|Social Chameleon Assassin|
|Master of Disguise|
|Somehow knows less about computers than your grandmother|
|D.O.B.||January 1st, 2053?|
|Priority||Metatype - D |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - E
Skills - B
Resources - C
An improperly deprogramed sleeper agent seeks answers to his origins. He has few clues aside from a mysterious fixer known only as Mr. Yesterday. With skills in deception, social camouflage, and sniping, he makes a potent assassin, a workable face, and a proficient street sam if need be. Just...try and make sure he doesn't slip into old Caleb while on a run. Things tend to get interesting fast when your calm, levelheaded sniper suddenly turns into a French janitor fretting over all the broken glass.
To discover who he really is (literally), and how does Mr. Yesterday fit into it?
Janus is confused. At night he remembers different names, places, people. Himself but not him. He has yet to meet himself, or perhaps he has but has yet to recognize it. They gave him orders, lies to become and lives to end until one day he found himself outside a teashop without really knowing why. Inside he found a man calling himself Mr. Yesterday. Mr. Yesterday gave me new papers, a pair of fake SINs and called me by a name I remembered. Gabriele Heller. Now I have to piece together where he ends and the lies begin. Who did I work for? What did they have me do? All I know is I can't leave someone behind. It's like something in my soul won't let me leave them behind. Janus will have his answers. I will take the mask off eventually. Until then...I don't know who I am, so I'll continue to live the lie. Sometimes someone else comes to the fore, a different lie or maybe my real self?
Narrative Significant Qualities
Bilingual: French and English
- For whatever reason, Janus can speak perfect French. It just comes to him naturally.
- It could be something he learned for a previous impersonation, or it could be a key to his true past.
- Janus has a lot of modifications in him, none of which he actually remembers having done to himself
- In spite of this, he has never felt or suffered overmuch from these many devices implanted in his body.
- It could be genetics, or simply the skills of the docs who implanted this chrome in him. Both are equally disquieting.
- Janus's reflexes are razor sharp, heightened by unknown training, magic, or something else he cannot say.
- Janus is unusually short and heavyset for an elf, with far more rounded ears than is usual.
- The added bulk of his muscle replacement adds to this effect.
- Comes with being an elf
Driven (To find out who I am)
- This is Janus's entire point. Why he runs the shadows.
- "Who am I?" is a constant reframe for Janus. Any hope of escaping that terrible question will be sought, consequences be damned.
- Janus has no idea who's face is really his.
- It's easier to pretend to be someone else as opposed to trying to be someone you don't know.
- The cause of all of Janus's woes and mystery. Flashes of previous missions or perhaps even his life dance behind his eyes
- Currently, he has the alarming habit of slipping back into his previous deep cover: mild mannered, introverted, human janitor Caleb Blanche.
- Caleb, consequentially, can only speak French, wouldn't hurt a fly, and has never broken a rule or law in his life.
No Man Left Behind
- Janus cannot, will not, abandon someone on a mission. He can't explain it but something just...won't let him.
- This is one of the few, genuine things Janus knows is from himself. A belief so precious, so dearly kept, so core to whoever he was it couldn't be blotted out. No matter how many times they papered over his soul with lies. This one thing shines through.
- All for one, and one for all.
Addiction (mild) Betel
- That's how it just be with Betel, damn corp candy.
Addiction (mild) Novacoke
- I swear I'm only taking it for its social stat increase! [Snorts more]
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Of Runners, Revelry and... Raccoons?||Edward||30 January 2084|
|Let's Maintain Integrity||Kaigen87||24 January 2084|
|À Longueur D'avance||Sarcarian||Two Steps Ahead||5 January 2084|
|Incorrect owners (retry)||Toaster tech||None||27 December 2083|
|Tale of Blood and Oak||Asmodeus||26 December 2083|
|Yacht do you want?||TidanShock||22 December 2083|
|Acquiring Squires||Edward||20 December 2083|
|Mr. Yesterday||6||1||Fixer||Enigmatic Information Broker||Enigmatic Manipulator, Military Intelligence, Cover Identity, Academic, Corporate Connections, Antiquarian, Crime Contacts, Police Contacts, Knows Where the Bodies Are Buried||Even|
|Alias||5||2||Gear||SIN Forger||SIN Forger, Police Contacts, Disguise Enthusiast, Hacker, Infiltrator, College Educated||Even|
|Bonesaw||4||1||Custom(A,G,K,N)||Street Doc||Street Doc, Combat Medic, Bioware, Cyberlimbs, Cyberware||Even|
|Beatrice Silva||1||1||Legwork||Grandmother||Hip with her grandkids, "I too worked in the Shadows."||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Janus has as many appearances as there are clouds in the sky. If viewed without his skintoner, smart wig, synthskin mask, and any other nonsense he constantly wears, one would see a sallow, bald, and pale elf with ears possessing only the slightest point to them.
Nondescript outfits, whatever best fits in. When on the streets, prefers to wear a custom-tailored Mortimer of London suit with a fashion gasmask and additional padding on the legs. He is never far from his squat, unassuming brief case.
Janus makes use of the default persona one is initially assigned when entering the matrix for the very first time. Needless to say, this makes him stick out more than any other possible Persona he could pick. He simply goes by the handle "Username". He doesn't spend much time on the matrix. Or around computers really.
None as of yet.
ShadowGrid Profile Comments