|Kaiju Film Enthusiast|
|D.O.B.||January 3, 2054|
|Priority||Metatype - C |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - B
Skills - E
Resources - D
Katana-wielding biker-elf who is inordinately fond of campy monster flicks and underdog causes.
- Secure a safe haven and alternative identities for her parents, who are still abroad and the target of political persecution.
- Accumulate enough wealth to eventually retire from Shadow-running.
- Obtain good-condition original copies of a century's worth of Godzilla media.
June Alvarez was born to Filipino parents in Japanese-occupied Hawai'i. Straddling multiple cultures, she grew up speaking English but is conversant in both Tagalog and Japanese. After her parents were implicated in anti-Imperial activities, they sent their daughter to the mainland with false documentation in order to protect her. Since then, June has lived in the shadows under the moniker of "Cold Hands."
Attached to a katana that her father took from a deceased Imperial officer, and inordinately fond of certain elements of Japanese culture - including racing motorcycles and kaiju movies - June is a contradictory figure. During her upbringing in occupied Hawai'i, she was a star pupil at a particular sword dojo, picking up kenjutsu and learning to synthesize her blade training with the ki control of a natural adept.
Now that she runs in the shadows, she makes use of her two primary assets: swordsmanship and aggressive motorcycling. Ironically, her familiarity with the Japanese language and Imperial norms has brought her into contact with a Shiawese fixer.
Cold Hands is a slender, dark-skinned elf with straight black hair, green eyes and an aloof demeanor. She is professional and to the point, preferring business talk over small talk. Her preferred fashion choices range from gothic chic to biker regalia. The runner's electronic accessories are frequently contained in or fashioned to resemble silver jewelry.
Despite her chilly persona, the elf has very particular passions. The first among them is motorcycling - she personally owns a racing bike and is not adverse to participating in urban races. The second is an odd fixation for old media, particularly media revolving around B-tier monster plots.
But perhaps most fatally, she has a passion for underdog causes. Her cold and emotionless facade hides deep wells of empathy, and she has difficulty refusing jobs that favor the downtrodden.
Her parents were implicated in anti-Imperial activities in the Protectorate of Hawai'i, and are currently on the run. She also has an older brother with a legitimate identity living and working in Manila. The brother works for a megacorp and is estranged from the family, facts which have allowed him to so far escape the fallout from their parents' activities.
Cold Hands has a fake SIN (Rating 6) describing her as Catherine Yamamoto, a 30-year-old private investigator and citizen of UCAS. 'Catherine' has the following fake licenses (Rating 6): Driver's License, Firearm License, Weapon License, Adept License, Concealed Carry Permit, Private Investigator.
Following a run that went south (see 'Dance among Faded Memories'), Cold Hands vacated her downtown residence as a precautionary measure. She moved into a rented residence in Tarislar, an elven ghetto in southern Puyallup. Her room there could have been generously described as a 'studio apartment,' but was in actuality a single level in a small, run-down building that she needed to partially restore in order to make livable.
After some time spent living in Tarislar and garnering a local reputation by giving back to the community, Cold Hands has moved deeper into the elven ghetto and acquired a better residence. Though the new place is just as small as her prior dwelling, she now lives in a relatively safer neighborhood, has more amenities, and has a better selection of goods and services. (Medium lifestyle on Low cost.) Her residence has been made into an R15 Magical Lodge (Christian Theurgy Aspect).
Cold Hands, as 'Catherine,' is a member of the Vigilant Iron Schooling House (Street Grimoire, p.60), a loosely-organized training group for both adepts and mundanes based out of a formerly abandoned gym on the edge of Redmond. She can often be seen there during her off-hours in informal sweat pants plus t-shirt, wielding a wooden bokken while teaching kenjutsu to younger students.
- Graceful (Agile Defender, Exceptional Attribute: Agility, Catlike) - Naturally dexterous and light on her feet, Cold Hands is an embodiment of the 'graceful elf' stereotype. Being hard to hit and hard to spot is how she stays alive.
- Guided (Mentor Spirit: Horse, Mentor's Mask, Way of the Magician, Practice Practice Practice: Assensing) - Cold Hands is linked to a mentor spirit that manifests itself as a spectral, wine-red mare. The influence of this spirit has compounded her wanderlust and innate curiosity, while nudging her towards a path of exploring the outer boundaries of her gifts.
- Observant and Coordinated (Hawk Eye, Perfect Time, Perceptive, Vehicle Empathy) - Keen on details and quick with her fingers, hand-eye coordination is not one of Cold Hands' weaknesses. She has a penchant for noticing critical information quickly, allowing her to perform ably as a scout.
- Empathic (First Impression) - Cold Hands, despite being a socially aloof introvert, tends to consider the perspectives of others.
- Toxic-Touched (Rad-Tolerant, Spirit Affinity: Nuclear Spirits, Home Ground: Glow City) - While running, Cold Hands has had several startlingly close brushes with toxic magic, nuclear spirits and radiation cults. Though she is loathe to admit it, these experiences have left their mark.
- PEANUTS (Uncommon and Moderate Allergy: Peanuts) - Cold Hands is careful about eating out, in no small part due to a peanut allergy that has afflicted her since childhood.
- The Deep Dark Sea (Common and Moderate Phobia: Thalassophobia, fear of the Ocean) - While being smuggled to Seattle as a child, Cold Hands nearly drowned during the Pacific crossing. That trauma has haunted her since.
- Filial Duty (Driven, Dependants) - Cold Hands' involvement in the shadows is goal-oriented. Much of what she does is aimed at relocating her parents and giving them a fresh start.
