souls" p. 187, 197)
- Smuggling Compartment (Dwarf, Human, Elf, or Ork) ("Stolen Souls" p. 186) – we only use the Rigger 5 smuggling compartments on ShadowHaven.
- Smuggling Compartment (Troll) ("Stolen Souls" p. 186) – we only use the Rigger 5 smuggling compartments on ShadowHaven.
- The Stoner-Ares M-22A1 Vehicle Mounted Heavy Machine Gun ("Street Lethal" p. 130) shall be banned from all use, including by GMs.
- Weapon Mounts (Core Rulebook o. 461) – we only use the Rigger 5 weapon mount rules on ShadowHaven.
- Yerz Kit ("The Complete Trog" p. 187) – use "Yerzed Out" ("Rigger 5.0" p. 171).
- Immunization ("Chrome Flesh" p. 164)
- All Gammaware grades
- All Omegaware grades
- One Shot Dart Gun (\Chrome Flesh" p. 91)
Banned Lifestyle Options
Hotel California ("Run Faster" p. 226)
Ban Reasoning FAQ
- Why is Team Player banned?
This quality was written under the assumption that Matrix actions cannot be teamworked. Notably, teamwork CAN be done with Matrix actions. Matrix actions may be teamworked given the following: 1) Everyone involved is inside the same host or on the same grid 2) Everyone has the required number of marks 3) Overwatch Score is applied to all participants based on the opposing hits 4) Only the leader gets the benefit
- Adept Healer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 31)
- Adept Healer does not function on drain damage.
- Damage transferred by this ability will count as drain, and as such, cannot be transferred by further instances of this power or healed by anything other than rest.
- Animal Familiar ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 31)
- Animal Familiar requires you to purchase the animal as normal, then perform the Animal Handling + Charisma [Social] (12, 1 week) test as outlined in Attune Animal, to function. If purchased at chargen, it is assumed you already succeeded this test.
- A familiar must be a mundane critter.
- Alchemical Bombmaker ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 31)
- Alchemical Bombmaker is limited to a number of increases in drain equal to your Alchemy skill rating divided by 4, rounded down: once at rating 4, twice at rating 8, three times at rating 12.
- Can only be used with combat spell preparations.
- Alchemical Armorer (Page 31, Forbidden Arcana" p. 31)
- Alchemical Armorer is required to learn the Alter Ballistics ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 51) preparation. You learn the Alter Ballistics preparation automatically for no additional karma upon learning the quality per RAW. It has no other effect other than providing you with the knowledge of how to make the preparation.
- Arcane Bodyguard ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 32)
- As per p. 48 of the Core Rules, "A Note on Rounding", round the dice you can use on yourself up.
- Arcane Improviser ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 32)
- Requires 4 spells (not preps) from each category, excluding rituals.
- Does not allow you to perform rituals you don't know, nor does it allow you to make preparations that you do not know, or fulfill requirements related to knowing spells.
- The 1/week limitation will be altered to 1/run for ease/simplicity of book-keeping.
- You must meet all the prerequisites to cast the spell, or otherwise be able to learn the spell (meaning no banned spells, and no spells that you wouldn't be able to take otherwise).
- Astral Bouncer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 32)
- This will only identify the following positive qualities: Home Ground (Astral Acclimation), Spirit Champion, Spirit Whisperer, Spirit Affinity, Mentor Spirit, Witness My Hate, Astral Chameleon, Elemental Focus, Focused Concentration, all Adept Ways, Magic Resistance, Arcane Arrester, Astral Hazing and all Mastery Qualities.
- This will only identity the following negative qualities: Astral beacon, Code of Honor: Harmony with Nature: The Shaman’s Code, Spirit Bane, Spirit Pariah, Reduced (Astral Sight).
- In addition to an Initiate Grade and Adept Powers, Astral Bouncer determines a certain Metamagic from an Initiate Grade, not an Initiate Power.
- Edge can not be determined.
- Physical and mental attributes can not be determined.
- It is up to GM discretion which aspects get revealed.
- AVRSE ("Kill Code" p. 76) shall apply a -4 penalty to all actions taken while in VR, regardless of location. VR is how you get your brain fried, chummer.
- Barehanded Adept ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 33)
- This will not work with a spell learned with the Adept Spell power.
- These spells will not work on yourself. Further, the target must be attacked.
- This will only work with touch combat spells and touch health spells tagged "Negative".
- Better on the Net ("Kill Code" p. 96) shall only be permitted for technomancers and only affect their living persona.
- Big Baby ("Kill Code" p. 77) shall function as written, except that the penalty is -1 to all actions and will always fade when you next would regain edge.
- Black Forest Native ("The Complete Trog" p. 188)
- You do not require this quality to be from the Black Forest.
- Brittle [Attribute] negative quality ("Kill Code" p. 99) shall only be permitted for technomancers and only affect their living persona.
- Chain Breaker ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 33)
- New spirit types are restricted to UMT spirits (Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Man, Beast, Guardian, Task, Plant, Guidance).
- Chosen Follower ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 35)
- The following options are removed from the list of benefits: "Learn two spells or rituals" & "Improve a magical active skill from rank 1 to rank 3."
- College Education ("Run Faster" p. 145)
- This quality is incompatible with the Uneducated quality (Core Rulebook p. 87).
- Corporate Loyalist (\Street Lethal" p. 128) shall be permitted only with a genuine Corporate Limited or Full SIN. Upon loss of the SIN, you lose the quality.
- Corporate Pariah ("Street Lethal" p. 129) shall be permitted, but only with a current (7 karma version) or past (10 karma version) corp SIN from an AAA corporation. Records on File is required for the 10 point version. It is not actually required for your character to have had the Corporate SINner negative quality, merely that they have had it in their fluff at some point in the past.
- Community Connection ("The Complete Trog" p. 188)
- Can only be taken by orks/trolls and metavariants of those.
- Cyber-Snob ("Chrome Flesh" p. 57) shall be altered to allow alphaware as the minimum grade so that it may be taken at chargen.
- The Data Hog negative quality ("Kill Code" p. 99) shall only be permitted for technomancers. Deckers are encouraged to examine "Wanted By GOD" instead, from "Data Trails".
- Death Dealer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 35)
- Note that the maximum bonus from this quality to melee damage is +1, regardless of the rating of the quality, as per RAW.
- Dedicated Conjurer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 33)
- New spirit types are restricted to UMT spirits (Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Man, Beast, Guardian, Task, Plant, Guidance).
- Some addictions are better suited with the Dependent quality, and thus we recommend its use instead for alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, video games etc. Speak to your Chargen Minion to see if the Dependents or Addiction quality applies.
- Discombobulated ("Kill Code" p. 77) shall instead apply a -2 penalty to all actions when acting outside of VR.
- Durable Preparations ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 36)
- Durable Preparations stacks with Practiced Alchemist ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 39), effectively changing the duration before a prep begins to degrade to (Potency x 6) hours.
- Elemental Master ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 36)
- Elemental Master will only work with the natural elements; Air, Earth, Fire or Water. Electricity is not a valid choice.
- Elemental Master does not apply to damage received from drain.
- Dual-Natured Defender ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 36)
- Dual-Natured Defender takes a free action to activate and a free action to deactivate.
- Dual-Natured Defender only functions on your innate dual-natured quality, such as that from being infected. Any other sources of dual-natured, such as channeling a spirit or being in an astral rift, are unaffected and do not qualify you for the quality.
- The duration of having this quality active rounds up to the next minute for purposes of determining how long it can be used for before losing magic, essentially making it so that it is always used in one-minute chunks.
- Rather than simply cease Astral Perception, Dual-Natured Defender will temporarily cause you to not count as a dual-natured being while active.
- Frostbite ("Kill Code" p. 78) shall only be permitted in abilities for which the character has at least 4 ranks. It also may not be applied to any skill in the Tasking group.
- Location Attunement ("Street Lethal" p. 128) shall be permitted. After a month, the quality's benefits are lost, not quality itself, negating the need to repurchase it.
- Hi-Rez ("Better Than Bad" p. 160)
- Does not permit a character possessing the quality to make a Matrix Perception test to detect hidden icons as a free action.
- Hold the Door ("Kill Code" p. 96) shall be permitted for use. It provides a stacking, cumulative +2 bonus to the Data Spike action when targeting Persona or IC. The bonus is gained upon filling a persona or IC's matrix condition with a Data Spike or Brute Force. This bonus is retained until the character takes a Simple or Complex Action other than Data Spike or until a Data Spike action is taken that does not fill the condition monitor of a Persona or IC.
- Instinctive Hack ("Better Than Bad" p. 160) shall be permitted for use on the ShadowHaven, however, the user may not gain any benefits from teamwork from either sprites or agents for this action. The user also does not get any free actions to shift deck attributes or swap programs before this action. It is made as a sudden reflexive action.
- Know Your Limit ("Kill Code" p. 99) shall only be permitted for technomancers.
- Missile Deflector ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 38)
- Missile Deflector requires a successful Missile Parry (Core Rulebook p. 310) interrupt, followed by the Counterstrike adept power ("Street Grimoire" p. 170) interrupt, for a total of -10 initiative to use. Rather than the normal effects of the Counterstrike adept power, when this ability is used, it will allow you to make a normal Simple Action thrown weapon attack against any valid target, with all appropriate modifiers, using the object you have caught.
- Nasty Trog (\The Complete Trog" p. 188)
- Can only be taken by orks/trolls and metavariants of those.
- Natural Hacker ("Kill Code" p. 97) shall only be permitted for technomancer characters.
- One With The Matrix ("Kill Code" p. 97) shall only exist at the 8 karma level. The 2 and 10 karma versions are not permitted for use on the Haven in any capacity.
- Pacifist Adept ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 39)
- The Notoriety restriction on Pacifist Adept is removed due to the possibility of gaining Notoriety via peaceful means such as refusing to do a job when you realize it involves murder or similar. Limits cannot be reduced below 1.
- Prototype Materials ("Better Than Bad" p. 160)
- This quality can only be taken once and does not require a run reward. It cannot be taken at character generation.
- Prototype Transhuman ("Chrome Flesh" p. 54)
- This quality may allow you to take Used bioware to represent an inefficient prototype.
- Geneware may NOT be placed inside of the free essence point.
- Redliner ("Chrome Flesh" p. 55)
- The penalty for Redliner will cap at 4 limbs considered.
- Resonant Discordance ("Better Than Bad" p. 161)
- Despite being a Mastery Quality, this does not require a Magic score. It may be taken by any technomancer who has submerged at least once, by paying the appropriate karma cost.
- Restricted Gear
- May not be used to get deltaware or milspec armor.
- Revenant Adept ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 40)
- If used, note the date used on your character’s wiki page along with a link to the run where it was used on.
- Revenant Adept works until it’s cleared all the damage that Regeneration can clear, you died or the run ends. This means that having one box of drain does not allow you to have Regeneration indefinitely.
- Revenant Adept does not take an action, even a reaction, to trigger. It can be used while unconscious or in physical overflow. This can be done in reaction to an attack and the user does not need to be aware, in character, to do this.
- Special Modifications ("Better Than Bad" p. 161) shall be permitted. It shall remain mundane only – only characters without a Magic or Resonance score may take the quality.
- This quality functions as written except with the following caveats: a character may shift the benefits of Special Modifications to a new weapon at the end of any given run, regardless of whether or not the weapon was lost or destroyed. When doing so, one may change the benefits granted by the quality freely, even without changing the weapon they are applied to. It does not require any payment of lifestyle or similar. If a character has any ranks, they may change the fluff of the weapon within relatively close reason without expending a "slot", but this cannot alter the concealability, apparent legality, or other mechanical attributes of the weapon. If a weapon does not deal elemental damage natively, it cannot be altered to deal elemental damage, however, if it does natively deal elemental damage of one type, one may spend one "slot" to change that type permanently to another type from the following list: electricity, acid, fire, water, cold. For spec mods specify that acid damage does not persist, applying damage and elemental effects for one round only. For simplicity, this does not alter the ammunition requirements. Hang a lampshade on it, if necessary. Disregard the entire last paragraph of the quality.
- This quality may be used to augment cyberweapons.
- When used to increase the AP of a weapon, Special Modifications does not count as base AP for purposes of the Bull’s Eye Burst called shot.
- Silence is Golden ("Kill Code" p. 77) functionally provides 2 noise reduction to all devices and personas within a 10 meter radius of the character with the quality.
- SINner (Core Rulebook p. 84)
- Instead of a tax on Nuyen earned, the SINner quality shall act as an increase to lifestyle costs, similar to Dependents (Core Rulebook p. 80).
- Spell Jammer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 40)
- Spell Jammer is not affected by Mana Barriers, but is affected by background counts.
- Spirit Hunter ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 40)
- Spirit Hunter will cancel any sustained powers and prevents the use of any active powers, with the exception of Materialization.
- Skinwalker ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 40)
- The pelt for a mundane creature will cost 50% of the price of purchasing the critter itself and has an availability equal to that of the critter. Prices and availabilities can be found at Animal Availability.
- Sloppy Code ("Kill Code" p. 79) applies to tests to defend against Matrix Perception when running silent, not to Stealth tests.
- Spectral Warden ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 40)
- Binding replaces summoning for the initial summoning tests made by a Spectral Warden, but they must bind the spirit immediately after summoning, the spirit cannot be used for any other purposes before they are bound.
- Sprawl Tamer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 41)
- Sprawl Tamer interacts additively with our existing house rules (it effectively adds another +1 modifier to the number of tricks a critter can learn).
- Sprawl Tamer may be taken by those without a Magic score.
- Sprite Combustion ("Kill Code" p. 99) shall only be permitted for technomancers with at least 6 combined ranks in Compiling and Registering.
- SURGE I, II and III ("Run Faster" p. 103)
- Each quality grants an amount of Metagentic Quality space (both positive and negative) equal to the cost of the quality (10, 15, and 30).
- The qualities are no longer random. You must select them.
- Some metagenetic qualities are limited to various levels, see below:
Positive metagenetic qualities limited to SURGE III: Arcane Arrester, Bone Spikes, Dermal Alteration (Granite Shell), Glamour, Magic Sense, Metagenetic Improvement (Attribute), Nasty Vibe, Shiva Arms
Positive metagenetic qualities limited to SURGE II or SURGE III: Dermal Alteration (Blubber, Rhino Hide), Elongated Limbs, Functional Tail (Balance, Paddle, Prehensile, Thagomizer), Proboscis, Thorns
Negative metagenetic qualities limited to SURGE III: Astral Hazing, Critter Spook, Third Eye
Negative metagenetic qualities limited to SURGE II or SURGE III: Bioluminescence, Cephalopod Skull, Feathers, Mood Hair, Scales, Vestigial Tail
- Taint of Dissonance ("Kill Code" p. 100) shall only be permitted for technomancers with at least 6 combined ranks in Compiling and Registering.
- Technical School Education ("Run Faster" p. 150)
- Incompatible with the Uneducated (Core Rulebook p. 87) quality.
- Trog Traitor ("The Complete Trog" p. 189)
- Can only be taken by orks/trolls and metavariants of those.
- Trust Fund ("Run Faster" p. 151) may be taken with a Corporate Limited SIN (Core Rulebook p. 84). Hard Luck and Trust Fund are incompatible.
- Uneducated (Core Rulebook p. 87)
- This quality is incompatible with the College Education ("Run Faster" p. 145) or the Technical School Education ("Run Faster" p. 150) qualities.
- Vexcraft ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 42)
- Suppress focus is a Simple Action and can be used from either the astral or physical, if you have line of sight on an active focus.
- Grounding focus is a Complex Action and can be used from either the astral or physical, but requires both the focus to be eligible to target and the owner to be eligible to target. This means you can only use this ability to damage a dual-natured or purely astral target, if you yourself are astral, for example.
- Counterspelling does not apply to the defense test, but power foci do, as does the force of any mana-barriers between the caster and the defender.
- Worship Leader ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 42)
- The GM has final say on if enough people can be gathered. Regarding group contacts, organized crime groups and gangs tend not to worship. One must have the Rank quality in any religious order.
