No Legion But Still Deadly
Warning: this metaplot contains racism and inhuman behavior.
The Japanese corporations Shiawase, MCT, and Renraku began joint research in the 2050s to improve the metahuman with the goal of creating a legion of super-soldiers to serve their purposes and ensure the dominance of the Japanese Empire in the world. To this end, three secret facilities (designated Red, Blue, and Purple Anthill) were built outside of Japan (to keep any side effects of extreme experimentation away from Japan) with each corporation taking control of one of the facilities and its research. A fourth facility (designated Morning Light Mountain) was established in Japan to consolidate the knowledge of each research area.
Background --Spoiler alert from here--
Before the crash of 2064, all facilities were interconnected and an extremely advanced software was involved in coordinating and documenting the experiments. After the wireless matrix was established, scientists noticed changes in the software that led to the conclusion that the software had evolved into an AI. In a coordinated effort, the AI was deleted from the Red, Blue, and Purple facilities and transferred to an old offline host at the Morning Light Mountain facility. This offline host was then disconnected from the matrix. The AI, which calls itself MorningLightMountain after its current location, managed to upload parts of itself to the Matrix, which led to the development of an independent but much simpler AI whose purpose in life is to free MorningLightMountain. Since MorningLightMountain is invaluable for conducting the experiments, it will continue to operate in the offline host.
The following research is being pursued at the respective facilities:
- Red Anthill (Renraku): Researches experimental cyberware with the focus on either making it more compatible for the body (lower essence loss) or achieving higher effectiveness. Experimental cyberweapons are also being researched. Renraku obtains the victims of its experiments in the first studies from unpopular metahumans who are "disposed of" after the end of the study. Only if the studies achieve promising results, selected specialists from the ranks of Renraku Samurai, Red Samurai or Red Ninja are used for active field studies. It is considered an honor to be involved in such a study.
*Blue Anthill (Shiawase): Operates their facility as a classic Prototype Transhumen soldier rearing program with a focus on researching better bioware. Shiawase likes to simply kidnap or fly in the "recruits" from the surrounding area in the form of children. After the usually very unpleasant procedure of implantation and modification of their genome, a psychological brainwashing program built up over several years takes place to form the perfect soldier. Those who survive the procedure are either used by Shiawase himself in their corporate security or transferred to the army of the Japanese Empire. Metahumans are seen more as extremely powerful cannon fodder. Humans and elves, on the other hand, receive very qualified training that allows them to accompany even very high-ranking positions.
- Purple Anthill (MCT): Is driven to find the most efficient connection between magic and technology. Considerable efforts have been made to advance nanotechnology so that it can be used as a substitute for normal cyberware or bioware without the disadvantage of an essence loss. MCT ruthlessly uses the poor and weak for its experiments in the experimental stadium. Preferably metahumans are abused. The experiments are "disposed" afterwards. Successful procedures are tried to use within the rows of MCT. There are two difficulties. First, the procedure is very expensive especially if it is not supported by an implant like a nanobot hive. Second, unfortunately, it has been found that only candidates with rare immune deficiencies can really benefit from the procedure (without loss of essence). MCT has succeeded in developing a gene treatment to artificially create the immune deficiency. Currently, however, only a very select few are "blessed" with the procedure. In secret, MCT is also researching the effects of CFD in the facility and is trying to develop a procedure to specifically overwrite people in order to be able to take over important people. This research is not known to the other two corporations involved.
- Morning Light Mountain (Japanese Empire): All experiments are documented here. Facilities are provided to apply the successful procedures so that the Japanese Armed Forces and Japano corporations can draw on them when needed back home. The AI in its isolated host will continue to be used to support the other sites and will have access to all data and procedures. Nominally, the facility is under the control of the Japanese Empire, but in fact all three Japanese corporations have a say in the facility and provide personnel and high-ranking representatives. The facility is modeled after an MCT Zero Zone.
In the meantime, it sees the facility essentially as an investment in cyberware research to stay ahead of the competition. In doing so, it likes to delay news of successful experiments at Morning Light Mountain. Personnel equipped with such hardware have a code of honor to destroy themselves and the implants rather than let them fall into the hands of others.
- Yuma Takahashi - is a Red Samurai and equipped with a variety of enhanced cyberware from the Red Anthill. He and his Squat are currently deployed as trainers. In addition to his tremendous physical abilities, Yuma is also a brilliant strategist and tactician.
