|Optionally explosive infiltration and weapons specialist|
|A bloodthirsty marine eager to prove her combat abilities turned|
|a crusader for the common people. Just remember when dealing|
|with her that 'Neutral Good' does not mean 'Neutral Nice'.|
|D.O.B.||November 11th, 2036|
|Priority||Metatype - B |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - C
Resources - E
|Number of Runs:||38|
|Runs since Rent:||2|
Cassidy MacRae, A.K.A 'Bannerette', is fairly short for an elf at just under 6ft tall. Though well-built from her long years of military service, and her physically intensive lifestyle, she still cuts a distinctly feminine figure. Her fiery red hair falls to shoulder length when let down, though she prefers to have it tied up in order to keep it out of the way. Her soulful blue eyes seem to glow in the dark, which turn to an icy stare when she is focused. Her hands are calloused from long hours at the range and give the impression of a person who does a lot of physical work, though in her opinion it's never enough. Through her magical abilities as a physical adept, she is far tougher than she seems, and she can have short bursts of supernatural physical ability. Though she prefers camouflage patterns on her casual wear, her favorite being the classic old US woodland, she does also enjoy wearing more traditionally feminine clothes and will often default to a fancy sundress when it's time to dress up.
Cassidy is a bit of a medieval history nerd, and though she's no scholar, she owns a fairly impressive collection of books on the subject. Her matrix persona is modelled after a Hospitaller Knight, every matrix game she plays is set in medieval times (or at least a fantasy version based on it), and she still talks to her old LARP gang even after moving out to the mountains. Her remote home makes it hard to go to church, so she prays whenever she gets a chance and makes a point to do so before every meal and rest at least. These days, she spends most of her time working around her cabin in the woods (though its more of a one-woman army base), doing repair work constantly to keep up with the wild horned bear that moved in with her of it's own accord (his name is Sir Cuddles). Cassidy makes a point to hang out with Major Paige as often as possible, though both being busy so often, it can be hard to find time. Feeling unfulfilled with protests or the odd donation, Bannerette spends a sizable chunk of her off time in the cascade mountains as a sort of unofficial ranger. She's by no means the best survivalist, but she's probably better at it than most.
Help her long-time friend Major Paige Jenkins build her career back upnow all thats left is to get reinstated, if at all possible Learn to wilderness, and move there to escape the city's gross smogmountain cabin living!
- Upgrade all her ware to delta, and gain the ability to regenerate
- Learn to operate aircraft, and get an attack helicopter
- Sharpen her aim to the absolute limits of what a person can accomplish
- Become a demi-god of the northern mountains
Cassidy MacRae was born on November 11th, 2036 in the city of Chicago as the 5th child of Connor and Francine MacRae. Connor MacRae was a veteran, and the owner of the apartment block in which they lived. Her mother, Francine, was a nurse at the local VA hospital at which Cassidy would often volunteer. Due to hard times for the family, the financial burden on her family of having her 4 older siblings going to local university, and her younger brother falling ill, Cassidy began her career in the UCAS marines in December of 2054 (a decision that made her father very proud). Shortly after her training had completed in mid 2055, Chicago became bug city; Cassidy was among the forward elements of the military response to this incident, though she did not know the real reason she was being deployed there due to the UCAS coverup story of a VITAS outbreak. Cassidy spent a few months at the containment zone assisting (Read: grunt work) in logistics operations before the real reason there was revealed. After watching in horror as a nuclear warhead detonated in her home city, Cassidy was assigned light duty for the next 6 years. Her entire family was presumed dead, and their bodies were never found. She buried 7 empty coffins alone.