Samurai Way Qualities
In order to qualify for a Samurai Way quality, the character must:
- Have strictly less than 3 essence
- Not already have 2 Samurai Ways
- Be Mundane, a Technomancer, an Explorer or an Aware
- WotS = Way Of The Samurai (4th edition book)
Bodyguard ("Way of the Samurai" p. 10)
- Prerequisites: CHA and INT must total at least 7, Pistols skill must be at least 3, Perception skill must be at least 3.
- Advantage: Characters with this quality receive a +2 die pool bonus to Perception checks and choose one of the following: either Ready Weapon or Take Aim may become a Free Action. (Mechanics Note: Free actions never reset recoil, only simple actions that are not shooting your gun.)
Merc ("Way of the Samurai" p. 10)
- Prerequisites: At least 4 ranks among the following skill groups: [Athletics, Close Combat, Firearms, Outdoors] OR 14 total ranks among any skills from the following skill groups and skills: [Athletics, Close Combat, Firearms, Outdoors, Pilot Groundcraft, Pilot Aircraft, Pilot Aerospace, Pilot Walker].
- Advantage: Choose one contact and one of the following types of merchandise [weapons, vehicles, armor]. Characters with this quality receive a 10% discount when buying the appropriate merchandise from that contact, and receive a +3 die pool modifier when negotiating to sell/fence those goods. In addition, characters with this quality only suffer a -1 penalty on Ranged Combat for Attacker Running, and increase by 1 any bonus they received on Ranged Defense tests for cover (Partial Cover provides a +3, Good Cover provides a +5).
Panzer ("Way of the Samurai" p. 10)
- Prerequisites: Must have a modified Body score (for damage soaking purposes) of 5 or higher. The character must have any two of the following implants: Dermal Plating, Orthoskin, Bone Density Augmentation, Bone Lacing (Plastic), Bone Lacing (Aluminum), Bone Lacing (Titanium) or one Cyberlimb with Armor.
- Advantage: Characters with this quality receive a +2 die pool modifier to resist fear and intimidation, including magically induced fear from spells or critter powers, or they may substitute their augmented Body attribute for Charisma when calculating their Intimidation dice pool. In addition, they may ignore two boxes of damage when calculating wound modifiers (which cannot be combined with the Pain Resistance adept power, Pain Editor bioware, or Damage Compensator bioware), or receive a +1 die pool modifier to Body when making Damage Resistance tests.
Razorboy ("Way of the Samurai" p. 10)
- Prerequisites: Must have any of the following implants: Cybereyes Basic System, Infrasonic Generator, Obvious Full Arm, Obvious Full Leg, Obvious Torso, Obvious Skull.
- Advantage: Characters with this quality may add +2 dice to Intimidation checks or +1 DV with Cyber Implant Weapons and Bio-Weapons (melee only for both). In addition, they receive a +1 rating modifier to any Street Knowledge skills they possess.
Ronin ("Way of the Samurai" p. 11)
- Prerequisites: Willpower and Intuition must total at least 7. Must maintain Street Cred equal to or greater than Notoriety.
- Advantage: Characters with this quality reduce the essence cost of cyberware or bioware (not geneware) by 10%. The character may not also discount that type of implant with Biocompatibility. In addition, they may choose one of the following: +1 DV with Blades, Clubs, Unarmed and Exotic Melee Weapons, or when they have a blade, club, unarmed weapon, or exotic melee weapon equipped and are not surprised, +2 to Reaction tests to defend themselves from combat, Indirect Combat spells and so forth. Reaction-linked skill tests, Initiative, and Surprise Tests are not affected by this quality. A Ronin must burn street cred to reduce Notoriety should the character’s Notoriety ever be higher than 1. This quality is incompatible with Bad Rep.
Sharpshooter (WotS) ("Way of the Samurai" p. 11)
- Prerequisites: Must have any two of the following implants: Smartlink, Vision Magnification, any Reflex Recorder for a ranged combat skill, Tremor Reducer, Attention Coprocessor, Laser Rangefinder.
- Advantage: Characters with this quality are not required to half their WIL when calculating how many Take Aim actions they may perform with a ranged weapon. This will most likely be commonly applied to Longarms, but it is applicable to any ranged weapon. Alternatively, the character can take a -2 reduction to all range category penalties. This quality also grants a +1 die pool bonus to Sneaking or a +1 die pool bonus single ranged weapon skill of the player’s choice. Additionally for each Take Aim action the character takes they receive a -1AP modifier on their next applicable shot against that target.
Street Ninja ("Way of the Samurai" p. 11)
- Prerequisites: Must have a Sneaking skill of at least 4. The character must have two of the following implants: Cybereyes Basic System, Cyber Implant Weapon, Enhanced Articulation, Synthacardium, Reflex Recorder (Sneaking), Radar Sensor.
- Advantage: In the first pass of any combat where you force your opponents to roll surprise tests, reduce the called shot penalty of any called shot to -4. Alternatively, you can take +3 dice to surprise tests. In addition, they gain either +1 dice to Sneaking tests or +1 dice to Throwing Weapons or a melee skill of the player's choice (Blades, Clubs, Exotic Melee Weapon, Unarmed). Additionally, you may take a -2/4/6 die pool penalty on your Surprise test to give all enemies a -1/2/3 die pool penalty. Multiple Street Ninjas may combine this penalty, but the penalty may never exceed -3.
Qualities affecting Training
- Dependents will remove all references to training time. All other impacts are in effect.
- The Sensei quality will have the following changes.
- If the Sensei is a skill sensei, the karma cost for increases in the selected skill will be reduced by 3.
- If the Sensei is a skill group sensei, the karma cost for increases individual skills in the group in the selected skill group will be reduced by 1.The whole group can be improved at a cost reduction of 3.
- If this reduced the cost for a new rank to zero, you may increase the skill to the rank instantly, for free. This applies even in cases where other qualities interact with this house rule.
- Sensei does not require a contact. The "Sensei" NPC may be a contact already on your sheet, but may also be a described but non-contact NPC. The quality does *not* grant a free contact.
- Day Job will follow the table below, increasing the karma cost for attributes, skills, martial arts and specializations.
|Day Job Karma Cost modifier|
|Day Job 1||1||1.5 (Every odd numbered increase is +2 instead of +1)||2|
|Day Job 2||2||2.5 (Every odd numbered increase is +3 instead of +2)||3|
|Day Job 3||3||3.5 (Every odd numbered increase is +4 instead of +3)||4|
Note on Kill Code Qualities
Except where noted, all Qualities listed from Page 96 to 100 of Kill Code shall be permitted for any matrix PC, not just technomancers. This also applies to the positive and negative qualities on Page 76 to 79 of Kill Code
- Wild summoning is the act of beckoning a wild spirit while in its domain in order to bargain with it. On the Shadowhaven this follows the rules in "Forbidden Arcana", with the following changes:
- The test for the first method of summoning has been changed to "This is an Opposed Test using Summoning + Magic [Magician's Magic] vs. the Wild Spirit’s Force, requiring a number of hits equal to (Half the Spirit’s Force)" [round up].
- Additionally, for the second method, the skill of Arcana is added to Con, Etiquette, Negotiation, Performance, and intimidation. [Arcana can use Logic or Charisma.]
- The maximum force for a wild spirit is 7.
- The Force cannot be chosen; you must find one’s domain first and then summon at that Force (for summoning with Magic + Summoning).
- For catching one’s attention you must find one present.
- As the cost isn’t from the Summoning, there is no drain, and Oversummoning Rules do not apply. The cost is instead in the bargain with the Wild Spirit (see below):
- Dealing with Wild Spirits ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 177).
- RAW: You exchange a service for a service. The table is provided on p. 178 of "Forbidden Arcana".
- Successfully dealing with the spirit gives you 1 service as if it were bound at the appropriate favor level.
- Types of Wild Spirits can be seen on p. 179-181 of "Forbidden Arcana".
- Dive Attack: +1 DV for every 10 meters, to a maximum of Force added DV. Note that the user of Dive Attack takes damage equal to the added DV, as noted elsewhere on these rules.
Cosmetic and Therapeutic Ware
- Purely "cosmetic or therapeutic" pieces of 'ware* (cyberware or bioware) cost no essence ever (and never have in-universe).
- At chargen, there is no nuyen cost for purely "cosmetic or therapeutic" pieces of 'ware*.
- After chargen, they will have their nuyen prices as listed in the books.
- When using any of these, your character is still recognizable as you – just you with cat ears or whatever.
- Healing time for between runs is assumed to be done before the next run starts (as is all other 'ware upgrades). Healing time during a run is handled as taking 0-3 physical and stun boxes (GM fiat based on how extensive the augmentation is), with surgery taking as much time as the GM says it does.
- Biosculpting to look less like an infected is an exception to the above and shall still cost essence (and nuyen if done during chargen).
"Cosmetic and therapeutic" pieces of 'ware* is defined as any piece of 'ware that has no mechanical benefit, exists solely to buy off negative qualities (the karma cost still needs to be paid) or are therapeutic (such as limb replacements).
Altered Awakened Content
- Comet ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 50)
- Comet does not ignore armor-specific elemental resistances (specifically, fire resistance).
- Altered Ballistics ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 51)
- Alter Ballistics can also be used on arrows & bolts as well as bullets, but not area of effect explosives such as rockets or grenades or other "ballistic" weapons such as darts, thrown weapons, or tasers.
- Alter Ballistics requires Alchemical Armorer to learn and can only be made into a preparation, not cast as a spell.
- Detox (Core Rulebook p. 288)
- Detox may be used on drug crashes. In such cases, the minimum Force is equal to the addiction rating.
- Powerblade and Manablade ("Hard Targets" p. 192)
- Spellblades will use the "Spellblade" skill specialization which may be applied to either Clubs or Blades (or both). Note the normal rules on skill specializations. Neither Powerblade nor Manablade will bypass armor entirely, however, they will both have AP equal to the hits on the Spellcasting test, not to exceed half the force. This is not a mechanical limit that can be bypassed by Pushing the Limit with edge or with reagents. This is subject to change at a future date, but will likely become more permissive, not less, if that occurs.
- Ritual of Change ("Street Grimoire" p. 136)
- Raising the force of an ally spirit costs 8 karma per Force increased, not 16 karma.
Touch Spells and Punching
- Until "Defiance Manifest" is released, one may only cast touch spells as a touch-only melee attack. Once "Defiance Manifest" comes out, this ruling will be reevaluated with new information. All magicians and mystic adepts currently using a combination of touch spells and unarmed attacks are offered a Triggered Resubmit.
- To determine dicepools for multi-casting, take the dice pool and divide pool for a given spell by the number of times splitting, round up. Thus, if you cast 3 spells, each with a pool of 18 normally, you'd get 6 dice each. If you cast 2 spells and one had a pool of 20, and the other a pool of 14, the first would cast with 10 dice and the second with 7.
Altered Adept Powers
- Activating an adept power creates an astral signature equal to 4 times the total power point cost of the power.
- Mystic Aptitude ("Better Than Bad" p. 159) shall be permitted on ShadowHaven. When used, it replaces, rather than augments, the attribute it affects. This means that it is not subject to augmented maximum, however, the final attribute score while this power is in use is not affected by any other augmentation or effect that would affect that attribute.
- Rapid Draw ("Street Grimoire" p. 173) does not permit a free action attack. Instead, it allows you to ready one weapon per pass without expending an action.
- Adept Spell ("Hard Targets" p. 190) may be taken on a Qi Focus. Once selected, the spell it grants access to may only be changed with the destruction of the focus by an NPC or with Thematics approval and the loss of the focus.
- State of Purity ("Better Than Bad" p. 160) shall be permitted for use on ShadowHaven. Change all references to "Combat Rounds" to "Combat Turns".
- Nerve Strike ("Street Grimoire" p. 173), when used with a weapon, considers the reach of the weapon itself to be 0. Remember that reach from yourself (troll, Elongated Limbs, etc.) still applies.
- Penetrating Strike ("Street Grimoire" p. 173) can interact with any Unarmed Weapon from Natural Weapons to melee cyberimplants. However, if the weapon has existing AP, Penetrating Strike acts as a replacement to that value instead of stacking.
Altered Mentor Spirits
- The Guanyin mentor spirit ("Better Than Bad" p. 139) shall be permitted for use on the Haven, but it must be included as a listed quality on your wiki, and the wiki page must be appropriately tagged with Template:Guanyin Caution at the top of the page. This quality’s downside will impact your ability to participate in runs.
- Regarding Oracle ("Street Grimoire" p. 200) – adepts, magicians, aspected magicians and mystic adepts following Oracle both may and must take the Divination art ("Street Grimoire" p. 147) and the Augury and Sortilege ritual ("Street Grimoire" p. 124) for the next initiation if they do not already possess it. Adepts and mystic adepts without the Magician's Way, as well as any aspected conjurers or aspected enchanters may still use the Augury and Sortilege ritual, completing the ritual with a straight Magic check (rolling their Magic attribute, only in D6) instead of Ritual Spellcasting + Magic, and interpreting the answer to the Question with an Arcana + Logic check. Mystic adepts who are not locked out of Sorcery and who are following the Magician’s Way and any magician or aspected sorcerer will use Ritual Spellcasting to complete the ritual as per the usual rules. As usual, the Augury and Sortilege ritual is highly dependent on factors that are not actually within the GM’s control, and I encourage you to be cautious even in the face of a seemingly definitive answer. The future is, after all, very tricky. If a character who does not have Ritual Spellcasting is no longer following Oracle, they may not make use of these rules in order to utilize Augury and Sortilege. They are only available to those who stick with Oracle’s Gifts.
- Ancestor Shamans ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 74)
- You receive the Channeling metamagic at Initiate Grade 5 instead of 2.
- Traditional Black Mage ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 60)
- You do not receive Animal Familiar for free.
- You do not receive Dark Ally for free.
- You do not receive Calling for free.
- "Personal Demons" spirts summoned do not automatically gain the Fear and the Natural Weaponry power. They still gain the Flight skill, and may still select Fear as an optional power if it is an available optional power for the spirit type.
- Traditionalist Traditions ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 60-91)
- If you take a traditionalist or other special path, it is a Paradigm Shift to leave said path. Your initiation count cannot "restart". If you missed the initiation for the level 1 gain, it is missed.
- Norse ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 68)
- Godi/Runemaster: Durable Preparations means that the time until Potency starts fading is changed to Potency x3 hours rather than the standard x2 and then an additional doubling. This does not stack with the Durable Preparations quality.
- Cunning Woman: Can only be taken by a magician, mystic adept or aspected spellcaster.
- The Berserker Temper power gained by traditionalist version of the Norse tradition is not in effect on Shadowhaven.
- Islamic Alchemist ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 70)
- The requirement to take Fixation as the first metamagic choice and Advanced Alchemy as the third metamagic choice shall remain unchanged. However, the second and fourth metamagic choices are no longer locked and may be used to select anything else that is appropriate (with the caveat that the second metamagic cannot be used to select Advanced Alchemy).
- Path Of Pariah ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 85)
- Pariahs are allowed to pick a drain stat out of Charisma, Intuition or Logic. For their second initiation, disregard the requirement to take the Opposition metamagic.
- Elder God Magic ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 78)
- Traditionalist is NPC-only.
- Planar Magic ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 87)
- Traditionalist is NPC-only.
- Romani ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 90)
- Only traditionalists are allowed on ShadowHaven.
- Harmonious Defense ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 46)
- Harmonious Defense does require the user to astrally perceive to be used. If you do not have an innate way to perceive astrally, you must take the Astral Perception adept power.
- Harmonious Reflection ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 46)
- Harmonious Reflection requires the user to be astrally perceiving similarly to the Reflect Spell metamagic.
- Noble Sacrifice ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 56)
- Must have line of sight to allies to work.
- For the purpose of Regeneration and other forms of magical healing, Noble Sacrifice counts as magical damage.
- Cleansing (Page 155, Street Grimoire)
- Once again affects an area (including for allies and enemies), as it did in previous editions. The size of the area is GM fiat.