Positive Qualities Table
|Shoot First, Ask Later|
|Way of the Magician|
|Practice, Practice, Practice||Assensing|
|Home Ground (Acclimation)||Glow City|
Negative Qualities Table
|Allergy||Uncommon, Moderate (Peanuts)|
|Phobia||Common, Moderate (Thalassophobia - Fear of the Deep Sea)|
|Driven||Finding Asylum for Parents|
|Dependants (Nuisance)||Sends Money to Parents|
- Gained +1 Street Cred for winning a Barrens street race as the 'Red Mare.' She was there to assassinate a notorious ghoul leader of the 162s, but it was made to look like a combat casualty of the no-holds-barred race.
- Gained +1 Street Cred for helping to bring in one of the 'Hyde' serial killers.
- Gained +1 Street Cred for piloting a run-away 5th World train to a stylish stop.
- Expended 3 Street Cred to maintain a 'Medium' lifestyle at 'Low' cost.
- Gained +1 Street Cred for recovering fissile capable plutonium from a toxic cult.
- Worked for the Cutters in taking out a Halloweener stronghold in Sophocles.
- Helped take out a Halloweener stronghold in Sophocles.
- Resolved an inconvenient situation regarding a local Tacoma business and a short squeeze.
Tacoma (specifically Tacoma Veteran's Association, Tacoma Shipping and Supply District Council, Tacoma Neighborhood Watch): -20
- (if recognized) Involved in the destruction of a local Tacoma business.
Streets of Redmond: +5
- Helped clean up a BTL studio and the rising gang behind it, and got the affected addicts into the care of local street docs.
- Helped Ace Powers evade taxes.
- Recovered a substantial amount of plutonium that had been stolen by Barrens gangs and that eventually wound up in the hands of a Glow City toxic cult.
|Asahiro Kunitoshi||6||5||Fixer||Vice-President of Imperial Kami Services||For The Corporation, Blademaster, Scholar, Vashionable, Authorization, Spywork, Corpo Gear, Shintoist||Even|
|Bautista||4||2||Fixer||Huk Regional Boss||Pirate Trainer, Gun Runner, Demolition Man, Talislegger, Fence||Even|
|Warboss||6||3||Fixer||Fixer||WAAAGH!, Moar Dakka!, Half Machine, All Trog, Gang Boss, Lok'tar Ogar, Crime Lord, Smuggler||Even|
|Alessa P||4||2||Fixer||Owner of The Daze||The Daze, Shadow Connections, Ear to the Ground, Punk Rocker, Bootleggers||Even|
|Krimelin||3||1||Custom(K,A,G,N)||FBI's Most Wanted||Albinism, Spirit Savant, Demoncaller, Go On A Trip, Safehouses, Let It All Burn||Even|
|St1tch||5||3||Legwork||Dissonant Technomancer and Anti-Infected Crusader||Vendetta, Dissonant Static, Clean Body, Clean Soul, For the Greater Good, Know Your Enemy, Datahaven Membership, Spiteful Sprites, Field Medic, The Enemy of my Enemy, Spick and Span, Temple Collaborator, Trid Enthusiast||Even|
|Dr. Tony Hanks||2||1||Legwork||Charity Clinic Doctor||Surgeon, Charity Networker, Redmond Born and Raised, Gang Grudge, Overworked||Even|
|Rose of Sharon Howlett||2||3||Legwork||Occult Bounty Hunter||HMHVV Carrier, CAS Native, Law Enforcement Experience, Monster Slayer, Spark of Magic||Even|
|Chet Brent||2||3||Legwork||Motorcycle Cop||The Better Brother, Tacoma Precinct, Case by Case, The Open Road, Wheels Turning||Even|
|Cera Goodwill||1||3||Legwork||Member of The Invisible Population, Unlimited Access||Even|
|Pump King Jack||5||1||Legwork||Halloween Spirit||Herald of Halloween, Extraplanar, Spirit Savvy, Hella Halloweeners, Any Place, Any Time, Goodnatured Guide, Formula One||Even|
|Flora Seychelles||1||1||Service||Independent Auto Mechanic||Automotive Mechanic, Former Go-Ganger||Even|
|Star Man||2||3||Service||Free Spirit||Spirit of Guardian, Astrology Man, Just Likes a Good Time||Even|
|Weirdboi||3||3||Custom(G,A,K,N)||Skraacha Cyberdoc||Shamanic Surgery, Shamanic Cybersurgeon, Measure twice, cut just an irresponsible amount, It fell of a lot of trucks, Black Market Connections, Jar of blood! Oh I'll stop the bleeding now||Even|
|Toxic Tension||4||4||Custom(A, N, K, G)||Combat DJ||SpinGlobal Radicalness And Loyalty!, Extremely Radical, Trog EDM, Keymore, SpinGlobal, Famous Artist, Pyrotechnics||Even|
|Kyra Samaras||5||3||Generalist||Spinradical Scientist||Esoteric Acquisitions, Interdisciplinary Collaboration, Collaborative Iteration, Actually Smart, Magic Mind, Whirring Gizmos, This is Research!, Spirit Friends!||Even|
In Character Information
Matrix Search Table
|1||Advertisements concerning mittens and heat pads.|
|3||Vehicle, jacket styling, and physical build matches to 'Red Mare,' a biker who regularly participates in Seattle street races.|
|6||Carried blade and sword style matches to a particular dojo in Imperial-occupied Hawai'i, one sponsored by Shiawase donors.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||Aloof elf; doesn't socialize much.|
|3||Close combat specialist and fast. Likes motorcycles.|
|5||Some of her pay is always sent overseas. Can be reliably bribed with obscure kaiju media.|
Weight: 148 lbs.
Prefers dark, plain jackets that are lit up in AR with racing team logos. Her electronic accessories are fitted into silver jewelry.
When Cold Hands does go on the Matrix, her persona is almost always a chibi version of Mothra.
"Master of Trains" (See: Fragmented Vineyard )