Following the six year period of light duty, and narrowly avoiding a section 8 over the death of her family, Cassidy was assigned to participate in the Mojave Desert Wars(tm). From 2061 until 2069, Cassidy was a minor but successful and well-regarded participant on behalf of the UCAS. After her 8 year tour-on-tape, she achieved the rank of 2nd Lieutenant and was reassigned to the UCAS-Sioux Nation border. Tensions there were high, and incidents where minor, but not unheard of, and her ability to keep a level head on the playing field made her a good candidate in the eyes of her superiors. Here, she met Major Paige Jenkins, and became good friends with her over the next 13 years. Though she would distinguish herself as a promising leader on the border, and among the longest serving officers there by early 2082, disaster struck her career and the career of the Major. Reports concerning the incident conflict on who fired first, but during a routine patrol accompanied by the Major, a skirmish broke out with opposing Sioux forces and multiple casualties on both sides were sustained. Cassidy herself was shot in the leg. The political fallout resulted in the Major being reassigned to a logistics posting in Seattle, while Cassidy got a phony medical discharge. Robbed of her career, her pension, and her benefits Cassidy was forced to turn to the shadows to make a living. Connected with Paige's shady cousin sunglasses, a decently connected fixer and general parazoology enthusiast, she took her first step into the shadows in December of 2082.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Battle Hardened: In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "The worst day of your life so far". Level heads live to see another, potentially even shittier, day.
- Guts: Bannerette has seen some shit x2. She was a soldier, she is a shadowrunner, and she sure as sunshine won't be called a coward.
- Mentor Spirit (Eagle): A symbol synonymous with the country she served for so long.
- Mentor's Mask: One might see the illusion of an eagle, sometimes accompanied by it's faint cry, when Bannerette actively uses her powers.
- Perfect Time: After 28 years of service in the UCAS military Cassidy has a nearly perfect internal clock, and is rarely late to anything.
- Rank (2nd Lieutenant, UCAS Marines): Despite the political fallout due to the incident on the border between the UCAS and the Sioux, Bannerette enjoy recognition of her service to the UCAS (at least in most respects).
- Sharpshooter: Bannerette has always been a crack shot, but her experience in the military has honed that skill considerably.
- Strive for Perfection: Bannerette is a riflewoman. She aims, quite literally, for the best. She's getting very close.
- Trust Fund 1: Bannerette is scraping some cash off the top of a smuggling ring paying fees to a corrupt UCAS military colonel
- Code of Honor: Bannerette has a personal code. She follows it to the letter, because as she sinks deeper and deeper into the shadows, she is terrified of becoming evil without even noticing.
- Dependents (Demanding): So it turns out that some of Cassidy's family survived bug city, and the nuke, unbeknownst to her for 30 years. And now they live with her, and that shit costs money no matter how sentimental the reunion is.
- Impassive: The downside to being tolerant to constant stress and danger is that civil society and regular people tend to see you as emotionless, at least some of the time.
- Insomnia (Basic): The nightmares never really stop, there is just so much that's happened and one person can't deal with it all on their all.
- No Man Left Behind: Cassidy feels very strongly that leaving a man behind, under any circumstances, is unacceptable. She'll die on that hill, with pride and a smile.
- SINner (UCAS): Cassidy, despite being thrown out in the cold by her country, retains her citizenship. Even disillusioned as can be, she stubbornly believes in the ideals on which her country was founded.
- Thousand Yard Stare 1: With almost 3 decades of military experience, Cassidy has seen some things she wishes she could forget. Sometimes, it seems like she's remembering more than she wants to.
Code of Honor Rules
Cannot harm civilians, non-combatants, or prisoners
- Any 'ordinary' person walking down the street is a civilian. A non-combatant is anybody who doesn't have the ability to fight, such as someone incapacitated or someone who cannot fight unarmed without a weapon, or otherwise isn't an enemy. Prisoners are anyone held captive by Cassidy or her teammates. That means no torturing people for information, no essence draining people even if they deserve it, etc.