- May be used by aspected conjurers (using Banishing in place of Counterspelling) and by aspected enchanters (using Disenchanting in place of Counterspelling). This only applies to aspected magicians (including enchanters), so mystic adepts who cannot use Sorcery still cannot make use of Cleansing.
Altered Mage Archetypes
- The Elementalist ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 43)
- Aspected magicians, full magicians and mystic adepts may be elementalists. You must choose to be an elementalist at chargen.
- Elementalists may reduce the drain for a spell they cast or for a spirit they summon by 3 up to Magic/2 (rounded up) times per day. This does not take an action.
- The Hedge Witch/Wizard ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 43)
- Aspected magicians, full magicians and mystic adepts may become hedge witches/wizards. You must choose to be a hedge witch/wizard at chargen.
- Hedge witches/wizards may reduce the drain for a spell they cast or for a spirit they summon by 3 up to Magic/2 (rounded up) times per day. This does not take an action.
- The Null Wizard ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 43)
- Aspected magicians, full magicians and mystic adepts may be null wizards. You must choose to be a null wizard at chargen.
- The Summoning skill will be added to the list of skills they cannot take.
- A null wizard receives the Spell Resistance adept power, at a rating equal to Initiate Grade.
- The Seer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 43)
- Aware, aspected magicians, full magicians, adepts (with Astral Perception) and mystic adepts (with Astral Perception) may be seers. You must chose to be a seer at chargen.
- The Apprentice ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 47)
- An apprentice can only select UMT spirits (Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Man, Beast, Guardian, Task, Plant, Guidance).
- An apprentice has access to Summoning, Binding, Disenchanting, Spellcasting, Ritual Spellcasting and Counterspelling. However, Summoning, Binding, Spellcasting and Ritual Spellcasting shall be restricted to their one spirit type and one spell type (unless the apprentice in question takes Chain Breaker, which works at normal).
- Apprentices have access to Assensing and Astral Combat.
- Mystic Adept Alterations ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 47)
- Mystic adepts must choose one of the three magical groups (Enchanting, Sorcery, Conjuring) which they will lose access to.
- Per Core page 69, mystic adepts do not gain the ability to astrally perceive without purchasing the adept power to do so. The table in "Forbidden Arcana" does not supersede this.
- The Explorer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 47)
- An explorer can take metamagics/enhancements/focused Awakened as an aspected magician.
- The Aware ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 49)
- An Aware can take metamagics/enhancements/focused Awakened as an aspected magician.
- Aspected Free Spells
- Aspected magicians shall be granted free spells, based on their priority selection.
|Priority||Aspected Sorcerers and Aspected Enchanters||Enchanters||Apprentices|
- Aspected Conjurers and Spirit Services
- Aspected conjurers receive +1 service from spirits whenever they successfully summon a spirit. This stacks with similar effects (such as the Boar mentor and Shaman Tuxedo).
Spell foci and spirit foci no longer have specific types (such as Combat, Spirit of Man, Fire Spirit, etc.); instead:
- Banishing foci apply to all Banishing tests.
- Binding foci apply to all Binding tests.
- Counterspelling foci apply to all spell defense and Dispelling tests.
- Ritual spellcasting foci apply to all Ritual Spellcasting tests.
- Spellcasting foci apply to all Spellcasting tests.
- Summoning foci apply to all Summoning tests.
Additionally, banishing foci are changed such that they give limit and dice equal to their rating, instead of just limit. Finally, bound spirits no longer receive a bonus equal to their summoner’s magic against Banishing, instead receiving a flat +4.
Mystic Adepts and Ways
- Mystic adepts will be held to the restrictions on their metamagics. This means that they can, by default, only take metamagics from the Undecided Way.
- In order to take metamagics outside of this, they must take another Way.
- In order to access metamagics such as Channeling or Centering, or any other "magician" metamagic, they will have to follow the Magician’s Way, which permits them to take any non-adept metamagic they qualify for.
- This precludes them from accessing any other way and has a barrier to entry (in the form of the cost of joining the Way.)
- Mentor’s Mask ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 182)
- The Mentor’s Mask will be visible while casting a spell, using an active adept power, or any other active use of magic. It will not be visible for having passive adept powers or for sustaining spells.
- Mystic adepts, if they take a mentor’s mask, get the type of mask bonus dependent on the bonus they receive from their mentor spirit (for example, if they took the adept bonus from their mentor spirit, they get the adept mask, and if they took the magician bonus from their mentor spirit, they get the magician mask). The negative effect of a mentor’s mask applies to all aspects of their magic usage (both their adept powers, and magician abilities).
- The choice to have a mentor’s mask is made when a character acquires a mentor spirit. If they later switch mentor spirits, they get to make the choice again. If, for any reason, they lose their mentor spirit, they no longer have the advantage, or disadvantage, of a mentor’s mask.
- You may obtain or remove your mentor’s mask by paying 20 karma without "losing" your mentor. (Effectively buying off the mentor, then buying it again.)
- There is no way to hide a mentor’s mask, there is no way to hide it.
- List of adept powers which trigger mentor's mask.
- Unwilling sapient living targets may not be possessed unless they are prepared vessels.
Spells Sustained by Spirits
- In order to pass off a spell to a spirit to be sustained, the spirit must be within line of sight and within Remote Service range. In order to continue sustaining a spell of any variety on their summoner or any other target, they must remain within remote service range of that target, however, line of sight is not an ongoing requirement.
Example: Awful Weight, a mage, just received a serious wound and retreats behind a brick building while his earth spirit and a street sam on his team engage an Ares company man. He could keep fighting, but the Increase Reflexes spell he is sustaining is taking its toll. In order to pass it off to his spirit, he orders it to disengage and move to behind the brick building. After the transaction is complete, he orders it to hide in a building a few blocks away.
Magical Lodge Background Count
- Mage lodges shall have no background count.
Clarification on Astral Signatures
- The following actions leave your astral signature behind:
- Casting a spell.
- Activating an alchemical preparation.
- Activating a focus.
- Using an adept or critter power.
- Summoning a spirit.
- The following actions explicitly do not leave your astral signature behind:
- Carrying a sustained spell away from where it was cast.
- Carrying a sustained effect from an alchemical preparation away from where it was activated.
- Using an active focus.
- Sustaining a critter power and moving away from where it was activated.
- Having an active adept power.
- The act of astral projection itself, as distinct from any powers that grant the ability to do so.
- The act of astral perception itself, as distinct from any powers that grant the ability to do so.
Rules on Summoning Above One’s Magic (Oversummoning)
- When summoning a Spirit of Force 7+, after resisting drain as normal take unresisted drain equal to (Force of spirit - your Magic) x 1.5.
- This counts as drain damage for all purposes, including for healing and recovery.
- Remember that only one edge may be spent per action, so you may either edge the summoning OR the drain resist (but not both).
- Characters with Dedicated Conjurer may add 1 to their Magic rating before interacting with the Oversummoning houserules.
Foci Power Limit
- The maximum rating of power and weapon foci is 7, for both players and GMs.
- The maximum rating for all other foci is 10, for players and GMs.
Ritual Spell Formulae
Ritual Spell Formulae will have the availability and cost of Combat Spell Formulae.
Creating a compound:
Creating a compound by a player is done as any other alchemical preparation: roll Alchemy + Magic [Force] vs. Force. Net hits become the potency of the magical compound. Drain is equal to Force + 1. Make a note as to the exact Force and potency of any magical compounds created. Advanced Alchemy is required. To buy the exotic ingredient for the compound pay the normal price and use the availability of the compound.
Buying a compound:
A player may buy magical compounds from their contacts instead of making them themselves. However, not all contacts can get the same quality of magical compounds. In order to determine the Potency and Force of the magical compound they can procure for you, add half of your loyalty with the contact (rounded up) to their connection, to a maximum of 6: any magical compound they procure for you will have that value for both potency and Force. Make a note as to the exact Force and potency of any magical compounds purchased.
Using a compound:
For more information, see p. 218-220 of "Street Grimoire", with the following changes:
- Potency and Force are not reduced due to lost essence.
- The user does not suffer drain when using the compounds; the creator of the compound has already taken the drain.
- Active effects are not negated if the user has less magic than the force of the compound.
The following are unchanged:
- When using a magical compound that grants a power or spell, the user takes a -2 sustaining penalty.
- Aftereffects last for the entire original duration, as determined by potency (potency x10 minutes), even if the effect is dispelled early.
====Imbue and Attune Item Rituals===+
The second printing of "Street Grimoire" will be used to determine Force. Notably, instead of performing the ritual at Force = the dice the object has for resistance, roll the object’s Object Resistance first. Then you must perform the ritual at a Force equal to the number of hits the object got.
Altered Emerged Content
Known Complex Forms
- Technomancers at chargen shall have a limit of 2x RES known complex forms.
- Technomancers after chargen shall have no limit on number of known complex forms.
Altered Complex Forms
- The Bootleg Program Complex Form ("Kill Code" p. 94) shall be permitted for use on the Haven. The defending party may elect to not roll their defense, making the test unopposed.
- The Mirrored Persona Complex Form ("Kill Code" p. 95) shall be permitted on the Haven, but rather than the written text, it shall have Target: Self, Duration: Sustained, Fade Value: Level -2 and shall automatically negate the next failed defense test against a Matrix action other than Matrix Perception targeting the sustaining technomancer.
Altered Sprite Powers
- The Bodyguard Sprite Power ("Kill Code" p. 100) shall be permitted, but requires the sprite using it to be actively on the Matrix in the same "location" as you – the same grid or host. When used, it will stop a single Attack action targetting the compiling technomancer’s persona. The sprite must have 10 initiative on the clock, must have at least 1 task left and is irreparably destroyed with no chance of resistance. Activating this is not an action on the part of the technomancer and does not require awareness of the incoming attack IC.
- The Shield Sprite Power ("Kill Code" p. 100) shall be permitted, but the redirected damage is unresisted, and cannot be healed by any means. Additionally, the sprite must be of at least the same level as the effect causing the fading, if relevant.
- The Enhance optional sprite power ("Kill Code" p. 101) may be taken and used by any sprite who qualifies, not just companion sprites. It still uses tasks.
- The Archivist ("Kill Code" p. 103) paragon’s advantage shall give a +1 dice pool bonus and +1 limit bonus on Matrix Search actions, rather than the listed bonuses.
- The Daedalus ("Kill Code" p. 103) paragon’s advantage shall give +1 die on Hardware tests and +1 limit to Pilot [x-craft] skill tests – specifically, tests which roll an attribute and a Pilot skill together. It does not increase the limit for purposes other than the number of hits one can keep on these tests.
- The advantage granted by the IC paragon ("Kill Code" p. 104) shall not apply in any fashion against or in relation to IC.
Note on Paragons
A paragon’s favor may be lost in the course of a run. Typically, this shall be due to the written cause in each Paragon, though a GM has discretion for other, related things to cause loss of favor. If this occurs, it is lost until the end of the run, unless the GM wishes to offer and opportunity to regain it at their sole discretion. Favor is automatically regained at the start of the next run. While favor is lost, the technomancer loses the advantages offered by their paragon, but still suffers the disadvantages.
A technomancer may choose and change paragons freely during downtime, including "no paragon", but may not change them during a run. The sole exception is that if they follow no paragon, and have not for the entire run, they may gain one mid-run given 5 minutes alone in VR.
- Complex Form: Overdrive ("Kill Code" p. 90) shall be permitted, however, the final rating of any piece of cyberware shall be limited at one rating above the maximum normal, naturally installable rating, or at twice the current rating, whichever is lower. Thus, a set of Rating 2 or Rating 3 Wired Reflexes would be capped at Rating 4, while a set of Rating 1 Wired Reflexes would be capped at Rating 2.
- Complex Form LOTO ("Kill Code" p. 90) shall be permitted with the following modifications: LOTO can only target wireless on devices.
- Complex Form: Hyperthreading ("Kill Code" p. 91) shall be permitted, however, one cannot thread the same complex form multiple times in the same hyperthread. All tests shall be resolved using the pre-hyper thread statistics. Most notably, this means that Diffusion of Matrix Attribute in a Hyperthread does not impact defenses against any complex form in that same Hyperthread.
- The RAW technoshaman daemon ("Kill Code" p. 91) shall not be permitted. Instead, registering a sprite shall cost 2 hours less (to a minimum of 1).
- The Aegis echo ("Kill Code" p. 101) shall be permitted. The boxes are healed 24 hours after the most recent "Aegis" box was filled, and may not be healed by any other means.
- The Neural Synergy echo ("Kill Code" p. 101) shall be permitted on the Haven as-is, except that it shall be subject to the augmented maximum rules.
- The Predictive Analytics echo ("Kill Code" p. 101) shall be permitted on the Haven. It shall not stack with any other source of initiative dice.
- The Van Der Waals Effect echo ("Kill Code" p. 102) shall be permitted. Rather than as written, treat it as a Magnetic System (CF 84) implanted separately in each of the character’s limbs, as well as both front and back of their torso. The Mechanics Team would also like to remind people at this time that this is not what the Van Der Waals Effect is, does or resembles.
- The Will of the Resonance echo ("Kill Code" p. 102) shall be permitted on the ShadowHaven as-is, except that it shall additionally be subject to the augmented maximum rules.
The Fading for complex forms is -3 from the values printed in the Core Rulebook and in Data Trails. Thus, as examples, the correct fading for Puppeteer is L+1 and the correct Fading for Derezz is L-1. Both Chummer and Herolab have incorporated this errata. Fading values in any other book (e.g., Kill Code) are unchanged. Remember that, per RAW, fading can never be lower than 2.
There is also a priority table change (Core Rulebook p. 65) for technomancers, change the number of Complex Forms in each row as follows:
- Priority A: Increase from 5 complex forms to 7 complex forms.
- Priority B: Increase from 2 complex forms to 4 vomplex forms.
- Priority C: Increase from 1 complex forms to 3 complex forms.
In the Magic or Resonance column in the priority table (Core Rulebook p. 65) for technomancers, change the number and type of skills in each row as follows:
- Priority A: Change from "two Rating 5 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 5 skills from Resonance, Electronics or Cracking skill groups".
- Priority B: Change from ńtwo Rating 4 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 4 skills from Resonance, Electronics or Cracking skill groups".
- Priority C: Change from "none" to "three Rating 2 skills from Resonance, Electronics or Cracking skill groups".
The Cost for Submersions are 10+(Submersion Grade x 3) karma.
Altered Critter Powers
- Paralyzing Howl (Core Rulebook p. 399) shall have its text replaced with the following:
- Type: M
- Action: Complex
- Range: Special
- Duration: Special
- The critter makes a loud, magic-imbued howl or scream that can paralyze foes. It makes a Magic + Charisma test opposed by the Intuition + Willpower of anyone who can hear, reducing its number of hits by 1 for every (Magic) meters it is away from a victim. Each net hit imposes a -1 dice pool penalty to all actions for (Magic) minutes, paralyzing victims for the duration if this penalty exceeds their Willpower. This effect does not stack but replaces the effect of a previous attempt if more net hits are scored. Targets accumulate +2 dice to resist for every subsequent time they are exposed to this power within 24 hours. Sound-dampening effects add to the resist pool, including the rating of cyberware/equipment or hits scored on a sound-dampening spell. The scream is about as obvious as unsuppressed gunfire and can be picked up by audio or ultrasound sensors, though its effects do not propagate through electronic mediums.
- Essence Drain (Core Rulebook p. 396-397) Shall have the following line adjusted
- "A critter that drains Essence can pump their stolen life force into other attributes, including Magic, with a Simple Action. Every point of Essence spent may temporarily boost one Physical or Mental attribute, or Magic, by +1" is now "A critter that drains Essence can pump their stolen life force into other attributes, not including Magic or Edge, with a Simple Action. Every point of Essence spent may temporarily boost one Physical or Mental attribute by +1."
- Movement Power
- For living targets, the Movement Power shall add Force to or subtract Force from the Agility attributes for the sole purposes of determining movement rate, rather than serving as a multiplier or divisor. The minimum Agility score shall be 0, but even with a score of 0 for determining movement rate, a character shall be able to move at a walking rate of 1 meter and a running rate of 2 meters.
