|Relentless Guts & Nitro Addict|
|Location||Seattle, Puyallup - The Crypt|
|Preferred Payment Method||Nuyen|
|Faction||West Coast Monolith|
Stealth & Subterfuge
Assensing Bolt feels bad to one's third eye. He's filled with negative emotions, substance abuse and foreign-looking ware. He's the de facto leader of the West Coast Monolith, a paramilitary assassination gang that wages a quiet war against other gangs that run protection money racketeering operations on the ghettos of Seattle. The WCM doesn't demand payment from neighborhoods and for most intents and purposes leaves the civilian populace alone, instead raiding gang supply caches and occasionally hiring themselves out as assassins during gang wars.
Bolt finds this a better retirement than cozying up on some beachfront property in Florida or growing senile in an old folks' home. He's no longer a badge, but he's still keeping civilians safe and putting bullets between the eyes of street scum. While he and the founder of his gang never saw eye to eye, he's a fierce and unrelenting leader that doesn't back down when things get rough. Some even say he's bloodthirsty, a mad dog, drugged up serial killer. Nobody ever said he can't be both bloodthirsty and a folk hero, however.
Not that most neighborhoods really even know the WCM exists. Their discreet modus operandi means their efforts often go unrecognized. Bolt was used to busting down doors and hitting opposition like K-E's sledgehammer tactics dictate, so he started off in unfamiliar territory with stealthy operations like the WCM's default. He has by now networked with a few sympathetic suppliers here and there and is more than happy to get some runners working with him to get more funding for the WCM. Despite Vichnozeleny dumping tens of thousands of nuyen into the gang while she lived, that funding runs dry without drug trafficking giving steady income like it does for other gangs.
Since he refuses to squeeze payment out of civilians, other sources must be considered. Shadowrunning is just fine for that, albeit risky.
Notes For A GM
- Consider him friendly for social checks if runners offer him one of his favorite drugs -- Guts or Nitro respectively.
- Bolt was one of the angriest Knight-Errant heavy assault troops during his career. He relies a lot on rules, nowadays those of his gang.
- He's an incredibly aggressive and uncompromising kind of leader, although he's learned to appreciate his late co-founder's subtler methods when the situation calls for it.
- His primary values are loyalty to one's group, avoiding civilian collateral and hatred of typical street trash thugs.
- Bolt likes wetwork jobs and will prefer sending people to do wetwork or hooding, but dislikes getting people on heists and corp sabotage jobs.
- All in all, consider him a drugged up vigilante ex-cop who loves murdering gangers, but hasn't given up on his law enforcement ideal of protecting bystanders. He hates organized crime with a passion. Don't point out his hypocrisy, though.
|Fixer's Fury||Bolt's psyche is off kilter from constant Guts and Nitro abuse. He has no fear. No. Fear. +2 on checks that involve getting runners out of nova hot situations.|
|HTR Harrier||As an HTR veteran himself, Bolt knows how to work with or against the grain. +2 on HTR-related activities.|
|Stealth & Subterfuge||Monolithians rely heavily on the element of surprise. +2 on procuring gear that permits sneaky things.|
|Knowledge Checks||2 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Active Checks||0 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Gear Acquisition Checks||6 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Networking Checks||10 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
Players with this Contact
Narrative Significant Runs
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Scale And Prophet||Asmodeus||The Arrival||27 January 2084|
|Blub Blub Blub||Doc Mnc||16 July 2083|