Maintain generally honorable conduct
- A non-exclusive list of dishonorable acts might be taking hostages, using blackmail, shooting people who have already surrendered, and breaking one's word willfully. What is honorable in Bannerette's eyes is largely informed by chivalric knights and modern soldiers, adjusted as appropriate for her circumstances. For example, it wouldn't be good to only save damsels in distress, she's all about equal treatment, so distressed gentlemen can also expect a rescue.
Must protect the weak and defenseless, and assist those in need when able
- A straight forward maxim. Save the child who ran into the middle of the street after their ball, stick up for the poor SINless getting forcibly evicted, the tired wageslave getting mugged, and even the terrifying infected. Success isnt always possible or strictly necessary, but doing everything in your power to try even against impossible odds is. Death isn't an excuse, and you better not be charging for the service, either, unless it's already part of the job. Who wants to live forever, anyway?
Cannot cooperate with authorities against the people
- If you are working for someone on the top to the active detriment of someone on the bottom, you are breaking the rules. If you run against the Big 10, some country, or whatever at the behest of some shady J then that's fine. Running against a group picking on the little guy, like Humanis, is totally okay. Picking a fight with the little guy because some corpo offered you a fistful of dollars is bad. If you get asked, you gotta either walk or turn on the J to help out the downtrodden folks who got on his bad side. Extracting wageslaves, blowing away security personnel (assuming the other rules are followed), and demolishing the tower lair of an insect shaman is fine; They made their choice.
Cannot partake in vice
- This one is easy and straightforward. Don't take recreational drugs or BTLs, don't have sex before marriage, and don't get involved in any other kind of similar debauchery. In short, temperance is a virtue, so stick to it. However, it's not a total unconditional ban. Drugs for medical or combat purposes are fine, everyone gets sick and the demon trying to control your thoughts doesn't care that drugs are bad; If you expect to fight, or you have some other actual need, I'm sure God won't mind. Likewise, if you ever find yourself a spouse, the lord does say to be fruitful and multiply.
Must donate a portion of earnings to charity
- Give alms to the poor. Give something to those in need. Buy a homeless guy some lunch and a winter coat. A fool and his money are soon parted, but as long as it's for a good cause (like the VA, animal shelters, MoM, etc.) then nobody can say it wasn't worth it. In game terms, this means you always need to 'work for the people' at least once, so long as it is possible to do so. "But I really, really want this cool thing out of gear rewards" does not count as a reason it isn't possible.
|Major Paige Jenkins||6||5||Gear||Supply Officer in the UCAS Seattle Logistics Office||Pilot Platoon, Military Supply Officer, It's Called an 'Armory' for a Reason!, Full Metal Jacket, The Smell of Napalm..., Pacific Logistics Command, Supply and Demand||Even|
|Bilge-Rat Jones||3||5||Service||Pirate/Smuggler||Shady Smuggler, Beneath Notice, Magical Countermeasures, Fool's Luck, Go Down With The Ship, Covered In Rats, Owns A Ship, Rat Shaman||Even|
|Crazy Otter||1||4||Gear||Crazy Otter||FABulous, Mall Talislegger||Even|
|Sunglasses||3||4||Fixer||Smuggler with a heart of gold||Awakened Hangout Regular, Smuggling on the side, College Dropout, Former Engineering Student||Even|
|Felipe Chandler||3||3||Custom (K,N,A,G)||Child Psychologist||Drugs, Child at Heart, Psychology, Doc Wagon||Even|
|Phil Haskill||8||3||Networking||Policlub Activist||California Free State, Corporations, Mothers of Metahumans, Policlubs, Politics, San Francisco, Shadow Community, UCAS, Ares Macrotechnology||Even|
|Le Bourguinion||3||3||Custom(N,G,A,K)||Mercenary Group Leader||Casevac, Gunship, Care Package, Tools of the Trades||Even|