- The Movement Power does not function on vehicles.
- Additionally, the clause about "only functioning in terrain the creature controls" shall be stricken, allowing it to function without having to juggle interpretations of what your spirit controls.
Altered and Clarified Cyberware and Bioware
- The Bioware Tail ("Chrome Flesh" p. 115) shall follow the same mechanics as the cyberware ("Chrome Flesh" p. 82) tail.
- Striking Calluses ("Chrome Flesh" p. 121) will give their benefit to Natural Weaponry with a base Reach of at least 0. (For example, trolls get +1 Reach but if a troll had a bite attack, normally Reach -1, this would not benefit that).
- Skilljacks – essence becomes 0.1 regardless of rating. Currently it is 0.1 essence times rating. Cost goes to 1000 nuyen times rating. Currently it is 10x that amount.
- Skillwires – essence becomes 0.1 times rating. Current it is 0.2 essence times rating.
- Soft Nanite Systems include the nanites they support for free. In chummer, you may select the 'free' button when purchasing the initial nanites for your system.
- Hard Nanite Systems include Rating different configurations for free. In Chummer, you may select the 'free' button when purchasing the rating different nanites that your Hard Nanite System supports. Note that only one at a time is active. For example, if you have a Rating 3 Hard Nanohive, you may have it support Control Rig Booster, Anti-Rad, and Nanite Hunter nanites (but only one at a time).
- In either case, damage still degrades your active nanites. For every 3 boxes of physical damage you suffer degrade your active nanite systems by 1. Nanite Systems are considered fully replenished at the start of the next run.
Altered and Clarified Items
These items function differently or have added clarification than what is stated Rules As Written.
- Gas Mask shall count as a respirator at Rating 6 when active for purposes of resisting toxins, in addition to providing immunity to inhalation vector toxins while it still has air. Note that when resisting a toxin with multiple vectors, all applicable resistances apply.
- Ace of Diamonds gives a Concealability of -2, instead of the listed +2.
- Adapsin ("Chrome Flesh" p. 160) For simplicity’s sake, Adapsin will provide immediate essence reduction of already implanted 'ware. This will leave an essence hole, without true essence recovery. This is solely to save the step of "Yo, street doc, rip out all my 'ware and put it back in."
- Atomizer ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 193)
- An Atomizer has an Accuracy of 3, and Concealability of +0, uses the skill Exotic Weapon (Atomizer) with a range array of 0.1/0.25/0.5/1 meters. The Atomizer takes a Complex Action to reload, and requires a Simple Action to fire.
- The preparation used with an Atomizer will trigger on a valid target after firing (i.e., a living aura, similar to a contact prep).
- The Atomizer itself will function as the lynchpin for breaking sustained spells (i.e., if the Atomizer is broken, the spell will drop).
- An Atomizer cannot take accessories or modifications.
- Antenna Grill ("The Complete Trog" p. 184)
- Requires implanted cyberdeck/commlink or a living persona.
- Can only be taken by characters with tusks (orks, trolls, people with implanted tusks, etc.)
- AR Enhanced ("Cutting Aces" p. 138)
- Creation of your own is permitted only on-table at GM discretion and shall not be carried off the table on which they were created. AR Fashion can be assumed to be part of your lifestyle at the following levels, or may be paid for seperately at the listed prices. Casual is included in Low Lifestyle, Business in Medium Lifestyle, Formal in High Lifestyle, and Designer in Luxury Lifestyle.
- The Ares Armatus (Page 184, Hard Targets) uses the Exotic Ranged Weapon (Lasers) skill.
- The Aztechnology Blood Drinker Combat Axe ("Street Lethal" p. 130) shall be permitted as-is. It shall have a reach score of 0.
- The Barrens Special ("Street Lethal" p. 29)
- The Barrens Special shall be permitted, but will not have any alterations from the listed statblock. All uses of it should conform to the printed statblock.
- Blight ("Better Than Bad" p. 157-158)
- Vector: Contact, Injection, Speed: Special, Penetration: 0, Power: 12, Effect: A spirit hit exposed to this toxin must immediately make the toxin resistance test. If it fails, it immediately loses its Immunity to Normal Weapons for (12 - Spirit’s Force, min 1 hour).
- Chemical Glands ("Chrome Flesh" p. 112)
- Gradual Release has been banned.
- Permitted drugs for use in Chemical Glands are:
- All drugs in the Core Rulebook are permitted. BTLs, as noted below, are excepted.
- All drugs in Chrome Flesh, with the following exceptions, are permitted: Cereprax, Hurlg, K-10, Nightwatch, NoPaint, Sober Time and Soothsayer.
- No magical compounds, Awakened drugs, or BTLs.
- No contact vector only drugs.
- All drugs in "Boston Lockdown" are permitted, with the following exception: Numb.
- Permitted drugs for use in Chemical Glands are:
- Gradual Release has been banned.
- The Collapsible Scythe ("Hard Targets" p. 183) uses the Blades skill and falls under the "Polearms" specialization.
- Deepweed (Core Rulebook p. 411) shall have an addiction rating of 4 and an addiction threshold of 2.
- The Door Gunner tac-app ("Kill Code" p. 71) shall be permitted for use. The mounted weapon must have a Smartgun System (not a smartlink), be wireless on, and be a valid target for remote control. Since it can only be used for mounted weapons, the "necessary skill" is always Gunnery.
- The EVO/Yamatetsu Naval Technologies Rampart Portable Ballistic Emplacement ("Street Lethal" p. 130) shall be permitted with the following changes.
- Remove the "hardened" tag. This means when it is used as a ballistic shield, it applies +10 regular armor as an armor accessory, with no effects from Hardened Armor. The EVO/Yamatetsu Naval Technologies Rampart Portable Ballistic Emplacement shall not expand with sufficient force to harm anyone. While expanded, it has Structure 10, Armor 10, and is treated as being 10cm for the purposes of barrier rules. While deployed, this barrier can be used as good cover. If damaged enough to penetrate while deployed, it becomes useless while collapsed, and may not re-extend. While useless, it provides no armor bonus, but still uses the original armor value for the purpose of calculating encumbrance. It may be repaired with an Armorer + Logic [Mental] (12, 30 minutes) extended test, or by a contact with the same.
- Explosive Magazine ("Hard Targets" p. 180) When purchasing an Explosive Magazine you may purchase a grenade for free and add a note to it that it deals half damage.
- Flamethrowers can take internal smart guns and advanced safety systems.
- Fluid Motion Mace ("Street Lethal" p. 21)
- The Fluid Motion Mace shall disregard the penalties listed outside their statblock, for simplicity’s sake. This means that it has no minimum strength requirement to avoid penalties.
- Ghost Box ("Cutting Aces" p. 141)
- This does not function like the spell Trid Phantasm, it gives merely a sense of unease and a floater like affect in the eye. The most using this device will give is social modifiers.
- The GMC Armadillo comes with a single "pod" of your choice. Purchasing a new "pod" has no availability and costs 6K nuyen. Removing a pod takes a single complex action, and causes it to slide gently off the back. Attaching a new "pod" takes approximately 1 hour if untrained, or 15 minutes with ranks in automotive mechanic. It is largely assisted and requires only normal exertion.
- The Grey Mana Integration armor modification ("Better Than Bad" p. 156) shall be permitted on the Haven with the following changes:
- Rather than requiring a Chemical Seal for ratings 4 to 6, Ratings 4 to 6 may only be installed on armor that can take a chemical seal, and provide their benefits only when a theoretical equipped seal could be activated, that is to say, while wearing the entire suit of armor, including helmet. If not wearing the helmet, they provide the benefits of a Rating 3 system.
- When targeted by a beneficial or other targeted magical effect (including AoE), Grey Mana Integration opposes the spellcasting roll with its rating in dice, reducing the hits on the test as appropriate.
- Grey Mana does not penalize passive uses of magic (such as Improved Ability Negotiation) if the target is wearing it. Active uses of magic, such as Enthralling Performance, are still penalized.
- The penalties for Awakened wearing Grey Mana Integration and Grey Mana Tattoos apply any time a background count would penalize them. Treat it as a localized, stacking, inacclimacable background count.
- While Grey Mana Integration is obvious, they are not definitively identifiable without labwork. While a police or security officer who notices them may be suspicious, an Astral Perception Test is insufficient to arrest, only question.
- Grey Mana Tattoos ("Better Than Bad" p. 156) are permitted for use on ShadowHaven and follow the rules listed above. While Grey Mana Tattoos are obvious on the astral, they are not definitively identifiable without labwork. While a police or security officer who notices them may be suspicious, an Astral Perception Test is insufficient to arrest, only question.
- GreyWare ("Better Than Bad" p. 159) shall be permitted on the ShadowHaven. It shall be permitted for any cyberware, however, any cyberware that would not ordinarily be obvious becomes obvious (skin protrusions, vents, whatever you wish to fluff it as within reason), and no cyberware may have any wireless functionality to speak of. For example, a GreyWare smartlink can still provide a bonus to accuracy if you plug into your gun, however, it can never provide bonus dice. Any wireless bonuses are similarly denied, and a GreyWare implanted commlink is not going to be able to make commcalls... you be the judge of how useful that may be.
- The Horizon-Flynn Defense-com Commlink Weapons ("Street Lethal" p. 131) shall be permitted. It is a Perception + Intuition [Mental] (3) test to identify that these are weapons.
- Horn Compartment ("The Complete Trog" p. 185)
- In order to take this option one must have a horn.
- Krime Happiness ("Street Lethal" p. 38)
- The Krime Happiness shall be permitted, to mass jubilation. Thanks to patented Troll Tough™ belt technology, the belt cannot be cut during a runaway firing situation (unless the GM deems fit, such as if cutting it would be to your disadvantage), but after the first full combat turn of nonstop fire, one may drop it. This won't stop it from firing, but will render its fire ineffective at anything other than collateral damage (GM discretion.) It will continue to fire on its own at a rate of 1 complex full auto per combat turn until it runs out of ammo.
- The Krime Pack ("Street Lethal" p. 45) shall be permitted, except it acts as a rating 2 area jammer and has no effect on Device rating. If the noise created by the KRIME pack, modified by noise reduction, is greater than the device rating of an affected object, and it is capable of doing so, the audio on the device is overwritten and it begins screaming "KRIME!" at maximum allowable volume. The device otherwise functions as it would inside a normal jammer.
- Additionally, if tied to a glitched Krime Happiness, patented Troll Tough™ fibers will keep the Happiness tethered to your person until you manage to remove the backpack (3 complex actions) or it ceases firing. This is not likely to be a happy experience. As per the Krime Happiness, the Troll Tough™ fibers are mercurial and capricious and are only tough when a glitch or similar has occurred, and only for as long as the GM deems fit to inconvenience you.
- Krime Trollbow ("Street Lethal" p. 24)
- The Krime Trollbow shall use the stats from the book, correcting for the erroneous "reach" entry on the table for the ranged components. The stats are reproduced as follows.
- It will use Archery to fire, with an accuracy of 4, DV of (Rating + 2) physical, and AP of -(rating/4) for the ranged component.
- The melee component shall use the Blades skill, with an Accuracy of 3, a reach of 1, a DV of (Strength + 1) physical, and an AP of -1.
- The Krime Trollbow shall use the stats from the book, correcting for the erroneous "reach" entry on the table for the ranged components. The stats are reproduced as follows.
- The Krime Whammy ("Street Lethal" p. 40) shall act as listed, and additionally, shall be able to take a Complex Action in order to both fire the shotgun and swing the hammer at a single Barrier target with a single action, though both attacks are rolled and resolved separately. This may only be used against static barriers, a la Smashing Blow.
- Morrissey Alta ("Street Lethal" p. 32)
- The Morrissey Alta shall be Restricted, not Forbidden.
- The Narcoject Dazzler ("Street Lethal" p. 47) shall cap at a Blinding Glare for unprotected eyes, and shall never inflict blindness of any kind. It targets a cone centered on your last target shot at, or whoever you declare you are pointing your gun at if you did not shoot on your most recent action phase. The cone is 10 meters wide and 100 meters long. The penalty will apply to anyone within the cone looking at the dazzler, with line of sight, and not actively trying to avert their eyes. While within the cone, the only way to act against one bearing the Dazzler (or anyone broadly in their direction) is to suffer the glare penalties or to take the Blind Fire penalty.
- The Narcoject PEP ("Street Lethal" p. 44) shall be permitted, but it is a matter of official record that the explanation of "It shoots lasers to plasmatize your skin, then explodes that plasma" is marketing bullshit. How does it work? No clue, but not like that.
- Narcoject Trackstopper ("Street Lethal" p. 44)
- The Narcoject Trackstopper shall be permitted, but with some hefty changes. It will apply the listed agility penalty as RAW to any actions, using full body average for the purposes of incapacitation. Only the highest single penalty from a roll will apply, but that penalty will remain in place until all foam has been cleared from your body.
- In addition to allowing the foam to dissipate on its own, or using the special solvent, you may also attack the foam, which has 4 condition monitor boxes for each application you have successfully been struck by. Non-melee attacks will be considered penetrative for the purposes of the barrier rules. Even if your limbs are incapacitated by foam applications, you may still attack the foam with unarmed attacks, using an agility score of 1. This is likely to go poorly for you unless you are trained in unarmed, but c’wst la vie.
- Being incapacitated by the foam does not preclude defense tests, though it may well make Agile Defender less desirable.
- The ammo capacity is 6(m), with a full reload of 6 shots taking up about a third of the backpack mechanism. Despite allusions to it, a single shot may not be split across multiple targets.
- It can also be used to barricade doors or entries. A single application of foam can block off about one square meter, vertically, of hallway. If used against a swinging door, it will prevent that door from swinging into the foam, though bashing attacks against the door will strike the foam (and it's soak values) before carrying through into the door... assuming you're clever enough to turn the doorknob when you bash into it.
- Nemesis Arms Praetorian ("Cutting Aces" p. 134)
- Accuracy code should read 4(5), not 4(6).
- The Onotari HL-13 ("Street Lethal" p. 38) shall use Automatics rather than Firearms for its configuration roll.
- Osmium Mace ("The Complete Trog" p. 185)
- Normally requires two hands to wield, see here for penalties for one-handed use.
- In the event an osmium mace is made a weapon focus, your Charisma shall determine its variable stats in astral space.
- The Remote Cyberhand ("Rigger 5.0" p. 130) shall use the following stats when operating as a drone: Handling 5, Speed 1(G), Acceleration 1, Body 1, Armor 1, Pilot 2, Sensor 1.
- The Renraku Red Samurai Katana ("Street Lethal" p. 132) shall be permitted, however, PC possession shall incur the Wanted negative quality automatically, with a bounty of 50,000 nuyen. This may be bought off with 20 karma, 40,000 nuyen, or any combination thereof (2000 nuyen to 1 karma) combined with handing over the intact weapon. Discarding or breaking the weapon will cause you to retain the bounty until your death.
- The Shaman Tuxedo ("Cutting Aces" p. 143) shall be modified thusly
- The price will be modified to 16000 nuyen.
- The availability will be modified to 16.
- The Shaman Tuxedo must be something that makes your status as a mage extremely obvious, including your tradition.
- You must continue to wear the Shaman Tuxedo for as long as you have the summoned spirit. Removing any part of the Shaman Tuxedo while you have a currently summoned spirit summoned with the Shaman Tuxedo will cause them to instantly lose all remaining services.
- The Shaman Tuxedo only works for spirits appropriate for your tradition. Any spirits outside of your normal tradition are not an option, even if you have a quality like Chain Breaker which makes them an option for summoning (e.g., a hermetic mage may not have a Shaman Tuxedo to provide its bonus for task spirits).
- Snuff ("Chrome Flesh" p. 183) shall not provide Pain Resistance 1. Instead it gives High Pain Tolerance 1.
- Subliminal Subacoustics ("Cutting Aces" p. 146)
- Emotions that fit are GM discretion and their decision is final.