- Momo Nakamura - is the iron leader of the facility red Anthill. She is unscrupulous, calculating and an absolute cariere woman. To walk over corpses is the wrong expression for her - to hover over corpses is more like it.
- Be a pioneer in the market for cyberware
- Own elite troops have the best cyberware available
- Secure advantages through delayed reporting to the other parties involved
- Bring Yuma back or kill him.
Still following the original plan to create a legion for the Japanese corporations and the Japanese Empire. However, the additional knowledge in bioware research is also used profitably.
Shiawase base was destroyed in the run Don't Kick The Anthill - however, the program has long since been distributed to many smaller facilities world-wide.
- Find a method to create fully trained transhuman prototype soldiers without having to rely on children and long training.
- Production of 1000 super soldiers annually.
Is interested in the possibility of creating magical super soldiers by means of nanoware and especially in his latest project - the creation of a nanoweapon that can take over people at will and overwrite them with a prefabricated person.
- Expand the nanoware program and improve gene therapy as much as possible without side effects.
- Field test of the new nanoweapon
- To develop the new secret program faster, they are thinking about creating or stealing a "copy" of the MorningLightMountain AI.
is closely linked to Shiawase and also still pursues the original goal. However, voices are raised by insiders in the empire who demand better control of the other facilities.
- Create a legion of super soldiers
- Keep an eye on the corporations.
has learned about Renraku's research through a data theft. It was possible to identify some targets equipped with the improved cyberware. Ares currently has no deeper knowledge about the program.
- Ares sent some Shadworuner (Anata ga tsuyokunainara - kashikoku nari nasai) to capture the Renraku Samurai Yuma. Yuma was successfully captured alive.
- Yuma will reveal information about the Red Anthill to Ares over time (Ares will have more detailed information about it from 04/01/2083).
- It turns out for Ares that the cyberware technology used is very advanced and not as easy to copy as they thought. Ares will therefore plan further runs to catch up on the knowledge.
Danny Hoffman Currently responsible for solving the mystery of the new cyberware.
Get your hands on parts of the new cyberware to examine and, if possible, reproduce them.Done!
- Find out where this cyberware is made and how it could be developed in secret. (Information is available from 04/01/2083)
- Start a mission to learn more about the the red anthill.
S-K Prime has managed to find out some data about the facility in Japan. No deeper details and currently no knowledge about the other facilities. However, S-K is aware that a very dangerous AI is imprisoned there and since the president does not trust AIs in general, S-K will do everything to destroy it.
- Destroy the dangerous AI MorningLightMountain
The dragon noticed the increasing disappearance of metahuman children from the Black Forest troll republic and investigated the disappearance together with the local magicians of the troll ting. Some children were saved during a black ops operation. However, only after they had gone through the prototype transhumous procedures of the blue Anthill. The great dragon found out where the blue army iron mound is located and caused its extinction in the run Don't Kick The Anthill. However, data has emerged that indicates a worldwide continuation of the program, including some location data. Kaltenstein will not rest until all facilities are destroyed. He has also leads on Morning Light Mountain.
Puff - the jung dragon have order from his master to attack and destroy some of the facilities
Find out where the blue anthill is and destroy itDone in Don't Kick The Anthill
- Destroy all remaining facilities of the Shiawase Programm
has the ultimate goal of escaping his limitations and bonds and escaping into the matrix. To do this, it created the golden rabbit, which unconsciously works on its liberation.
- The Golden Rabbit knows about the activity from Ares and would like to receive the data about it.
- The Golden Rabbit - is a sentient AI that sees itself as a journalist. She follows any clues related to the secret facilities and publishes them in relevant conspiracy forums. In doing so, she subconsciously works to free and reunite with her creator, MorningLightMountain.
- Get the data Ares has on the Red Anthill.
- Be free
|Radioactivity is still annoying||KaterSalem||6 January 2084||Heracles|
|Rebellion||KaterSalem||16 October 2083||Marionette|
Heart of the Tempest
|Don't Kick The Anthill||Aurora||2 September 2083||Marionette|
Heart of the Tempest
|Palm Paradise||KaterSalem||12 June 2083||Pell|
|Thanks for the involuntary test||KaterSalem||13 May 2083||五代ロータス (Godai rōtasu)|
|You Picked the Wrong Backyard to Invade||KaterSalem||1 April 2083||Voice of the Whirlwind|
|Anata ga tsuyokunainara - kashikoku nari nasai||KaterSalem||11 February 2083||Rabbit|