|Amrei Veidt||6||2||Generalist||S-K Prime Operative||Actually a Spy, Deck Jockey, Delta Clinic Access, Former Shadowrunner, Information Broker, One Step Ahead, Prime Datahaven Membership, Saeder-Krupp Employee, Fresh off the Assembly Line||Even|
|Bonesaw||4||2||Custom(A,G,K,N)||Street Doc||Street Doc, Combat Medic, Bioware, Cyberlimbs, Cyberware||Even|
|Camila "Novicio" Sanchez||3||2||Custom (K, N, A, G)||Aztechnology Mrs. Johnson||Too little experience, Fashion Victim, Ares hater, Dragon lover, Atztechnology Magic Insider, Great horizontal network||Even|
|Cassandra Withers||8||2||Networking||FBI Liaison||Secretly A Mantis, Bug Knowledge, Twisted Magic, UCAS Government Connections, Bug Hotspots, Government Favors, Magical Stealth, MilSpec Resources, ARES Macrotechnology Knowledge, Mantis Hunger, Grip On The FBI||Even|
|Commander||2||2||Custom(N,G,A,K)||Black Ops Veteran||Old school Operative, JURY Protocol, Nascent Spy Network, ANVIL Protocol, Shady Dealing||Even|
|Etrius's Team||1||2||Service||Special Operation Team||Hard To reach, Wanted by SK, Special Operation Specialist, We are on this Together, Shadowrunner Team, SUT Specialist||Even|
|Kurt the Camera Tech||2||2||Legwork||Redmond camera technician||Engineering Graduate, Ineffectual Panopticon, Is that Kurt?||Even|
|Miyuki||7||1||Custom(A,K,N,G)||Matrix Entity, Hunter Killer, Consume and Adapt, Creeping Death, Apex Predator, Tech Mastery, Eyes on the Past, Newfound Kin, Analytic Mind, Free Agent, Once Burned, Twice Shy, Panopticon||-1|
|Puff||9||-1||Fixer||David Cartel North America Boss||Temper, Deep Weed Addiction, Dragon connection, Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea, And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee, Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff, And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff, Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail, Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail, Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er they came, Pirate ships would lower their flags when Puff roared out his name, A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys, Painted wings and giant's rings make way for other toys, One gray night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more, And Puff, that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar, So Puff, that mighty dragon, sadly slipped into his cave||-3|
|Alfred Bester||6||1||Custom(K,N,G,A)||UCAS Blackops||Example Positive Aspect, P12 Rating, Shady Blackops, The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father, Totally not a UCAS Officer||Even|
|Knife||7||1||Fixer||Black Lodge Initiate||The Cutting Edge, Specialty Markets, Matrix Master, Still Magical, AI Expert, Trojan Horse, Autonomous Power, Underworld Connections, An Unfriendly Neighbor, A Healthy Paranoia||Even|
+5 Black Lodge
+8 162s Rep
+10 UCAS Military
+1 Mothers of Metahumans
+10 rep with Ex-Firewatch
-10 rep with Horizon
-10 Komun-go Ring
Matrix Search Table
|1||Former member of a small Seattle LARP Group called "Seattle Fantasy Fighters"|
Minor participant of Desert Wars in the 2060's, responsible for several deaths
|3||Discharged with a purple heart following an incident on the border of the Sioux Nation|
Deployed to Chicago during the 55' Bug City Incident, her entire family is listed as victims
|6||The circumstances of her discharge are mostly political, and her purple heart was an excuse|
The bodies of her family were never recovered, and they are all listed as possible MIA bug hosts by the FBI
Shadow Community Table
|1||She is a catholic nerd who won't STFU about charlemagne|
She is a physical adept gunner, and an ex-military type with some shady UCAS ties
|3||Her name is a play on 'banneret' which is a type of medieval soldier|
She lives in the mountains with a completely untamed, wild horned bear like a lunatic
|5||Her whole family was killed in 2055 in bug city, and she blames herself|
Bannerette may actually have gone a little insane, and has a fatally high danger tolerance
ShadowGrid Profile Comments