- Tailored Perfume/Cologne ("Cutting Aces" p. 143)
- The use of these are permitted, but only one application can be used effectively. If an additional, unique Tailored Perfumes/Colognes are applied while another is still active, all effects from all Tailored Perfumes/Colognes are negated. Additional applications of the same perfume or cologne do not have any effect.
- The Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine ("Gun H(e)aven 3" p. 32) shall use the Missions FAQ errata linked here.
- The Urban Explorer Daedalus ("Street Lethal" p. 47) cannot be worn with any other base armor. The parachute immediately fails if encumbered by any armor accessories.
- Vault of Ages ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 193)
- A Vault of Ages can hold (Rating x 2) preparations, each of which can have a maximum Force of (Rating x 2).
- Vaults of Ages have a maximum rating of 5.
- A Vault of Ages has the size dependent on rating, as defined by the following table:
|5||Minifridge/Safe (Vehicle Portable)|
- The Wuxing-Armstech PTL-02 ("Street Lethal" p. 133) shall be permitted, but note that it only functions underwater.
- Looper Rounds ("Kill Code" p. 49) shall be permitted, but rather than using the text written, refer to the following: Looper Rounds are available for 200 nuyen for every 10 rounds, and have an availability of 12R. When they strike a valid device – a sensor, a visual device, or an audio device – they loop the last five seconds over again for the next minute. They are programmed to account for things such as clocks, but crowds or complex changes of scene will reveal the deception. Physical examination of the device will note the round attached and direct Matrix examination with Matrix Perception will note the effects after they have run their course. In order to affect worn gear, a called shot at -6 is necessary. They have a maximum accuracy of 2, require 1 net hit to attach, deal no damage of any kind, and may not be used against any device paid for with essence.
- ArrowLink ("Kill Code" p. 52) shall be permitted. The existing types, cost and availability, and rules for attaching and removing the arrow or cord shall remain in place. However, instead of ignoring noise, the ArrowLink provides a direct connection through touchlink technology to the target struck. Targeting a device the size of a normal security camera requires a called shot at -4, while targeting anything meaningfully larger is resolved as a normal attack. Objects carried by a person or drone are permitted to use the defense test of the person or drone carrying them. They are available for Bows, Trollbows, Pistol Crossbows, and Light/Medium/Heavy Crossbows. In order to benefit from the direct connection, one must plug a device into the cord at the firer’s end and they can not provide any connection to a targeted device paid for by essence (devices on the firer’s end may be paid for with essence, if desired).
- Faceless ("Kill Code" p. 57) shall be permitted. Double the cost and availability of the base item (thus, it is Rating*4F and Rating*1000 nuyen). The modifications for Generic and Specific faces remain as written. It exists from rating 1 to 6. It applies the normal effects against any and all devices of a rating less than or equal to its own with no roll necessary, but does not function against devices paid for with Essence. Generic Face versions may function as plain Faceless, and Specific Face versions may function as Generic Face or Faceless. The Specific Face version may be changed with 10 minutes work by anyone with ranks in Computer or Software. As an additional note, these are subject to the Upgrade Rules for rating, as well as Base->Generic Face->Specific Face. This also means they can be purchased even when their availability is above 20, though the necessary rolls to do so must still be made.
- Booster Clouds ("Kill Code" p. 57) shall be permitted. Rather than a spray can, they shall be an inhaler. They affect only one person for 3 combat turns. They are not affected by wind and must be triggered physically by the person benefiting from them. They do not stack with themselves (only the greatest bonus to a single action applies). Disregard the "Custom Case" entry.
- Booster Chips ("Kill Code" p. 59) shall be permitted. "Armor Defeating" will apply to Attack, "Slick WIlly" to Sleaze, "Data Dynamo" to Data Processing, and "Fortified" to Firewall. They have no impact on one's mental attributes. The damage is resisted with Body alone and is treated as Fading for the purposes of healing.
- Security Decks ("Kill Code" p. 61) shall be permitted as-is. Note that the Encryption program is not factored into the attribute array.
- The Shadow Warrior ("Kill Code" p. 62-63) shall be permitted as-is. Note that a bonus to the limit on Sleaze tests does not alter the actual Sleaze attribute.
- The EVO Sublime ("Kill Code" p. 62-63) shall be permitted. Disregard the requirement that it be implanted.
- The Destiny Blade ("Kill Code" p. 63) shall be permitted as-is. Note that +1 limit for tests using Cybercombat is not the same as +1 to Attack when using Cybercombat and should not be treated as such.
- The Kitbashed Sleeper ("Kill Code" p. 63) shall be permitted as-is. As usual for a technomancer using a device, they do not benefit from their living persona’s attributes, though they can still use Resonance actions per its rules. The number of irreparable Matrix boxes must be tracked on your character's wiki page after each run. The deck is still irreparably broken and unusable after it's natural condition monitor is filled by irreparable fading damage, so this is not a deck that is recommended without an acknowledgement of its ultimately consumable nature.
- Cry Wolf ("Kill Code" p. 65) shall be permitted. It shall cost the same as a normal Hacking Program and have the same availability, except that it is Forbidden. When someone running Cry Wolf would normally be struck by Convergence, they instead are alerted and Convergence will strike again in 1d6 combat turns. This second Convergence may not be averted with Cry Wolf. After Convergence is delayed, the Cry Wolf program is deleted irrevocably. Technomancers may take Cry Wolf as a Resonance Program echo. In their case, Cry Wolf is not deleted, but they are unable to benefit from its effects for 24 hours after it triggers.
- DataJack Plus ("Kill Code" p. 65) shall be permitted. It only functions when connected to a deck or RCC, it does not include any free programs and it cannot run an agent or Virtual Machine. Functionally, it increases the program slots of the deck by its rating.
- EARRS ("Kill Code" p. 66) shall be permitted, but the -10 penalty shall apply to all non-Matrix, non-Resonance actions.
- The MCT Biolink ("Kill Code" p. 67) shall be permitted. It provides DNI and a wireless connection as per a datajack, but has no capacity to direct connect to devices. It may be turned on and off as desired with a Complex Action.
- The Shiawase Cyber-6 RCC (KC 68) shall be permitted. Instead of it's normal special rules, refer to the following: while a rigger’s persona is running through this RCC in VR (whether jumped into a drone or not) any drones slaved to the RCC or jumped into by the rigger receive +2 initiative and +1 limit to all tasks. However, any dumpshock suffered by the rigger is increased by 4 damage before resistance.
- The SpinRad Global Skirmisher RCC ("Kill Code" p. 68) shall be permitted. It provides a +2 dice pool modifier and +1 limit to Gunnery and Perception tests performed by drones slaved to it and operating under their own Pilots.
- The Horizon Flow commlink ("Kill Code" p. 68) shall be permitted. It provides +2 limit and +1 die on any Matrix Search tests performed using the commlink.
- The Wuxing Frequency commlink ("Kill Code" p. 68) shall be permitted. Note that the rules for identifying technomancers are general rules, usable by anyone, and that the bonuses of the commlink only apply if the sole questions asked related to whether personas are actually technomancers.
- The Saeder-Krupp Last Chance Link ("Kill Code" p. 69) shall be permitted, Disregard irritation if worn by a PC.
- The Mobile CNC tac-app ("Kill Code" p. 72) shall be permitted for use. Rather than what is written, it provides 6 bonus dice, allocated as desired amongst people connected to the PI-Tac's network, for Navigation tests and Combat Maneuvers. It also provides 2 Noise Reduction.
- The Shield Wall tac-app ("Kill Code" p. 72) shall be permitted. Rather than what is written, it shall provide +3 firewall to any linked device for the purposes of defending against any Attack action or any matrix or resonance action that could cause Matrix Damage.
- The Tactical Program Dongle ("Kill Code" p. 72) shall be permitted. It provides an additional slot for a tac-app, and makes changing tac-apps a free action. It costs 200 nuyen. A PI-Tac may only have one dongle attached. I have no idea why this exists.
- The stat block for Gyrojet ammunition in the official errata for "Run & Gun" shall be ignored. The FN-AAL Gyrojet Pistol shall be allowed to use any type of ammunition, but it shall not be shareable between other classes of firearms (i.e., Gyrojet ammunition will not work in a Heavy Pistol, and vice versa). There are no changes to the stats or mechanics of the weapon itself.
- PPP Vitals cannot be used with "heavy armor", defined as base armors having Armor Rating 13 or more (like what’s described by the Hang Time adept power on p. 171 of "Street Grimoire"). It will stack with any base armor of Rating 12 or lower and explicitly does not stack with Armor Vest or Armor Jacket.
- PPP Arms/Legs/Vitals shall stack with Forearm Guards.
- Personal Drone Rack is permitted. You may mount 2 personal drone racks per CCOB. Mounted drones have no movement and do not have initiative and do not gain initiative until the pass after they're deployed from the rack. These do not take up capacity in the CCOB unit.
Players may buy burner sins and associated licenses at the same availability, but with 20% of the cost. These SINs expire after 1 week and may not leave the session they were bought in. They may have rating 1 through 6.
|Burner Fake SIN (Rating 1-6)||(Rating*3)F||Rating*500 nuyen|
|Burner Fake License (Rating 1-6)||(Rating*3)F||Rating*40 nuyen|
- The KRIME Vester ("Krime Katalog" p. 3) is Classified as a holdout pistol.
- The KRIME Heater ("Krime Katalog" p. 4) is classified as a Light Pistol.
- The KRIME Varmint Stocked pistol ("Krime Katalog" p. 5) is a Heavy pistol. It has -RC without the stock and 1 RC with the stock.
- The KRIME Chatter ("Krime Katalog" p. 6) is classified as a Machine Pistol.
- The KRIME Tradition ("Krime Katalog" p. 7) is classified as an SMG.
- Krime Saint Nicholas Carbine ("Krime Katalog" p. 8) is classified as a Carbine, the concealment of the weapon is changed to -2 if a character is wearing any armor or cloak with a concealment modifier.
- The AKM-97 ("Krime Katalog" p. 9), when used as a Carbine has its RC is changed to 0(1). When used as an Assault rifle, it has a RC of 1.
- The Krime Ditch Combination Gun’s ("Krime Katalog" p. 10) rifle component is a Sporting Rifle.
- The Krime Stopper-II ("Krime Katalog" p. 11) is classified as a Shotgun.
- The Krime Junior Carbine ("Krime Katalog" p. 12) is classified as a Carbine.
- The Krime Soldier ("Krime Katalog" p. 13) is classified as a Sniper Rifle.
- The Krime KAR-97-H ("Krime Katalog" p. 14) is classified as an LMG.
- The Krime Monster ("Krime Katalog" p. 15) is classified as an MMG.
- The Krime Confederate ("Krime Katalog" p. 15) has its Availability changed to 20F on ShadowHaven.
- The Krime T-Shirt Cannon ("Krime Katalog" p. 17) may be fired with Longarms, automatics or heavy weapons
- The Krime Escalation ("Krime Katalog" p. 18) is classified as a rocket launcher, fires rockets and you may perform Matrix Perception Tests with it.
- The Krime Penetrators Buckshot Shells ("Krime Katalog" p. 24) uses flechette rules.
- The Krime Runner ("Krime Katalog" p. 28) may not be equipped with a grenade.
- The Krime Barco De Pesca ("Krime Katalog" p. 38) has a speed attribute of 4.
Except where listed below, all Military/Future Weapons are banned in their entirety, with no player use permitted. GMs may make use of them with approval per our GM Rules, but players may not obtain/retain such items or use them outside the scope of the single run.
- The Aztechnology-Dassault Blood Hawk Mk 1 ("Street Lethal" p. 53) shall be GM use only. In the event of a hijacking by a player, it will bring a great deal of heat, culminating in precision orbital fire moments after cessation of movement. You can steal it if you’re tricky enough, but you can't keep it.
- The Vulcan Systems "Hotdrop" Rapid-Egress Jetpack System ("Street Lethal" p. 55) shall be permitted, but instead of using the existing statblock or vehicle rules at all, use the rules below.
- While wearing the Vulcan Systems "Hotdrop" Rapid-Egress Jetpack System, you may spend a complex action to move up to 50 meters in any direction, as long as you are attempting to both launch from and land on solid ground. Make a Freefall + Body [Physical] (3) test, and scatter from your intended target (3-hits)D6 meters. Direction is determined as usual. This action does not use up any of your own movement speed.
- Additionally, it may be used as a Free Action to arrest a fall of greater than 25 meters, negating all falling damage. You must be aware of your impending impact.
- In either case, you may only spend a single action to fire the Vulcan Systems "Hotdrop" Rapid-Egress Jetpack System per combat turn, and may not "combine" actions. You may move or arrest your fall, not both.
- Using it as a Complex Action takes on point of fuel, while using it as a Free Action takes two point. It has twenty points of fuel. Refueling it takes one uninterrupted minute to swap out the propane-tank sized fuel tank, but doesn’t require you to remove the Vulcan Systems "Hotdrop" Rapid-Egress Jetpack System.
- It cannot be used while encumbered, has no wireless functionality and is extremely loud and bright in use. Subtlety is not an option.
- On a glitch to activate the jetpack, the jetpack will fire, but the harness will fail, causing your jetpack to go flying without you. Hope you did not need that.
- On a critical glitch to activate the jetpack, the GM should roll scatter (or choose a direction). You move 50 meters in that direction at a great rate of knots. If you strike something that would stop you, take physical damage equal to the distance remaining to be traveled at AP-4. If you do not strike anything, you end up prone, but unhurt.
- The Vulcan Systems "Hotdrop" Rapid-Egress Jetpack System shall cost 50,000 nuyen and have an availability of 18F. Refuels shall cost 250 nuyen and have an availability of 16F.
- Maker Mags (Page 75, Street Lethal) shall be permitted, but cannot be used to make Depleted Uranium rounds, to reduce Thematics team migraines. The extended magazine is treated as the +2 concealability version from Hard Targets. Maker grenades shall not be permitted. It is worth noting that you may, as usual, purchase multiple of an item with a single availability roll, increasing the delivery time based on the total cost of the purchase.
Metahuman Adjustment on Vehicles
- The Haven will assume that PC vehicles are built for the PC’s metatype upon purchase. This overrides any RAW statements about the default configuration of a vehicle.
- In those rare cases where another PC has to take the wheel of someone else’s car and make a driving test, if the second PC is a different metatype, they will take penalties deemed appropriate by the GM. They will also take these penalties when driving a car awarded in play which is unmodified by the reward giver. (For example, if a troll gang gives a dwarf a motorcycle without modifying, that player takes the penalties.)
Cyberlimb Armor Limitations
- Cyberlimbs shall limit armor to 1 for hands and feet, 2 for partial limbs and partial skulls and 3 for full limbs and full skulls.
- In the case of modular cyberlimbs, only the section with the highest Armor applies.
- RCCs may run Rating Cyberprograms and in addition have Rating slots that must be split between Sharing Rating and Noise Reduction. Sharing slots may only run Autosofts and Cyberprogram slots may only run Cyberprograms.
Better Than Bad’s New Uses for Karma and Street Cred
The "New Uses for Karma and Street Cred" ("Better Than Bad" p. 164) are in effect, except where noted below.
- The rules for purchasing additional Loyalty and Connection with contacts are not in effect, superseded by our own Contact Rules.
- The uses for Reputation Score are not in effect, as Reputation Score is not a game concept that exists. If the writer’s intent was Faction Rep, as Mechanics Team suspects, this is also superseded by our own rules.
- Each time you take an addictive substance, you will immediately make an addiction test.
- For psychologically addicting drugs, the test will be Logic + Willpower +(11 - Drug’s Effective Addiction Rating)+(other modifiers).
- For physiologically addicting drugs, the test will be Body + Willpower +(11 - Drug’s Effective Addiction Rating)+(other modifiers).
- For drugs that are "Both", the test will be the worse of your two dice pools for the above.
- If you fail the test, you immediately suffer the effects of a failed addiction test. As it is not an action, you may not Smackdown the test.
- Only permanent bonuses to attributes such as those from infected, from ware (e.g. Cerebral Booster) or those from the quality Cyber-Sigularity Seeker can be used for the test. Temporary bonuses to attributes such as those from spells, drugs or ware that can be turned on and off cannot be used for the test.
BTL and Drug Stacking
- BTLs do not stack with drugs. They cause drug interactions like drugs and overdose like drugs.
- Drugs with the same name overlap (you cannot take Kamikaze twice to get twice the benefits). Drugs with different names stack (you can take Zen and Red Mescaline to get +2 Willpower before factoring in Narco). In either case overdose applies.
- Training Times on Critters are removed.
- Critters also have their own edge pool they may spend from via rules from the Core Rulebook p. 56.
- All animals are able to learn LOG x2 tricks, with domesticated animals able to learn Logic x3.
- Animals are considered to know 2 tricks at chargen.
- Techno-critters, being almost impossible to train, shall remain in use as NPCs only. While it's possible, but extremely difficult, to train a technocritter to the same degree as a normal animal, it is virtually impossible to train them to use any of their Resonance or Matrix abilities in any fashion, a fact GMs are encouraged to keep in mind when using these.
Animal lifestyle cost
Relating to the table See Here regarding animal Availability, you may raise the cost of your lifestyle by 10% per step your animal’s free maintenance is above your current lifestyle.
For example, if you have an animal requiring a Luxury lifestyle in a Medium lifestyle, raise the cost of your lifestyle by 20% to cover the cost of your animal.
Animal karma spend
A critter's owner may spend karma to do the following:
- Rebuy burnt points of edge, up to the critter’s starting edge.
- Buy off negative qualities.
Buy the following qualities:
- Astral Chameleon
- High Pain Tolerance
- Magic Resistance
- Natural Athlete
- Resistance to Pathogens/Toxins
- Tough as Nails
- Water Sprite
- Will To Live
Note that karma for these comes out of the owner’s available karma.
Melee Attacks and Immunity to Normal Weapons
- Immunity to Normal Weapons no longer counts as hardened armor, merely regular armor, against melee weapons or unarmed attacks.
One-Handing Two-Handed Weapons
- Characters, when one-handing two-handed weapons (defined below), will take penalties.
- Two-Handed Weapons:
- All Assault Cannons
- All Assault Rifles
- The following Blades:
- Combat Axe
- Collapsible Scythe
- Cougar Collapsible Spear
- Katana (Exception: takes -1 DV rather than -2 DV for one-handed use, other penalties as normal)
- Krime Bill
- Krime Reaver
- Renraku Red Samurai Katana (Exception: takes -1 DV rather than -2 DV for one-handed use, other penalties as normal)
- All Bows**
- All Carbines
- All Crossbows except for the Ranger Sliver Pistol Crossbow (though reloading still takes a free hand)
- The following Clubs:
- Fluid-Motion Mace
- Nemesis Arms Maul Stun Staff
- Osmium Mace
- Telescoping Staff
- The following Exotic Melee Weapons:
- Ash Arms Chainsaw
- Ash Arms Monofilament Chainsaw
- All Battering Rams**
- Monofilament Chainsaw
- The following Flamethrowers:
- Shiawase Arms Incinerator
- Shiawase Blazer
- All Grenade Launchers
- All Heavy Machine Guns**
- The following Laser Weapons:
- Ares Archon Heavy MP Laser
- All Light Machine Guns
- All Medium Machine Guns
- All Missile Launchers
- All shotguns
- All Sniper Rifles
- All Sporting Rifles
- All ranged weapons on this list, when wielded with one hand, suffer the following penalties:
- -2 die pool penalty unless you are a troll (in which case only a -1 die pool penalty).
- Considered to have already fired 6 bullets after recoil has been reset (see Progressive Recoil, Core Rulebook p. 175).
- All melee weapons on this list, when wielded with one hand, suffer the following penalties:
- -2 dice pool penalty unless you are a troll (in which case only a -1 dice pool penalty).
- -2 DV penalty EXCEPT for the Katana and the Renraku Red Samurai Katana, which only take a -1 DV penalty.
**Battering Rams, Bows, Heavy Machine Guns, and Sniper Rifles cannot be used one-handed, unless braced against something (GM fiat here).
Altered Matrix Actions
- Reckless Hacking ("Kill Code" p. 37) shall function as written, except that glitches and critical glitches function at the discretion of the GM (as usual), and any action which is performed while Recklessly Hacking builds Overwatch Score and is considered illegal, even if it normally would not. Reckless Hacking may only performed for opposed actions. A Reckless Data Processing or Firewall action, whether successful or not, alerts the owner of the device akin to a failed Attack action, though it does not grant a mark, cause any damage or give away your location. It may never substitute for ownership or for a number of marks greater than 3.
- Calibration ("Kill Code" p. 37) shall function as written, except that it will be a complex action. For clarity’s sake, "One per persona" means that you require a mark on the persona of each person you are attempting to perform the action on, you may perform it on a number of personas up to your data processing score, and their initiative (meat or Matrix) will increase by 1 point for every 2 full hits you receive on your test. The bonus initiative goes away at the end of the combat turn. Calibration and Leadership function similarly. A character can only benefit from a single source providing Calibration or Leadership tests in a given combat turn, and a character providing Calibration or Leadership tests may not benefit from any Calibration or Leadership tests.
- Denial of Service ("Kill Code" p. 37) shall function as follows: with a Simple Action, make a Cybercombat + Logic [Attack] vs. Willpower + Firewall opposed test, targetting a device you have at least one mark on. The net hits on this test are applied as a dice pool malus to any actions performed using that device until the start of the next combat turn. If performed multiple times on the same device, only the greatest penalty applies. This action is not subject to the normal rules about making multiple attacks. If you wish, you can spend two simple actions in the same Action Phase to perform it twice with your full dice pool, or spend a simple action to perform Denial of Service and another Simple Action to perform a different attack.
- I Am the Firewall ("Kill Code" p. 38) shall function as follows: as a Complex Action on your turn, perform a Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] test. The hits on this test are bonus dice on defense tests performed by all teammates from whom you are receiving an AR feed. The bonus dice last until the end of the next initiative pass, and apply to any physical defense tests. You may receive an AR feed from a number of teammates not exceeding your Data Processing attribute. You must share a feed with your decker. Under assumed competence, we will assume you are almost always sharing unless you state otherwise, as long as you have a device capable of giving an image feed. If you are not sharing a feed, to do so, use the Send Message action to send a decker your feed, which they can accept with no action. This requires some form of primary sensory input on their person, typically a camera (or cybereyes). You must have a primary sense link to receive the benefits. This can be accomplished with either image link, sound link or a sim module connected with a DNI. You may also perform this action as an interrupt action, costing 5 initiative and affecting only one teammate from whom you are receiving a feed for the same duration. Since this requires a conception of how the real world works, this action may not be undertaken by agents or sprites.
- Popup ("Kill Code" p. 39) shall function as written, except that the penalty shall apply until the end of the combat turn, and it may target any persona with some form of sensory enhancement, including Smartlink or DNI, which is not in VR. One must still be able to see the persona, which typically (but not always) requires wireless to be on.
- Squelch ("Kill Code" p. 39) shall function as written. It prevents all use of the Send Message Matrix action. It does not prohibit any other Matrix action.
- Subvert Infrastructure ("Kill Code" p. 39) shall function as written. The target of the matrix action is the host you have the mark on and to which the devices being controlled are slaved. Simple Devices are to be most non-drone, non-vehicle devices with a DR of 1, with GM discretion making the final call on any given device. A device controlled by Subvert Infrastructure will make a single action (Free, Simple or Complex) that it is capable of and that is not an attack per Combat Turn, as ordered by the person performing the action.
- Watchdog ("Kill Code" p. 40) shall function as written. The mark placed by this does flow up to the master of the device, however, the special option and effects of the Watchdog action against the target marked do not.
Altered Martial Arts
- Grasping Vines shall be accessible by the Cowboy Way and Whip Fighting in addition to the techniques already listed within these styles respectively.
- Mana Strike ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 102)
- Mundanes/magicians cannot use One Trick Pony to Mana Strike.
- Mana Choke ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 102)
- Mundanes/magicians cannot use One Trick Pony to Mana Choke.
- Requires you to have subdued your opponent.
- Damage is resisted as drain. Body + Willpower for adepts and mundanes, Willpower + Drain Attribute for magicians and mystic adepts. This damage cannot be healed by anything other than rest.
Other Altered Mechanics
Dive Attack ("Howling Shadows" p. 190)
- When taking the Dive Attack action, you also take damage equal to the number of meters fallen, as appropriate. This rule will apply to GMs as well.
- The Observant quality ("Street Lethal" p. 127) shall be assumed to be possessed by all characters, free of charge, changing observe in detail from a simple action to a Free Action. There is no need to notate this on your sheet. That's not a joke, we are serious. The game works better that way.
Direct Attacks with Launchers
- Direct attacks with launchers shall be permitted. In such cases, the defense test is resolved normally and the immediate target may not Run For Your Life. Nearby targets may Run for Your Life. Net hits do not add to the damage roll. Misses, scatter and glitches will follow the rules on p. 182 of the Core Rulebook.
- Command preparations may have their variables chosen at activation. All other preparations must have their variables chosen during the creation of the prep.
- Capsule rounds fired from a gun may not be used as alchemical preparations.
- Bloodhound IC ("Data Trails" p. 76) shall be a combination of Probe and Track IC. When it attempts to mark you treat it as if it were a Probe IC, so the roll is against Intuition + Firewall. After it has 2 marks it attempts to Trace, so the roll is against Willpower + Sleaze.
Exponential Diminishing Returns for Multiple Simultaneous Explosions
- The damage and AP from multiple simultaneous explosions is computed as per RAW except that the DV of explosions beyond the second are halved again for each additional explosion. So the first explosion causes full damage, the the next causes half, the following half again, etc. until you reach zero (note: round down). Each explosion improves the best AP by 1 for every additional explosion.
Hard Nanohive Restocking Cost
The cost to restock Hard Nanohives shall be ignored.
One may utilize any of their choice of Intuition or Reaction for non-knowledge tests relating to vehicles and drones that call for either. Their choice of Logic or Agility for non-knowledge tests relating to vehicles and drones that call for either, when one is in VR. This includes surprise and initiative. In the case of Agility, the rigger’s full-body Agility will be used.
Drone and Vehicle Modification
Unless otherwise noted, drones can only take drone mods and vehicles can only take vehicle mods (per "Rigger 5.0"). This does not supercede any mounts or other options drones may have by default, but does limit what you can add as a modification.
Drones may take select vehicle enhancements, based on their type and size.
Micro: Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Mini: Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Small: Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Medium: Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Oil Slick Sprayer (Groundcraft Only), Chameleon Coating Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Large: Gliding System, Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Oil Slick Sprayer (Groundcraft only), Ram Plate, Road Strip Ejector, Smoke Projector, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Huge: Gliding System, Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Oil Slick Sprayer (Groundcraft only), Ram Plate, Road Strip Ejector, Smoke Projector, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Anthro: Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Missile: Spoof Chips, Improved Economy, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Modification, Nanomaintenance System, Electromagnetic Shielding, Electronic Countermeasures, Signature Masking, Suncell, Touch Sensors, Vehicle Tag Eraser.
Riggers and Anthrodrones
Weapons held by rigged anthrodrones may benefit from Hot-Sim and Control Rig bonuses. Additionally, while rigged anthrodrones may use the rigger’s Logic or Agility.
Repairing Vehicle Damage and Vehicle Destruction
Repairing vehicles and drones will cost an amount based on the base price of the vehicle (before modifications), number of damaged boxes, and number of total boxes. The exact formula per box is as follows:
(5% of the Cost of the Vehicle before modifications)*(Number of filled boxes on the vehicle's physical condition track) / (Total number of boxes on the vehicle's physical damage track)
This means it will cost 5% to rebuild your drone/car after filling all boxes and totaling your vehicle. Your vehicle may be rebuilt if you can recover it. In some cases, a GM can rule a vehicle unrecoverable (lava, explosives, sinking to the bottom of the sea) in which can you can burn edge to recover your unrecoverable vehicle.
Resisting Mind Magic
Any PCs, as well as any non-Grunt NPCs the GM deems fit, shall be excepted from the normal penalty to resist ongoing Mental Manipulation spells. NPCs with a Professional Rating are always subject to the aforementioned penalties.
Health and Edge Between Runs
Your PC will fully recover health and edge between runs unless the GM tells you the run occurs in the same pocket universe as the previous run.
WFTM / WFTP
After a run, you may convert karma into Nuyen (Working for the Man), or vice versa (Working for the People) at a ratio of 2000¥ to 1 karma. This can be done up to 5 times per run. For example, your initial rewards for a run are 7 Karma and 10,000¥. You Work for the Man, converting 5 karma into 10,000¥, making your final rewards 2 Karma and 20,000¥.
In any case, you must document this in the paperwork channel on the Discord server. If you have a quality that taxes income, apply to tax to the initial amount you earn.
Burning Out as a Mage
Any character whose current Magic score reaches 0 is treated as burned out. They permanently lose access to all magical abilities, the ability to raise their magic score, and any other features deriving from Magic. This brings Magic in line with the Resonance. Any characters whose Magic score was 0 prior to January the 31th, 2018 are grandfathered and may still raise their Magic score, assuming their maximum Magic is above 0.
Optional Rules in Effect
- Mentor's mask ("Forbidden Arcana" p. 182). See clarification in the Altered Mechanics section.
- We use the optional Drone Modification rules ("Rigger 5.0" p. 122).
- Numinous perception is not a discrete sense – it is like unaugmented human smell. If you can detect the source of a successful numinous perception check (such as that wizard over there casting the spell) with another sense (such as sight), you may pinpoint the sensation to that wizard, knowing that he cast a spell. If you cannot detect the source of a numinous perception check with another sense, you merely get a sense of unease, that magic is afoot, but you cannot, for example, tell that there is an invisible man about to pull down your pants or that there is a sorceress casting acid spells at the wall three stories up. Only that magic is afoot.
The following is a description of initiative stacking lockouts. In any case where something states that it does not stack, it will not stack even if other sources state they do. In essence, if any source states it does not stack with something else affecting you, you do not get the benefit of the non-stacking source.
Edge to Seize the Initiative or Blitz will function with any other use of edge, even if that source states that it does not stack. It always works. Blitz, of course, does not permit you to roll more than 5D6 initiative dice. These also work on the astral and the Matrix.
The Seize effect from Adrenaline Surge will only function on the meat (and consequently AR matrix initiative.)
The initiative from Pain is Gain applies only to Matrix initiative.
The initiative from Lightning Reflexes will not stack with any drugs, adept powers, spells, cyberware, bioware, or generware. The defense die stacks normally. Lightning Reflexes will, uniquely, work on the astral, but not Matrix VR.
The initiative from Poor Self Control (Thrill-Seeker) will stack with all other sources.
The Increase Reflexes spell shall not stack with drugs, other spells, adept powers, cyberware, bioware,or geneware.
The Vampiric Speed spell shall not stack with drugs, other spells, adept powers, cyberware, bioware or geneware.
The Adrenaline Boost power shall stack with drugs, but not with spells, other adept powers, cyberware, bioware or geneware.
The Improved Reflexes power shall not stack with drugs, spells, other adept powers, cyberware, bioware or geneware.
The initiative bonus from Channeling shall not stack with drugs, spells, adept powers, cyberware, bioware or generware.
Wired Reflexes will stack with drugs, but not with spells, adept powers, other cyberware, bioware or geneware.
Move-by-Wire systems will not stack with drugs, spells, adept powers, other cyberware, bioware or geneware. The sole exception is Accelerator, which will stack with it normally. Note the downsides for Accelerator.
Synaptic Boosters will not stack with drugs, spells, adept powers, cyberware, other bioware or geneware. The sole exception is Accelerator, which will stack with it normally. Note the downsides for Accelerator.
Boosted Reflexes will stack with drugs. They will not stack with spells, adept powers, cyberware, other bioware or geneware.
Synaptic Acceleration will stack with drugs. It will not stack with spells, adept powers, cyberware, other bioware or geneware.
Reaction Optimization, the poor thing, will not stack with drugs, spells, adept powers, cyberware, other bioware or geneware.
As a reminder, drugs will not stack with themselves. However, you can receive a benefit to the same attribute multiple times, as long as it is from different drugs.
Predictive Analytics will not stack with any other source of initiative dice.
Astral initiative is not affected by any bonuses to initiative, except where explicitly stated.
Matrix VR initiative is not affected by any bonuses to initiative, except for those that reference biofeedback, Matrix initiative, hotsim or coldsim.
Matrix and Rigging AR initiative is treated as meat initiative. It does not benefit from things that specify matrix initiative, hotsim or coldsim.
Additional base dice, like those possessed by all shapeshifters and certain HMHVV Infected, are just that – base dice. They functionally stack with everything.
Called Shot Engine Block
- Called Shot Engine Block shall remain unbanned for the reason that it has no effect on most 6th World vehicles.
- The default is for players to choose their contacts from the already made public contacts. We additionally allow as an option to create and stat out your own contact. ShadowHaven uses a custom contact system you can read about here.
|Note: If you create your own contact, you can delay stating out the aspects. If the GM asks/lets you use it, the assumed dice pool is |
IRL Timers and Backdating
Things with IRL timers may now be backdated to their earliest possible qualifying date so that you cannot miss your timer. For example, if your Mundane PC has been in play for 6 months, but only taken 1 Mundane Ascension, you may take two more Ascensions (treating them as having been taken at their earliest possible date).
Buff to Adepts with No Augmentations
Physical adepts who maintain a non-variable 6 essence, and possess no augmentations with an essence cost, have their starting power points total increased to magic*1.5, rounded up. For clarity’s sake this disallows infected and prototype transhumans.
Houserule to the Vehicle Crashes
Crashing into a stationary object such as a wall or tree: The vehicle suffers damage equal to the armor and structure rating of the barrier added together, while the barrier suffers damage as if it were rammed, taking only half damage due to the uncoordinated nature. Passengers must soak the soak hits of the barrier, AP -6.
Rollover: A catchall term for a vehicle flipping, the vehicle suffers Speed*5 physical and is unusable if the GM rules it ends up on its roof or side until this can be righted. Players suffer speed*3 stun, and speed*3 physical at speed 5 and higher, capping at 15.
Spinout: All passengers receive 8 stun damage resisted with body+willpower, if the remaining damage is greater than their willpower, they are nauseated for 10-body minutes.
Bike Crash: A PC is allowed a speed+2 threshold gymnastics test to jump or roll-off, suffering Speed*2 stun, otherwise they suffer Speed*3 physical, AP-6. The test cannot be made if surprised. The bike itself suffers damage as another crash option.
In all cases, the vehicle’s speed is set to 0, and all vehicle mods that provide protection in some way still count in all cases.
- You cannot purchase items with availability above 19, unless it is upgradable (i.e., has a rating). The exception to this is:
- You cannot purchase Foci over Availability 19, even though they are otherwise upgradable and have a rating.
- Items beyond availability 19 may be obtained as run rewards with Thematics approval.
- The Awakened or Emerged may only gain a chance to purchase deltaware as a run reward for Semi-Prime or Prime runs.
- For mundane PCs, there are no restrictions on getting deltaware.
Acquiring Gear Up to Availability 12
Gear at or under Availability 12 can be purchased without rolling or paying a finder’s fee.
You can upgrade (paying only the difference in cost) anything that has a rating, as well as cyberdecks and rigger control consoles and any cyberware or bioware. You must still make the Availability roll for the upgrade.
When upgrading a SIN using our upgrade rules, one may also upgrade the licenses attached to that SIN without making an Availability test for each license. Only one test, for the base SIN, is required.
Items with capacity may have new things put into the capacity without needing to rebuy the item. If this changes the Availability of the item and/or it has its own Availability, roll against the highest new Availability. Notably this will extend to cyberlimbs and armor.
Refined Radical Reagents and Foci Made by Contacts
Refined radical reagents of various sources may be used to reduce the price of foci they are made into when using a contact.
Subcontracting Other PC Shadowrunners
Shadowhaven officially encourages players to work with their GMs to subcontract other runners. Creativity and GM approval is the limit to subcontracts. They can range from just hiring a decker to drekpost to hiring a full team to do a sub-mission. You hire a rigger to escape from a scene of a crime or a street sam for extreme exterior remodeling.
Misc. Lifestyle Rules
- Your lifestyle costs are due in full every 4 runs, rather than being tied to the passage of time.
- Optionally, you may choose to pay 25% of the full costs each run if you prefer.
- Of note is that Chummer may not calculate this correctly with modifications to the lifestyle cost, such as a DocWagon subscription, as by default setting it up to only pay 25% your lifestyle cost will only discount your base lifestyle.
- Optionally, you may choose to pay 25% of the full costs each run if you prefer.
- Runners may share residences but when it comes to lifestyle costs every runner must pay the full 100% of their lifestyle costs. Lifestyles are not simply just an apartment but they factor many other things into it as well from food, entertainment, and other essentials. So while we allow people to room with other runners you will receive no discount.
Traveler Lifestyle ("Run Faster" p. 218)
When you pay rent or at character generation, roll on the traveler lifestyle table traveler lifestyle table below to see what options your Traveler lifestyle gets. If you have an idea for this table, feel free to send it to Leadership.
SINner, Trust Fund Interactions
Trust Fund should only cover up to that amount on the table above for each lifestyle/metatype. Secondly, SINner taxes should not be covered by Trust Fund.
Downtime Registering and Binding
- Characters at the start of a run "during downtime" may attempt to Summon and then Bind one spirit of Force up to their Magic, rolling as normal.
- Characters at the start of a run "during downtime" may attempt to Compile and then Register one sprite of Level up to their Resonance, rolling as normal.
- In either case, drain or fading accrued is considered to be healed at the time the run starts.
- Binding or Registering during a run is conducted as normal.
- During downtime players may fill a single Vault of Ages with preparations of up to the maximum force that vault is capable of holding.
- Any further vaults filled may be filled with preps of (Magic) Force or lower.
- For the purposes of determining potency, remove the Force of the prep from your dice pool and then divide the remaining dice by 3, rounded down, with a minimum of 1.
- Drain accrued is considered to be healed at the time the run starts.
- Enchanting during a run is conducted as normal.
Mundane characters may undertake a story building ordeal much like Awakened/Emerged characters do. Ascensions have an eight week cooldown.
Make up to 5 selections (including multiple copies of the same). Each selection replaces 1 RVP normally gained from the run. Purchasing high Availability items falls under the purview of Thematics.
- 5 karma towards a skill, skill group or martial art.
- 20k nuyen towards non-ware. You may bank this across multiple ascensions.
- 6 karma towards qualities at post-gen price.
- 4 karma towards edge.
- 10k nuyen towards ware. You may bank this across multiple ascensions.
- +20 Faction Rep.
Mana Aspect Mechanic
Note that this mechanic is in playtesting. GMs may optionally use it on their table if they post a notice to that effect on the run post.
Mana Aspect Mechanic: an area may have mana aspected towards an emotion or tradition. Actions in opposition to the aspect receive a penalty equal to the Rating of the MA, actions unrelated to it are unaffected, and actions in concert with it receive a bonus. Those without a Magic rating suffer only half the penalty, and only if the total is above 5. They may always receive a benefit. Generally, this should be half of the equivalent background count. For areas void of mana, consider them aspected to "Not Doing Magic". Anything other than doing magic is considered unrelated to the aspect. Sustained spells of a force equal to or less than the rating of the Mana Aspect divided by 2 (rounded down) fizzle out.
Additional Prototype Materials
It was even harder getting cutting-edge prototypes from that corporate facility a second time, but you managed to do it twice now. Furthermore, you’ve applied your own creative brand of ingenuity to upgrade your custom weapon with the parts.
The quality Additional Prototype Materials can be taken after you have purchased the quality Prototype Materials. It allows you to further enhance the weapon you have applied the benefits of Secondary Special Modifications to. All rules for Special Modifications are in affect for these qualities.
Secondary Special Modifications
There might be one other like it, but both weapons are yours, and you’ve put just as much R&D into it as your other favorite toy. Other folks spend time polishing their spell slinging or expanding their other special skills, but you've got more faith in your gear than any fancy tricks others might use. Whether it was through some inspired mechanical genius or the unauthorized borrowing of some secret prototype, you have turned your other favorite weapon into the best jury-rigged version around.
The quality Secondary Special Modifications can be taken after you have purchased the quality Special Modifications. It allows you to enhance an additional weapon you have not applied the benefits of Special Modifications to. All rules for Special Modifications are in affect for these qualities.
Tailored Greyware is a higher grade version of Greyware.
The Brother's Grey Auction House, after the success of Greyware, have gone about improving on the selling points of their modified cyberware. Tailored Greyware is cheaper than deltaware, more readily available than betaware and costs less essence than betaware too. It's a cut above the regular Greyware, but still keeps the same sleek but old-school look (with some improvements); it uses as few off-the-shelf parts as possible and is custom tuned to the recipient in order to better integrate with their body.
- 1.7x the nuyen cost of standard grade cyberware.
- 0.65x the essence cost of standard grade cyberware.
- Adds 2 to the availability of the cyberware (for example, Availability 8 becomes 10).
- Not available at chargen.
- Otherwise follows the normal greyware rules.
Now you can bring a Possession Homonculus with you! Works with either a summoned or bound spirit of the same force from a possession tradition, these are essentially humanoid vessels for your spirits to possess and do stuff with.
Additional Rules: a homunculus cannot be modified from the original Force they were created at without destroying the homunculus (therefore upgrade rules do not apply). Additionally, a homunculus may only be possessed by a spirit with equal force to itself. Homunculi cannot wear armor. All homunculi need a roll to craft them, which can be done either by the player or a contact (contacts roll their active check + any relevant Aspects). All mental attributes are the same as that of the possessing spirit. Homunculi may not have a Force greater than 10.
- Cost: 2500 nuyen/Force, plus you or a contact must succeed in an Industrial Mechanic + Logic (Force, 1 week) [Mental] Extended Test. This requires a shop.
- BOD: F+6 AGI: F-1 REA: F-1 STR: F+6.
- Skills: As spirit.
- Powers: As spirit plus 8 Armor and Natural Weapon (Fists: (F+7)P DV, 0 AP).
- Cost: 1000 nuyen/Force, plus you or a contact must succeed in an Artisan + Intuition (Force, 1 week) [Mental] Extended Test.
- BOD: F+4 AGI: F-3 REA: F STR: F+4.
- Skills: As spirit.
- Powers: As spirit, plus 6 Armor and Natural Weapon (Fists: (F+5)P DV, 0 AP).
- Cost: 100 nuyen/Force, plus you or a contact must succeed in an Artisan + Intuition (Force, 1 day) [Mental] Extended Test.
- BOD: F+2 AGI: F+1 REA: F+1 STR: F+2.
- Skills: As spirit.
- Powers: As spirit.
- Weaknesses: Allergy (Fire, Severe).
- Notes: Gains +1 Reach.
Down Time Essence Drain
PCs with the Essence Loss weakness now lose 1 essence per 4 runs, with each use of an active power (as defined by the essence loss weakness) reducing that timer by one. Essence does not reset or go away after each run.
A PC may engage in 1 downtime essence drain attempt prior to a run, using the below system. This should be rolled in #dicerolling. Any edge used here does not refresh at the start of the run. After a successful downtime essence drain attempt, the PC gains 1D6 essence.
The target sets the threshold for the following tests. The base threshold is 3 for an "acceptable" target. This is a target who may not deserve to be essence drained, but isn’t a struggling single mother trying to provide for her young children. This incurs a cost of 1 karma. If the PC does not have the karma to pay for this, they may go into karma debt.
The following scale of targets may be selected:
- Deserving target. These are often significantly more capable than your average SINless, and may have powerful friends or benefactors. These have a threshold of 4 and no karma cost.
- Acceptable target. Still capable, but more often footsoldiers or lower-level types. These have a threshold of 3 and a 1 karma cost.
- Innocent target. These are innocent people just trying to live their lives. These have a threshold of 1 and a 3 karma cost.
After deciding the PC’s target, the following rolls are needed: a test to Approach the target, a test to Subdue the target, and a test to Get Away Clean.
Skills such as Sneaking, Con, Etiquette or Hacking are appropriate here. Thematics has the final say over what skills are appropriate. A failed approach test increases the threshold of following tests by 1.
Skills such as any Combat skill, Spellcasting or Summoning are appropriate here. Thematics has the final say over which skills are appropriate. A failed subdue test means no essence is gained, and the Wanted Clock advances by one segment. When using the off-table essence drain rules, assume your target has as much essence as the result of your die. You must always roll for addiction.
Get Away Clean:
Skills such as Sneaking, Con, Etiquette or Hacking are appropriate here. Thematics has the final say over which skills are appropriate. A failed attempt to Get Away Clean advances the Wanted Clock by one segment.
The Wanted Clock:
The Wanted Clock starts empty and has six segments. If it reaches six segments, it returns to empty and a consequence occurs. The first time this happens, the PC gains the Wanted (Infected Hunters) quality – a known vampire of their appearance is being actively hunted. If it happens again or the PC has the Wanted (Infected Hunters) quality from some other source, the PC begins their next run being ambushed by a group of hunters with an appropriate TL for the run in question.
If this would be disruptive to the run in question, the GM may elect to postpone the consequence. Please ping Thematics who will arrange a GM to run the encounter.
On a Run: On a run, the karma cost based on target still applies, but the rest (Approach/Subdue/Get Away/Wanted Clock) is at GM discretion.
Soul Swallower: Those with Soul Swallower gain 1D6+1 essence instead of 1D6.
A Comprehensive Overview of Unarmed and Pseudo-Unarmed Interactions
- No unarmed weapon can be used with dual weapon attacks and the paired implant weapon rules from the Missions houserules are not in effect, meaning only implants that specifically note a bonus effect from multiple purchases (such as bio-claws or striking caluses) gain any benefit.
- Striking Calluses, non-weapon cyberlimb strikes and Bone Augmentations alter your normal unarmed attacks and follow all rules thereof. Therefore they cannot be used with dual weapon attack, enchanted as weapon foci or used with abilities or powers that require weapons, such as elemental weapon. They can be used in any attack that works off an ordinary unarmed attack, such as kick attack (if the appropriate limb is cybernetic, in the case of cyberlimbs), or elemental strike, though note if an effect replaces damage the utility of the damage increases of these implants are generally lost. Striking calluses stack with cyberlimbs. Note that despite striking calluses going on specific limbs they are modifying your unarmed damage globally and not the damage with that specific limb.
- Implanted Melee Cyberweapons may be attuned and made into weapon foci and are an attack separate from your normal unarmed attacks, meaning effects that alter unarmed attack damage such as bone lacing do not apply, nor does elemental strike. However, Elemental Weapon can apply to cyberweapons that is a melee attack. You may kick attack with cyberweapons that are implanted in the leg that use unarmed.
- Bioweapons may not be attuned and made into weapon foci. They may benefit from effects that assist weapons (such as Elemental Weapon), or unarmed attacks, such as Elemental Strike, as long as the bioweapon is a melee weapon. You may kick attack with weapons implanted in the legs that use unarmed.
- Natural weapons: May not be made into weapon foci or attuned and are unaffected by effects that boost a ‘normal’ unarmed attack, such as bone lacing or striking caluses. You may elemental strike and perform other techniques that work with unarmed attacks using natural weapons, including kick attack if it is appropriate.
- Kick Boosters such as Satyr Legs work with any Strength-based attack located in the legs. Remember that you do not need kick attack to kick people, and that you are still limited to Augmax.
- Casting an indirect touch range Combat spell is a touch Unarmed attack (receiving the usual +2 dice pool bonus as well as succeeding on a tie) versus normal melee defense, followed by a Spellcasting + Magic test as appropriate for the spell as part of the same action. There is no defense test against the Spellcasting test, but you still receive normal damage resistance (soak) against the spell. Casting a touch spell of any other category is a touch Unarmed attack in the same fashion, followed by the normal Spellcasting + Magic test versus the spell’s appropriate resistance roll. Typically, a touch Unarmed attack is a Complex Action and thus the whole spellcasting is a Complex Action in the above cases. In cases where the GM has ruled that you already have contact, you may recklessly cast if you desire, but remember that you can only make one offensive action per action phase without splitting your pool through the Multiple Attacks Free Action.
- PPP Arms ("Run & Gun" p. 70) and Forearm Guards ("Run & Gun" p. 73) shall stack.
- Drone weapon mounts contain as much ammo as the base weapon does. Drone weapon mounts can be modified with Ammo Bins ("Rigger 5.0" p. 125).
- Multiple belt-fed ammunition bays ("Rigger 5.0." p. 24) may be installed into a single drone, each following the normal rules.
- Drone Racks
- A large drone rack can hold one of these:
- 1 Large
- 1 Medium
- 2 Small
- 4 Mini
- A medium drone rack can hold one of these:
- 1 Medium
- 1 Small
- 3 Mini
- Microdrone racks can still hold 10 microdrones, though the design is different enough that they aren’t compatible with holding other types of drones (or having microdrones fit into bigger racks).
- A large drone rack can hold one of these:
- Realistic Features may be used to make a drone or vehicle look like non-biological things, such as vending machines and groups of porta-potties, as appropriate.
- Drones can function as participants in Small Unit Tactics, however they do not gain the benefits themselves. They can acquire the Knowledge Soft, roll the software Rating and their Pilot Rating and teamwork as usual. They're also counted as a participant for the purposes of determining whether the maneuver has enough people to be pulled off. Actual numerical benefits aren't given to them.
- Vehicle Mounts
- Light Vehicle Weapon Mounts can hold as much ammo as the weapon.
- Standard can hold 250 rounds of ammunition.
- Heavy Weapon Mounts can hold 500 Belt-Fed rounds (only if the weapon can use Belt-Fed) or up to Body rockets.
- Forcing another character to take chemicals with no penetration or power during combat is not allowed on the Haven (including by GMs).
- It is the stance of ShadowHaven that, mechanically, drugs are not toxins and are not subject to immunity to toxins.
Centaur body is just the 4 legs for capacity.
Weapon Modification Clarifications
In order to benefit from a Stock slot modification, a weapon must be wielded in two hands. This can be done even with one handed weapons, such as SMGs.
Motorized Folding stock listed price is the same for the standard Simple Action stock. Activating the motor wirelessly is a Free Action.
- Melee and Thrown – melee and thrown weapons (except for grenades) may not take any modifications except for a grip modification, "Custom Look", "Overclocked", "Sling", "Tracker", "Weapon Commlink", " Plasteel/Ceramic Components" and "Weapon Personality". They can make use of holsters, if the weapon is appropriately sized. Grenades may not take any modifications whatsoever.
- Tasers – Tasers have access to the Top, Side and Internal slots by default. They are one-handed.
- Holdouts – Holdouts cannot take any modifications that require slots. They are one handed.
- Pistols – Light, Heavy, and Machine Pistols have access to Top, Barrel, Side and Internal slots by default. They are one-handed.
- Revolvers – in addition to the above, they may take ammo skip.
- Submachine Guns – SMGs have access to the Top, Side, Barrel, Stock and Internal slots by default. They are one-handed.
- Carbines, ARs, Sporting Rifles, Snipers, Shotguns, MGs – Carbines, Assault Rifles, Sporting Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns and all categories of Machine Guns have access to all slots by default. They are two-handed.
- ACs and Launchers – Assault Cannons, Grenade Launchers, Rocket Launchers and Missile Launchers have access to the Top, Side, Underbarrel, Stock and Internal slots by default. They are two-handed.
- Flamethrowers, including Flame Bracers, cannot take any modifications that require slots. They are two-handed.
- Crossbows – Light, Medium and Heavy crossbows have access to the Top, Side, Stock and Internal slots. They cannot take Electronic Firing. They are two-handed.
- The Ranger Sliver Pistol Crossbow has access to the Top, Side and Internal slots. It cannot take Electronic Firing. The Ranger Sliver Pistol Crossbow is one-handed and has a concealability modifier of +0.
- Bows – Bows, including the Krime Trollbow and the Dynamic Tension Bow, are obligate two-handed weapons. They cannot be fired in one hand by taking a penalty. The Krime Trollbow and Dynamic Tension Bow as well as Compound Bows can take an Internal Smartgun System and a grip modification, as well as a probably superfluous laser sight. Traditional bows can take a grip modification, a probably superfluous laser sight, and their own special breakdown system detail on p. 197 of "Hard Targets". Bows have access to top slots as well.
- The Winchester Airbow has the same slots as detailed in RAW. It is two-handed and has a concealability of +6.
- PEPS – the Narcoject PEP has the same slots as detailed in RAW. It is one-handed and has a concealability of +0.
- Excluded Individual Ranged Weapons – any weapon in the following list cannot take any modifications except for grips.
- Any weapon which has a paid essence or capacity cost, typically cyberweapons and bioweapons, are incapable of taking any modifications, grips included, except for those specifically called out in RAW.
- The Tiffani Elegance Shooting Bracers. They are treated as one-handed at concealability +0 for spotting it, though they retain the RAW modifier to discern the true function. They cannot benefit even from grips, but cannot be disarmed by called shots or similar effects.
- The SA Retiarus Net Gun (Basic and XL). They are treated as two-handed at concealability +6.
- The Mortimer of London "Trafalgar" Gun Cane and Knockoff Gun Cane. They are treated as one-handed.
- Bolas (Regular and Monofilament). Bolas are one-handed and have a concealability of +4. Additionally, bolas cannot take grips.
- Blowguns. Blowguns are one handed and have a concealability of +2.
- The Ares Giantslayer Slingshot. Slingshots are obligate two-handed weapons (you cannot take a penalty to wield them in one hand, due to their nature) with a concealability of +0.
- The Micro Flare Launcher. Micro Flare Launchers are typically one-handed weapons with a concealability of -2.
- The Modified Spray Pen and the Pepper Punch Pen may only take grips.
- Pistol-sized Individual Ranged Weapons – any weapon in the following list has access to the Top and Internal slots by default. They are one-handed and count as pistol-sized with a concealability of +0. Unless otherwise indicated, they cannot take Electronic Firing.
- The Parashield Dart Pistol, the Ares Redline Laser Pistol, the FN-AAL Gyrojet Pistol (in addition to the above, the Gyrojet pistol has access to the Barrel slot and Electronic Firing, but not Suppressors), The Narcoject Gas Gun, the Narcoject Trackstopper, the Narcoject Dazzler (this only applies to the standalone version, not the weapon modification version).
- Submachine Gun-sized Individual Ranged Weapons - Any weapon in the following list has access to the Top, Side, Stock, and Internal slots by default. They are one-handed and count as SMG-sized with a concealability of +4. Unless otherwise indicated, they cannot take Electronic Firing.
- The Ares Lancer MP Laser, Ares Screech Sonic Rifle, Grapple guns (regular and tactical).
- Carbine/Assault Rifle-sized Individual Ranged Weapons – any weapon in the following list has access to the Top, Side, Underbarrel, Stock, and Internal slots by default. They are two-handed and count as rifle-sized with a concealability of +6 Unless otherwise indicated, they cannot take Electronic Firing.
- The Ares S-III Super Squirt, the Fichetti Pain Inducer, the Aquadyne Shark-XS Harpoon Gun, the Standard Harpoon Gun, the Ares Armatus (Laser Shotgun).
- Sniper-sized Individual Ranged Weapons – any weapon in the following list has access to the Top, Side, Underbarrel, Stock, and Internal slots by default. They are two-handed and count as rifle-sized with a concealability of +8. Unless otherwise indicated, they cannot take Electronic Firing.
- The Parashield Dart Rifle, The Ares Archon Heavy MP Laser, the Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle.
- Weapons with multiple forms (i.e. HK XM30) share the Body, Stock, Top, Side and Grip slots across their forms. Those mods need to be added separately for each form, but only paid for once. Barrel and Magazine mods differ from form to form and need to be bought as normal.
Martial Arts techniques (including actions) may be taken twice to increase the benefit from 1 to 2 unless stated otherwise.
Internal Heating Armor Modification
The following custom Armor Modification shall be available for purchase:
- Internal Heating Rating 1-6
- Cost: 500 nuyen/Rating
- 1 Modification Slot/Rating
- Availability: 6
Description: Add up to 5 degrees + 5 degrees per Rating to the temperature your character is in to determine the effects of the Cold-Blooded Metagenetic Negative Quality. Requires Insulation of the same Rating to be effective.
At Rating 1 you'd have an effective +10C, and at Rating 6 an effective +35C.
- Q: When can I pick my first optional power after chargen?
- A: After your first run.
- Strain 1 infected cannot take State of Purity.
- An Ally Spirit has Materialization if you follow a Materialization tradition, Possession if you follow a possession tradition and Inhabitation if you follow an Inhabitation tradition.
- Ally Spirits with Materialization may be given additional materialized forms based on the spirits in your tradition (e.g. fire, water, earth, etc.)
- When channeling a spirit, the magician continues to use their own mental attributes and special attributes. If they choose to spend a service to give control of their body to the spirit, the spirit in control of their body will use its own mental attributes, and special attributes. In either case the spirit's initiative dice are used.
- A power focus bonded to the magician continues to work while the magician is in control.
- Q: The Guard critter power explicitly protects against drowning, RAW. Does this mean you can hold your breath forever underwater? Vampires under the effect can’t go dormant? Does it apply to cave-ins (should they occur in actual caves or something)?
- A: It’s about preventing accidents from occurring. Saving someone from drowning could easily be interpreted as, say, making a weight tied to your ankle slip off, or making it so you don’t fall off the boat when a wave hits. It’s not "You get to breathe underwater now".
- Q: Do [Element] Aura and Energy Aura critter power stack? IE: can one summon a spirit of air, give it Energy Aura (Electric) and then cast [Electric] Aura on it? What if the two elements/energies are different?
- A: Energy auras that overlap do not stack. The higher aura takes priority.
Spells have AP based on their force if described in the spell. Fire-based spells do not get AP other than that. [Element] Aura spells do not have AP.
Affects active uses of magic, but not passive uses of magic, when worn by someone you are targeting. Notably this will mean that Critical Strike, Killing Hands, Improved Ability (Skill) and so on are not affected by Grey Mana on targets, but Adept Accident, Adept Spell and similar are.
- Metahuman adaptation is meaningless on the Shadowhaven, please ignore any mentions of it.
- When using Cleansing, Cleansing applies to the cleansing character and any preparations used in the same BGC prepared by that character. When used by an enchanter, Disenchanting may substitute for Counterspelling in the Cleansing check.
- Orks and trolls are able to use their natural weapon (tusk) with +2 accuracy. Trolls able to use the natural weapons (horns) at +2 accuracy.
- Regeneration, regardless of source, doesn't push Prototype Transhuman ware out.
- Deltaware is not pushed out by regeneration.
Traveler Lifestyle Table
|Traveler Lifestyle Table|
|Die Result||Name||Location||Comforts and Necessities||Security||Neighborhood||Assets, Services and Outings|
|1||Crusher 495 Community Outreach Shelter||Redmond||2||2||2||Bat Cave (Sociology), Sports Court (Small, Basket Ball)|
|2||R@-Pack Hacker Den||Redmond||2||2||2||Global Grid Subscription (Ares), Global Grid Subscription (NeoNet),Global Grid Subscription (MCT), Local Grid Subscription (Seattle), Bat Cave (Computer Science), Bat Cave (Matrix Design)|
|3||Redmond Public Pool Supply Shack||Redmond||2||2||2||Swimming Pool|
|4||Redmond Public Pool Supply Shack||Redmond||2||2||2||Swimming Pool|
|5||YMAC, Puyallup||Puyallup||2||2||2||Swimming Pool, Gym, Sports Court (Small, Handball)|
|6||Underworld 93 Store Room||Puyallup||2||2||2||Patron of the Arts(Underworld 93)|
|7||The Fish & Chips Hole, Shadowrunner Hangout||Puyallup||2||2||2||Zen Den(Shadow Community, AROs of runners on the walls), Armory, Shooting Range, Local Bar Patron, Walk-In Freezer|
|8||The Fun Zone Arcade||Redmond||2||2||2||Zen Den(Arcades)|
|9||Ghoul gang (Lunatic Horrors of Afterlife) Sewer hidout||Redmond||2||2||2||Indoor Arboretum, Subsistence Hutning/Gathering Rating 2, Escape Tunnel Rating 1|
|10||Nuno Implants United Cleanrooms||Tacoma||3||2||2||Cleaning Service, Cleaning Serivce (Mage Sensitive), Cleaning Service (Pollution Sensitive)|
|11||Alan's Refurbished Flooring, Shadowrunner Hangout||Aurburn||3||2||2||Discreet Cleaning Service,Discreet Deliveryman|
|12||Recently abandoned factory||Tacoma||3||2||2||Yard|
|13||Radioshack||Renton||3||2||2||Merchandise: Goods (Radio Shack PCD-500)|
|14||Smuggling Tunnel||Puyallup||3||2||2||Private Room, Merchandise: Used Goods (Aztech Striker), Escape Tunnel Rating 4|
|15||Islander Motel||Outremer||4||2||2||Garage (Boat), Local Grid Subscription (Seattle), Merchandise: Goods (Mitsubushi Waveskipper), Merchandise: Goods (Kawasaki Manta Ray)|
|16||U-stor-it Climate Controlled Storage||Snohomish||4||2||2||Garage (Small Car)|
|17||Quick Rest Coffin Motel||Ork Underground||4||2||2||Indoor Arboretum, Local Grid Subscription (Seattle), Global Grid Subscription (Evo), Escape Tunnel (Rating 1)|
|18||Sailor's Heart Motel||Everett||4||2||2||Zen Den (Maritime culture), Global Grid Subscription (Wuxing)|
|19||Evergreen Ranch||Snohomish||2||3||2||Zen Den (Animal Husbandry)|
|20||Into The Shadows, Theme Restaurant and Motel||Downtown||2||2||4||Bat Cave (Secuirty Design), Shooting Range|
|21||Phase Shift Cybercafe and Motel||Downtown||2||3||2||Bat Cave (Matrix Law),Patron of the Arts(E-Gaming @ Phase Shift), Global Grid Subscription (Aztechnology), Global Grid Subscription (Ares),Global Grid Subscription (Horizon), Global Grid Subscription (Sader-Krupp),|
|23||Ballyhoo Family Campground||Renton||2||4||3|
|25||North Star Lodge||Auburn||3||4||2|
|26||Swiss Holiday Resort||Outremer||4||4||2|
|27||Harpers Ferry Guest House||Everett||3||2||3|
|28||LANcity Cybercafe and Motel||Auburn||2||2||3||Zen Den (Trid Games), Global Grid Subscription (MCT), Global Grid Subscription (Shiawase),Global Grid Subscription (Horizon), Global Grid Subscription (Sader-Krupp), Global Grid Subscription (Renraku)|
|29||Bywater Bed & Breakfast||Bellevue||3||2||3|
|30||Radisson Hotels & Resorts||Everett||2||3||3|
|31||Cousin's Country Inn||Fort Lewis||3||3||3|
|32||Higgins Beach Inn||Ork Underground||3||3||3|
|36||Back Ground Count Motel||Snohomish||4||4||3|
|37||Castamere Motel||Tacoma||4||4||3||Zen Den (Medieval Literature)|
|38||Whispering Pines Cottages||Auburn||2||2||4|
|39||Inn On Church Street||Bellevue||2||2||4|
|41||Huntington Country Inn||Fort Lewis||3||2||4|
|42||Hexagon House Bed & Breakfast||Outremer||4||3||4|
|45||Lucas Palace, Luxury hotel||Downtown||4||4||4||Manservant/Maid - Servant|
The development of these house rules benefited from discussions with and content generated by the staffs and members of EmeraldGrid, RunnerHub, Adem Koebel’s Mathsquad Community and ShadowNET. Further insight was gained by referring to the Shadowrun Missions rules.